Traded #42: Massimoe D'Ambrosioe - Thank you for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice kick but he’s 5’10 and not an amazing athlete. Try’s hard and will prob play a few games but I’m not losing sleep over him wanting out.

Any Houli comparisons need to chill, Bacha was much more powerful than this kid and as a few mentioned we didn’t want him to go.
Did we want Ambrosio to go?

Higgins and Butler had 8 goals between them

I guess at least we got to see the finished article at 20 with 7 games under his belt and be comfortable in the knowledge that he’ll never develop into anything better.

I guess at least we got to see the finished article at 20 with 7 games under his belt and be comfortable in the knowledge that he’ll never develop into anything better.
In 1.5 years he hasn't developed a single defensive bone in his body. Club was willing to give him another to work on it. Remember, he wasn't delisted
How many years do you hand out for free before you start bemoaning a list clogger?

In 1.5 years he hasn't developed a single defensive bone in his body. Club was willing to give him another to work on it. Remember, he wasn't delisted
How many years do you hand out for free before you start bemoaning a list clogger?

If that’s the case then let’s draft Shaun Mannagh with our first round pick. At least we know we’re getting a finished product.

I reckon Jayden Short.

Both 178cm

Both went undrafted,

Both were rookied.

Short Started as a hff in the VFL, Always had a great kick but copped criticism for defensive efforts and sub par fwd pressure.

Was then trialed as a small defender and was made chief kick out taker from full back (make use of weapon) .Upgraded to snr list thereafter, it still took him atleast 5 years to become an afl mainstay once body developed. In the end his main weapon was his kicking , everything else was worked around.

But we have persisted one year with our version.

He's got a long way to go to be Jayden Short level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems our list strategy atm is to keep guys on 1 year if we're not entirely sold on their prospects so we can pull the trigger on a full clean out of cloggers if it's needed. Mass got a better deal than that and wants to take it - I wouldn't read into it too much.
For mine it's a much better strategy than the status quo that was signing players based on potential rather than performance.

I'm not going over to the Hawthorne board but I wonder is Mass a champion yet?

It's funny, AFL media saying Hawks want mass' zip after missing Henry, someone's thinks he's fast.. a fast low rake kick can sometimes trump legspeed when the kick opens up the play anyway
Maybe he takes longer strides but doesn't look quick to me never remembered seeing him run down anyone looked average pace at best - Short looks close to Aker prime quick. Media probably assuming because the guy is small is quick like our recruiters thinking Mitch Hibberd was an inside mid due to large body size and played midfield. Totally agreed on your last sentence and people use to say that of the Hawthorn 2012-2015 team, the smarts and speed of ball traveling in the air can trump pure legspeed.

I'm not going over to the Hawthorne board but I wonder is Mass a champion yet?
No one on our board has said anything remotely about him being a champion.

Most recognise him as a player who has a couple of weapons but has weaknesses as well, but after reading posts on here I now know he is a dud.

That is how it works on BF isn’t it?

People are easily seduced because he is a sublime kick and we do not have a lot of players who kick the footy that well.
The problem for me is in 18 months he has shown no improvement in the area that saw him overlooked at the ND.
He is a reactive player. I you spend a whole quarter watching him live in the VFL you will see it. He spends a lot of the game using up energy because he is always a fraction off in his transition . It is not that he does not try but more he does not see it and then has a shit I need to be doing X moment and has to run to try and fix it. My view is he will never be any good at half back as he is out of position a lot. People say but Houli never defended but the difference is that despite Houli not being able to defend one on one he could transition quickly and be in an intercept position or at a minimum a one on one contest .
Even as a half forward he will have issues as if he does not improve the reaction time he will spend half the game chasing the ball back the other way.

Last edited:
No one on our board has said anything remotely about him being a champion.

Most recognise him as a player who has a couple of weapons but has weaknesses as well, but after reading posts on here I now know he is a dud.

That is how it works on BF isn’t it?
This Is Cool GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back