Traded #42: Massimoe D'Ambrosioe - Thank you for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Not upset he’s leaving at all. Never mentioned it because I didn’t see the point spreading what is essentially scuttlebut, however my best mate heard from his son’s footy mate’s dad who is very well placed to know, that Massimo is a gigantic sook and mummy’s boy who thinks he’s way better than he is and takes instruction poorly and personally.

Makes a lot of sense if you wonder why he got picked so rarely.

Sayonara, don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out

Never been upset that he wasn't picked for a game, so not upset he's leaving. Great kick, not great at anything else

I wanted to see if he could be more of a weapon going inside 50 because he can't defend. On the other hand, if he can't defend and help keep the ball locked in, no dice there either. I'm sick of watching us not being able to defend, so farewell Massimo.

Sicily is gonna go nuts.

Not upset he’s leaving at all. Never mentioned it because I didn’t see the point spreading what is essentially scuttlebut, however my best mate heard from his son’s footy mate’s dad who is very well placed to know, that Massimo is a gigantic sook and mummy’s boy who thinks he’s way better than he is and takes instruction poorly and personally.

this is the sort of invisible (to us) stuff that really influences selection I reckon

It’s why I don’t lose my s**t every Thursday night. We have opinions but we lack access to crucial info that is only known inside the club.

an italian named Massimo, a mummy’s boy? no!

well I am shocked to be sitting here

We can't afford to carry someone who can't defend.

After watching the finals it is clear what the top sides have in Coleman, Quaynor etc. who can defend and slice up the opposition.

If Nick Martin gets better defensively, he could be that player IMO. He can see the play unfolding and hit targets like Coleman.

We can't afford to carry someone who can't defend.

After watching the finals it is clear what the top sides have in Coleman, Quaynor etc. who can defend and slice up the opposition.

If Nick Martin gets better defensively, he could be that player IMO. He can see the play unfolding and hit targets like Coleman.
Idun, he's the best of the lot IMO. What a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this will happen quite a bit with Scott. One or two younger guys each year are probably going to explore their options if they can get games elsewhere.

I think this will happen quite a bit with Scott. One or two younger guys each year are probably going to explore their options if they can get games elsewhere.

He's a fringe MSD selection.

It's not like he was dominating in the VFL each week either, he's got some good attributes, and some bad.

Maybe at a different club they'll be able to use him in a way that they can ignore the bad ones, but at EFC with a dearth of players who work hard defensively then having yet another player who struggles defensively (for whatever reason) means he's not a good fit, even if he does have a nice kick.

It's not like he was dominating in the VFL each week either, he's got some good attributes, and some bad.

Maybe at a different club they'll be able to use him in a way that they can ignore the bad ones, but at EFC with a dearth of players who work hard defensively then having yet another player who struggles defensively (for whatever reason) means he's not a good fit, even if he does have a nice kick.

Yeah, pretty much agree with all of that.

If Hawks have said 'here's a two/multi-year deal, you'll be given every chance to play ones', probably just best for everyone that he moves.

As good as the Bulldogs were in 2016 (at least in finals series) they really only had two genuine match winners - Stringer and Boyd. Sorry, I like Bont but I don’t put him in that match winner category.
Agreed. Hes a real consistent performer but doesnt lift in big moments all that often.

This

This is the type of deal that most other clubs would get done on day 1 or day 2 of trade period for a token 4th round selection.

Knowing us, we're asking for pick 30 from Hawforn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back