Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Get rid of him? Why? Bc he's one of the few actually driving it forward?

Not the best user but the point is he's getting the ball, he's running, applies pressure and isn't afraid.
Which is more than i can say for a lot other blokes on the list.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Offers more then most. WOuldn't be getting rid of him because he still has 1 year and we cant get rid of everyone. give him next year then it might be time but atm hes clearly not our worst. (Thats not to say there is much better however)

Can run quicker than a turtle.

Can even kick a goal too.

He definitely gets next year.

Can run quicker than a turtle.

Can even kick a goal too.

He definitely gets next year.

He also has a contract. 23 out of contract players to choose for culling this year without getting rid of guys you have to pay anyway, have a pretty high ceiling of output, and has been one of the few players we have who has looked capable of creating in the forward line over the past few weeks.

He also has a contract. 23 out of contract players to choose for culling this year without getting rid of guys you have to pay anyway, have a pretty high ceiling of output, and has been one of the few players we have who has looked capable of creating in the forward line over the past few weeks.

I knew on the contract hence why I said next year.

Otherwise yes I totally agree with you, we have many others in the gun before him on form and contract status.

I wouldn't rule out Hall getting another contract at the end of next year either.

Grew up just down the road from me so I might be biased, but yeah, if he can eliminate some parts of his game he may well earn one as he brings a difference to our list.

Not sure if he gets another one or not? But this club needs to move past having Aaron Halls on your list. Hall is the guy you have when you are challenging, so I would probably rather see him go than someone like a Garner.

I know Garner is a crap shoot, but if and it’s a massive if, who do you rather on your list if both players are fit?

I would take the punt on Garner knowing that Hall is a short term fix, whereas Garner has the ability to be anything if he can stay on the park.

I’m not sold on Hall, is a lazy selfish footballer.

Not really the onfield influence you want around a young developing group.

It’s strange that onfield he demonstrates these traits when by all reports he is excellent as an offfield leader.

I’m not sold on Hall, is a lazy selfish footballer.

It’s strange that onfield he demonstrates these traits when by all reports he is excellent as an offfield leader.

Check his thread mate and what I wrote about my discussion from his school days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our drafting is deplorable that we can’t draft any types that give us run and carry.
Really got to wonder what our scouts are looking at.

Pretty sure that LDU and Bailey Scott will develop into elite run and carry players given a bit more time. I suspect Perez will be decent in that area as well. Atley has the ability but just doesn't use it for some reason. Maybe it was coached out of him under Scott.

When we have the ball he covers the ground well.
When we don’t have the ball, he shuffles.

So does Higgins.
So does Cunnington. (Not well but faster)
So does Ziebell. (Not well but faster)
So does Polec.

Point?

So does Higgins.
So does Cunnington. (Not well but faster)
So does Ziebell. (Not well but faster)
So does Polec.

Point?

Hally has clearly entered the whipping boy zone where some guys spend the whole game looking for faults that confirm their biases and ignore the fact that we probably had at least a dozen who had far worse games than him yesterday.

Pretty sure that LDU and Bailey Scott will develop into elite run and carry players given a bit more time. I suspect Perez will be decent in that area as well. Atley has the ability but just doesn't use it for some reason. Maybe it was coached out of him under Scott.

LDU was best available
Bailey was f/s
Perez looks a likely type

Just pissed that we are reluctant to draft fleet footed players.

If he's icing, he's the kind of icing that falls off the side of the cake.

If a guy that we need to get on the outside struggles to hit a target by foot, then whats the point in having him?

I've seen him hit plenty of targets over the last month or so including hitting kicks that only two or three on our list would attempt, let alone make.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back