Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

He was so good in 2015 that I hope we, at the very least, transfer him to the rookie list and give him one more opportunity to get his body right.
Yep this.

I know it's not his fault and he does not want this. But we're not a charity and it's time we started getting ruthless with our 'forever injureds'. If someone else snaps them up, so be it.

Yep this.

I know it's not his fault and he does not want this. But we're not a charity and it's time we started getting ruthless with our 'forever injureds'. If someone else snaps them up, so be it.

I don't think our list is strong enough to drop him off the list.

We aren't in a position to flick any capable midfielders yet.

I have mixed emotions about a player who is only good at tagging.
I think id rather have a genuine footballer take his position

Am I the only one who remembers why jacobs got a tagging role?
To get him back in the midfield. Scott rated jacobs that highly that he pushed him to half back prior to the 2014 finals series just to fit him in the team.

He didn't get VFL BOG for his first game back in over a year by tagging

To get him back in the midfield. Scott rated jacobs that highly that he pushed him to half back prior to the 2014 finals series just to fit him in the team.

He didn't get VFL BOG for his first game back in over a year by tagging

He needed AFL simplified to get the pace.

He has more skills than the first steps forward he took.

He gets another year.

If he can't get back he's done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think our list is strong enough to drop him off the list.

We aren't in a position to flick any capable midfielders yet.
Rookie list.

I think Mountford has more potential as the mid with good defensive capabilities.

If we do delist him and no other team picks him up, whichever VFL club manages to claim his signature will have signed probably the best player in the league next season, injuries notwithstanding. If that does happen I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back in the AFL at 28/29 if he gets his body right.

Rookie list.

I think Mountford has more potential as the mid with good defensive capabilities.

This might not be the thread for it, but anyways,

Not sure about Mountfords tagging abilities to be honest. He's been beaten a few times already, probably more then Jacobs has in his career, even though Jacobs had more jobs. Mountford should be alright as a player but I don't trust him as a tagger.

Jacobs completely nullified his opponents.

When I think of Ben I think of that contest on the outer wing back in 2015 in the Sydney final.
He won a loose ball by putting his body on the line and we didn't look back after that.

Then I remember last year after the Essendon game, his last game.
We have been s**t ever since and Swallow, Dumont, Ziebell and Cunners are half the footballers they were because this bloke isn't there to hide their deficiencies.

If anyone wants to post his win-loss record that would be great because I can guarantee it would be exemplary.

Tragic what's happened to him and is still one the most important players on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back