Past #45: Red Óg Murphy - RIP - Murphy has passed away in Dublin aged 21 (April 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Red is playing this weekend in the VFL and hope to see him playing in the forwards where he is at home. He's been getting some good advice and one on one coaching from a couple of Irish guys in the AFL ... It might take a year but watch this kid for the future
What?! I couldn't understand you.

Can you say that again in Australian please? Or can someone provide sub-titles?

That applies to Tasmania too.
A lot of us that were sent out on the GDP (Genetic Diversification Program) are too scared that if we go back our comrades will think we've defected and take away our passports.... Regardless of the account of diversifying we've encouraged/encountered....

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Animated GIF

A lot of us that were sent out on the GDP (Genetic Diversification Program) are too scared that if we go back our comrades will think we've defected and take away our passports.... Regardless of the account of diversifying we've encouraged/encountered....

Are you trying to justifying lusting after large thighed people again?

As I recall Conor McKenna accelerated his development rapidly after a few months in the twos.

The traitorous Tyrone thug.
Irish players always a slow burn. Not only got to adapt to the game but gotta follow elite living standards in a new country with no support systems in their life but the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irish players always a slow burn. Not only got to adapt to the game but gotta follow elite living standards in a new country with no support systems in their life but the club.
And less potato! Seriously, I was at my best mates Mrs's Mums place in Cork and she apologised for only having Baked, Mashed and Croquette potato on with the roast!!!

Why can we not develop any of the Irish kids. This kid was supposed to be a top junior back in Ireland. It's really disappointing as they add a point of difference with their run and carry, something we could do with.

You would need to question the club as to our poor development with these irish kids.

Why can we not develop any of the Irish kids. This kid was supposed to be a top junior back in Ireland. It's really disappointing as they add a point of difference with their run and carry, something we could do with.

You would need to question the club as to our poor development with these irish kids.

Agreed.

The go home factor is actually pretty high, very few actually go on for long careers, but we seem to do particularly badly.

Was starting to kick goals in the VFL (first time he kicked two was on the weekend) so I think he was developing fine. Not everyone is going to make it moving across the world to try out a new sport. The strike-rate for Irish players exceeding is extremely low. Only four have made it (played more than 50 games) in the last two decades.

What's the league wide hit/miss ratio and what's our ratio? It can't be high league wide. We'll get it right at some point.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back