Past #43: Sam Gibson - #63 '12 RD - 130 consec. NM games (club record) - NM --> ADL for pk91 '17 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-17/roos-running-man-set-to-begin-talks-on-new-deal

Roos' running man set to begin talks on new deal
ON THE back of his strong start to 2016, running man Sam Gibson is set to open contract negotiations with North Melbourne soon.

Gibson is due to come out of contract at the end of this season but remains an integral part of the Roos' midfield as the ladder-leader's best endurance runner.

The former mature-age rookie is coming off a best-on-ground performance against Essendon last Saturday, when he racked up an equal career-high 36 possessions that included a team-high five rebound 50s and seven inside 50s.

Gibson's manager, Ben Williams of Players Ink, told AFL.com.au on Tuesday he was scheduled to meet North in "a couple of weeks" to begin talks on the midfielder's future.

Although he is set to turn 30 next Friday (May 27), Gibson is a relative newcomer to AFL ranks, having been rookie-drafted by North in 2011 at the age of 25.

He made his debut in round 12 the following season and has not missed a game since. His run of 93 consecutive games is the third longest active streak in the competition, behind those of Andrew Gaff (112) and Brad Ebert (101).

Gibson has dominated pre-season time trials throughout his time at Arden Street and this year's reduction in the interchange rotation cap from 120 to 90 has played into his hands, with the former Oakleigh Charger playing 87.5 per cent game time.

Gibson has averaged 21.9 possessions and one goal a game in 2016. He also leads North in uncontested possessions (136) and is second for inside 50s (32).

Gibson was a member of North's leadership group from 2014-15 before stepping down ahead of this season.

He spent 2007 on Hawthorn's rookie list but did not play a senior game, with his subsequent form in the VFL with the Box Hill Hawks convincing North to throw him an AFL lifeline.

Was best player on the ground by a fair way in the first half.
He was the best player on the ground full stop. Though not be a mile. Taz was very good as well

Not wanting to steal TOD's thunder here but I find it funny (yet sadly unsurprising) how much more we've talked about that 1 turnover then his other 35 possessions this week

Will never bag this campaigner again after Saturday night.
Momentum kills and turnovers and whatnot, but * his workrate for the jumper is second to none.
Asked to go to Dangerfield and hold him, whilst still accumulating touches and done it without sooking.
He and Robbie were the difference between a 5 goal and 10 goal loss.

Gibbo probably one of the underrated players going around in the league& who flies under the radar as well,has been mighty impressive for someone who came in the caper quite late& has strung up so many consecutive games as well.Hardly ever plays a bad game really & certainly one always personally I love watching a real gem:thumbsu:;).

Gibbo probably one of the underrated players going around in the league& who flies under the radar as well,has been mighty impressive for someone who came in the caper quite late& has strung up so many consecutive games as well.Hardly ever plays a bad game really & certainly one always personally I love watching a real gem:thumbsu:;).

Pigs ass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus do you have Google alerts set up for Sam Gibson or something?

I'm positive that Arjen is in fact Gibbo. And that he continually talks himself down on here, so that he can then bask in the inevitable compliments that follow in his defence.

Is a very cunning ploy by Gibbo the Great to feel the warm embrace of Bigfooty.

I don't think that Dugdale2Dwyer is actually Petrie though. There is no way that Dish could even pretend to be that much of a knob.

I'm positive that Arjen is in fact Gibbo.

Check if he's ever posted during a game.

Brad Scott (to the runner) - Tell Gibbo to get off his bloody phone!!
Runner (to Gibbo) - Brad wants you to put your phone away and tag Dangerfield
Gibbo - Gibbo's not on Bigfooty. That's Arjen (winks)

Jesus do you have Google alerts set up for Sam Gibson or something?

44 minute response time is poor by any standards.

The only person I know with a 44 minute response time, if indeed you get a response at all, is Brad "Bobbie Fischer" Scott's.

In the absence of Jacobs he should have gone to Mitchell and he should have gone to danger much earlier.

I'm positive that Arjen is in fact Gibbo. And that he continually talks himself down on here, so that he can then bask in the inevitable compliments that follow in his defence.

Is a very cunning ploy by Gibbo the Great to feel the warm embrace of Bigfooty.

I don't think that Dugdale2Dwyer is actually Petrie though. There is no way that Dish could even pretend to be that much of a knob.

I just hope he takes up the opportunity to clarify the Poison Ball incident once and for all.

Arjen's our resident Gibbo basher. You'd have to immerse yourself in this board pretty deeply to truly get the feel for it.

Thanks Rob:thumbsu:, it's all good mate sorry I just hope I wasn't sounding silly or lame of what I said but just to put it straight I really did mean it.I do love watching the Kangas in general always have,hope you go very deep this year my friend:thumbsu:;).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back