Player Watch #43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice pick up. By reports improved a heap over the season. Lightning fast, decent skills and good attitude. Great size if we can add some meat to him.

Lot to work with young Dekker.

Welcome to Tigerland, and long may you thrive here.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Is he any good?
We would have won the vfl premiership had he played. Unfortunately a young rfc vfl staff member in fitness told us he was going to be hidden away as we wanted him badly. Has a serious leap and some wheels from the games I saw him play in. Get excited

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy Jess

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
utah jazz
We would have won the vfl premiership had he played. Unfortunately a young rfc vfl staff member in fitness told us he was going to be hidden away as we wanted him badly. Has a serious leap and some wheels from the games I saw him play in. Get excited

If that’s true, I like the way the club is going about it’s business! Smart and effective.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Derek came from nowhere, as in never made Pioneers squads/ B & F's etc, to a breakout year at 17 playing a running half back at Wentworth seniors. 3 way tie winner of the league B & F in Mildura league. Very confident with ball in hand, very quiet guy normally. About 183cm and lean, but has natural endurance and kicks beautifully. Classy. In close will be his challenge, but has done so well so far so why not. Great to see players coming through our academy system, without which I doubt he would have been noticed. (outside of Sunraysia)

Took a couple of days, now his tyres are being pumped. Hope Dekkers can live up to it. But given the nature of what people are saying it sounds like we might have a freebie of high quality. I like it that it is people that have seen him or talked to RFC staff about him. Rather than 2nd hand rumour base on Cousin Beevis' Uncle Knuckles friend with benefits pillow talk.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Nice pick up. By reports improved a heap over the season. Lightning fast, decent skills and good attitude. Great size if we can add some meat to him.

Lot to work with young Dekker.

Welcome to Tigerland, and long may you thrive here.
Was overlooked as a Cat B rookie last year by the club. Great reward for his hard work in pursuing his AFL dream.

Joey longshadow

Hostis Humani Generis
Oct 23, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Baltimore ravens

I think we would have won the VFL flag if Lennon had given more of a stuff

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Ran into a rfc vfl bloke in recent days , yep they'd most definitely seen enough of him, however so had a few others as he had 5 req to attend draft screening

Nov 10, 2007
Punt rd
AFL Club
Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back