AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie - Signs on for 2025 - 18/7

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect they will play Cox forward and he will take Weidemans role. I also suspect that the rucks will spend a percentage of time as the third tall forward.
Maybe.

Feels unbalanced to me. I suspect Cox will play elsewhere.

Anyway, we’ll see tonight.

I suspect they will play Cox forward and he will take Weidemans role. I also suspect that the rucks will spend a percentage of time as the third tall forward.
Apparently Gia was on radio saying Cox to play predominantly wing….

Wonder if Durham goes forward? Or maybe Martin goes inside and Hobbs/Caldwell go forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he can develop a side step and some evasiveness over summer that will cause a bit of panic for defenders. Has a lot of tools for the modern AFL player. Left foot snap at the death from the boundary shows he can kick them off both feet. Next year would be nice to see him lose opponents when he has the ball.

Our delivery i50 was poor, didn't give much chance for any of our forwards for the most part despite having a lot of entries.

Menzie just needs to keep playing so long as he's fit at the moment IMO.
It's frustrating to watch constant bombs into the forwardline that aren't to anyone's advantage, or even worse, kicks going directly to opposition defenders. Not sure if it's a forward issue (positioning/leading) or a mid issue (delivery), or both, but surely someone at the club must be able to see this if we can.

I'm starting to think we should change the logo. We shouldn't have the modern jet with laser guided missiles, it should be a pic of a WW1 bi-plane with the pilot dropping the bomb by hand, because that's about how accurate we are with our delivery.

Last edited:
It's frustrating to watch constant bombs into the forwardline that aren't to anyone's advantage, or even worse, kicks going directly to opposition defenders. Not sure if it's a forward issue (positioning/leading) or a mid issue (delivery), or both, but surely someone at the club must be able to see this if we can.

I'm starting to think we should change the logo. We shouldn't have the modern jet with laser guided missiles, it should be a pic of a WW1 bi-plane with the pilot dropping the bomb by hand, because that's about how accurate we are with our delivery.
From being at the game it was far more of a forwards being out numbered, plus midfielders kicking wildly issues, than the forward positioning.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie - Signs on for 2025 - 18/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back