Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

lyUyC9U.gif

ahhhhhh...that's the spot......more please..Bellis

That was a great play but not long after this he had a marking attempt in defensive 50 that was almost worthy of dropping him (and anyone else who did it) he pulled out of it so hard. It led to one of Fyfe’s last two goals if memory serves correctly.

He’s having a good season, I’ve been impressed. But he’s still got flaws and I’d be more than happy to trade him for the right price and back a younger player in.

He missed out on finals but i’d forgotten Kmac was dropped for 3-4 games as well last year.
Had a look, last year Ellis kicked 3-4 the year before 7-4
Last year kmac kicked three against the hawks in the final and 9 for the year.
This year they’ve kicked 5 each.
Gotta feeling thats become more important for em both.
If Ellis can kick 15-20 goals by the end of the year playing like he has this year he’s gonna get offered alot of money

Most here would know I have been strongly in the negative camp for a long time on Ellis. He had a very good game last week though and that wasn't his only hard at it effort from the game. He did make a cringe worthy attempt in the last and one broken tackle though which shouldn't have happened.When that tackle happened I was glad it was him. Of course needs to back it up this week. Hopefully getting inspired by the kids. There's hope for him.

I fear this highlight will be trotted out every time the Brando lovers get their pants in a knot from people identifying his flaws.
In short, will become the replacement for the 'Corey Ellis kicks the ball to Deledio v Freo' clip, which did the rounds for three years as evidence of what a future gun we had on our hands. Alas, it was a solitary highlight.
On Brando, that tackle was so well set up for him, coming from behind. Sideways or in front he wouldn't have laid a glove on him.

I fear this highlight will be trotted out every time the Brando lovers get their pants in a knot from people identifying his flaws.
In short, will become the replacement for the 'Corey Ellis kicks the ball to Deledio v Freo' clip, which did the rounds for three years as evidence of what a future gun we had on our hands. Alas, it was a solitary highlight.
On Brando, that tackle was so well set up for him, coming from behind. Sideways or in front he wouldn't have laid a glove on him.
Yes, likely. Superseding the one off bump in the Cats game. So he has two now. But we want him to have a good season, so I'll take last weeks game as having more positives and hope he builds from here. But he has been frustrating me for years, so FA after a good year would be great.

I can’t remember when Ellis has never been best 22 outside of his form patch last year that saw him miss out on finals and matches during the year, he’s back to the player he’s always been for so long for us again. People forget

Don't think that people forget is the problem, I think that they remember every thing is.:think:;)

Haha, I think the tackle should never have seen the light of day tbh. When you watch it Mundy wasn't as switched as he might have been and probably should have put a block or a shepherd on to Brandy to protect his teammate receiving the ball. Brandy changes direction slightly once he realises the ball is not going to Mundy, but too his credit he followed up as required with our somewhat manic tackling requirements................. It was good tackle all the same, just lucky he wasn't blocked.

Haha, I think the tackle should never have seen the light of day tbh. When you watch it Mundy wasn't as switched as he might have been and probably should have put a block or a shepherd on to Brandy to protect his teammate receiving the ball. Brandy changes direction slightly once he realises the ball is not going to Mundy, but too his credit he followed up as required with our somewhat manic tackling requirements................. It was good tackle all the same, just lucky he wasn't blocked.
Was a cracking tackle, credit where credit is due otherwise you can be accused of bias, not that I am saying you are.

Yeah watching the replay Ellis quickly summed up the situation and made a full flight bee line to make the tackle...good job done!
yes indeed and in a game...... where from memory only one sausage was kicked from outside 50 it was brando banging it over the fence from 55, right when freo were breathing down our necks :thumbsu:

yes indeed and in a game...... where from memory only one sausage was kicked from outside 50 it was brando banging it over the fence from 55, right when freo were breathing down our necks :thumbsu:
Yeah solid kick for goal too...dinky run up at the time i thought...but it sailed true and from a fair distance out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best he’s played for a long time. If it continues we will want to keep him if it doesn’t it then we won’t get much anyway. I reckon he’s odds on to be with us for another two seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree best I’ve seen him play and more than likely has pushed his price > 600k , I don’t reckon he’d be on much more than 400 right now , there will be a lot of interest , runs hard durable player . Blues hawks demons saints I would imagine all interested , worst case r1 compo looming large

Was a cracking tackle, credit where credit is due otherwise you can be accused of bias, not that I am saying you are.
Agree best I’ve seen him play and more than likely has pushed his price > 600k , I don’t reckon he’d be on much more than 400 right now , there will be a lot of interest , runs hard durable player . Blues hawks demons saints I would imagine all interested , worst case r1 compo looming large

SSSsssshhhhh, it's too disrespectful to say that about Brando, apparently, according to one poster who knows who he is.:think::drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back