Past #45: Oscar Junker - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Get a bit of an ayden Kennedy vibe unfortunately. Style and size and attributes, juice has the one advantage of being able to play mid also but not sure that he'd do well in the midfield at AFL level

Also his family friend poster Excellence is a bit of CuriousLplater situation. Hopefully no cancelling of accounts when he goes off the list whenever that may be

Obviously I havent been around long enough to know what the curiouslplater did?
Just because I know the kid fairly well I know a bit of the latest with his progress. If you guys dont want to know I'm happy to not talk about it.
I agree that his consistency is a weakness but as someone said he was thrown around all year and played in a bad side.
He never knew he was even a chance at an afl chance until he was 16 so hes been playing catch up with his body/fitness since then. Still has a long way to go but I'm excited to see how he goes in the VFL this year.

Just because I know the kid fairly well I know a bit of the latest with his progress. If you guys dont want to know I'm happy to not talk about it.
I agree that his consistency is a weakness but as someone said he was thrown around all year and played in a bad side.
He never knew he was even a chance at an afl chance until he was 16 so hes been playing catch up with his body/fitness since then. Still has a long way to go but I'm excited to see how he goes in the VFL this year.
CuriousLplater basically just kept trying to talk up Kennedy at every opportunity and complained about him not getting a go. Then we delisted Kennedy and he deleted his bf account

Relax dude, we all like the inside word. In fact I think you may have just joined the inner scrotum after just 20 posts.

Promise us one thing though, if OJ does get delisted please don't hack his Facebook account and tee off at our drug culture and call Jack Ziebell a virgin.

The rule is the more news, the better Your Excellency.

The notion of Junker being quick is an interesting surprise. I was convinced he was a slow smart type. If he can jet around a bit it opens up a lot of possibilities.
Yeah it is a bit of a surprise, one of the biggest knocks on him in draft profiles etc was that he lacked a bit of pace. Also, someone said he won all the events @ 1st year camp... in the videos it clearly States that Larkey was the most impressive in the same events... could we have a bull****er in our midst??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chipping in here.

One of many I'll look forward to see progressing.

Is his surname German or English?
Also, is it pronouned Junk-Er or Yung-Ker?
Junker is a german/Prussian name for a noble (usually minor country nobles). So I assume it's a german name originally.

Yeah it is a bit of a surprise, one of the biggest knocks on him in draft profiles etc was that he lacked a bit of pace. Also, someone said he won all the events @ 1st year camp... in the videos it clearly States that Larkey was the most impressive in the same events... could we have a bull****er in our midst??
Well Junker won the arthurs seat hill race on day one and won the run and ride challenge on day three. Day two was the amazing race with lots of novelty challenges as such in which larkey won a few.

Well Junker won the arthurs seat hill race on day one and won the run and ride challenge on day three. Day two was the amazing race with lots of novelty challenges as such in which larkey won a few.
Yeah but those are endurance tests not speed...where did you get the info about the 20m sprint times? Very surprised Dec Mountford didn't get in the top couple, he ran a faster time than JWill in his draft year

Yeah but those are endurance tests not speed...where did you get the info about the 20m sprint times? Very surprised Dec Mountford didn't get in the top couple, he ran a faster time than JWill in his draft year
The sprint times were for 10 metres not 20. They did testing a couple of weeks ago at training and the times were posted at the club. Oscar came third.

The sprint times were for 10 metres not 20. They did testing a couple of weeks ago at training and the times were posted at the club. Oscar came third.

He's certainly making the right first impressions.

Thanks for the reports. It seems as if Oscar was well worth using a second round rookie draft pick on. He has potential and the right attitude so I hope he makes it. At this stage our trade and draft period seems encouraging. All ten won't turn out to be champions but they all seem to have something to offer and I am looking forward to seeing them in action this year. In an optimistic mood heading into the year I have upped our memberships from 11 home games to the 14 game home and away membership

exeter_junk.jpg

All aboard Junkers' ...

...err, forget I said anything.

Last edited:
I reckon in a few years time people will ask, how the hell did Oscar Junker get through to the rookie draft?

Competitive? :whitecheck:
Ball-winning? :whitecheck:
Kick? :whitecheck:
Decision-making? :whitecheck:
Versatility? :whitecheck:
Size? :whitecheck:
Resilience? :whitecheck:
Leadership? :whitecheck:

Enjoy

Agree.

If he had of been able to play in one position across his TAC years at the jets I think he would have went a lot higher in the draft. He got thrown around a lot. This compounded with a few niggles didn't allow him to show his best at TAC level.

What was his loss is now our gain because I personally see a huge amount of upside in him. Especially as a rookie pick

I reckon in a few years time people will ask, how the hell did Oscar Junker get through to the rookie draft?

Competitive? :whitecheck:
Ball-winning? :whitecheck:
Kick? :whitecheck:
Decision-making? :whitecheck:
Versatility? :whitecheck:
Size? :whitecheck:
Resilience? :whitecheck:
Leadership? :whitecheck:

Enjoy

Not slow either. Kept up with Cedric Cox and then ran him down at 0:10 of this video.

No idea how he didn't get a free for that tackle either.

Not slow either. Kept up with Cedric Cox and then ran him down at 0:10 of this video.

No idea how he didn't get a free for that tackle either.

3.03 second 20m sprint at the combine to prove all his doubters wrong.

Any idea which line group the Roos have him training in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back