Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope you are right. And all I have really seen of him to be honest is that prelim he dominated late last season. So from what I've seen he certainly looked like it.

I'd just hate to see everyone have these enormous expectations that he can't live up to, and then everyone turns on him. I've see it happen far too many times, not only with previous and current north players, but also in other sports I follow.

My biggest worry is that he has physically matured earlier than all the other 18 year olds and when the rest catch him he might not be so powerful and explosive. Could potentially mean his physical ceiling isn't that much higher than where he is now.

But while saying that, his skills and aggression alone should hold him in good stead to be a top player regardless of his physical development.
I hear you.

On his stature, in an interview early last year he stated that he really hadn't done much gym work up to that point so from that perspective there seems to be a fair bit of gym based development left in him. He is a solid guy without being buff and has excellent athleticism without necessarily looking like a prime athlete. These natural attributes already allow him to compete against men and a few years in the system will only see him improve these aspects further. Honestly, I don't see him as one where others catch up to him. He's ahead on most measures and has good scope for further development. Sure, the amount of physical development won't be the same as say Miller Bergman's will, or Paul Curtis, because the floor for JHF is naturally much higher, but his ceiling is also much higher.

You can tell moving to Melbourne was the best thing for him, built close lifetime relationships, having run away from footy and making his stance in a young team, something a kid could only ever imagine.

Did Footywizard get done in a game of musical chairs or something?

All in Sunbury have been using ejaculation, erection and um, lubrication metaphors on here for football matters like they were going out of style.

Poor FW does just one and the crowd suddenly go:

too-far-too-far-man.gif

Did Footywizard get done in a game of musical chairs or something?

All in Sunbury have been using ejaculation, erection and um, lubrication metaphors on here for football matters like they were going out of style.

Poor FW does just one and the crowd suddenly go:

too-far-too-far-man.gif
Ken Oath.
It’s non stop all the time.
That was no different to the usual on here - which is all a bit bemusing, but no more so from FW than all the other posts.

In all seriousness are some posters finding ‘he got me hard’ offensive?

We get the context, it’s not strange or weird. You can go back to thousands of posts and find similar things said.

I take it as an endearing comment and nothing more and anyone looking into it further need to ease the fu** up.
I find it worrying tbh taz. JHF is still a boy. The last thing we should be condoning is sexual comments about young boys...makes the North board come off like epstein island. Imagine if his mother was reading these comments...i could imagine the headlines...

JHF mother requests North trade her son to Adelaide due to sexual misconduct on North blog.

this board may never recover from the backlash and it's something North and our other members would have to deal with too.

I find it worrying tbh taz. JHF is still a boy. The last thing we should be condoning is sexual comments about young boys...makes the North board come off like epstein island. Imagine if his mother was reading these comments...i could imagine the headlines...

JHF mother requests North trade her son to Adelaide due to sexual misconduct on North blog.

this board may never recover from the backlash and it's something North and our other members would have to deal with too.
Dear Jason’s Mother,

While we do find him extremely attractive and post our deepest desires, you will find our love may be pure

We only want what’s best for him and will only requite our love by posting content with sexual remarks on the internet… and maybe play his videos too much… I promise, that may be as creepy as it gets… we will restrict Uber Roo to only parking between jobs outside his residence on weekends and when he is otherwise socially engaged

Regards

The North Bigfooty Board

PS… the distinctly overly sexual remakes made by Kangaroos techno are not the view of all of us, some of us just want to cuddle him

Last edited:
Dear Jason’s Mother,

While we do find him extremely attractive and post our deepest desires, you will find our love may be pure

We only want what’s best for him and will only requite our love by posting content with sexual remarks on the internet… and maybe play his videos too much… I promise, that may be as creepy as it gets… we will restrict Uber Roo to only parking between jobs outside his residence of weekends and when he is otherwise socially engaged

Regards

The North Bigfooty Board

PS… the distinctly overly sexual remakes made by Kangaroos techno are not the view of all of us, some of us just want to cuddle him
standing ovation clap GIF

Gunna pose something that might be a silly question but I'm bored so I'll do it anyway.

With Kingy's tweet that he was dominant getting picked up by a heap of media, Nick Larkey saying that he looks like a weapon, and then CCJ telling Dwayne-o that he probably had 30 touches in 20 minutes of match sim, and we're still not even at the first practice match yet, does there ever come a point when the hype becomes too much or is the more (and the subsequent effect on membership and tickets) the better?

Gunna pose something that might be a silly question but I'm bored so I'll do it anyway.

With Kingy's tweet that he was dominant getting picked up by a heap of media, Nick Larkey saying that he looks like a weapon, and then CCJ telling Dwayne-o that he probably had 30 touches in 20 minutes of match sim, and we're still not even at the first practice match yet, does there ever come a point when the hype becomes too much or is the more (and the subsequent effect on membership and tickets) the better?
As long as it doesn’t get to JHF internally and affect his performances. Externally, those high expectations were always going to be there. Dacios is probably coping it even more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not hype if it's reporting of fact.

CCJ overexaggerated, but he did probably have 15-20 in that limited game time.

What are they meant to say?

It's not hype if it's reporting of fact.

CCJ overexaggerated, but he did probably have 15-20 in that limited game time.

What are they meant to say?
I'd say that something can be fact and still build ridiculous amounts of hype.

I think my instinct is similar to Kangaroos4eva in that as long as it doesn't get to him it's fine, but I thought it was worth asking the question.

I'm of the view, that if he's good enough & mentally strong enough to become a champion, it won't effect him.

Stars of the competition always have hype (albeit during their careers, generally only prior when they're high picks) & it's something the need to learn to manage throughout their careers.

The real champions can handle it - Duck, Bont, Dusty etc. etc.

I'd say that something can be fact and still build ridiculous amounts of hype.

I think my instinct is similar to Kangaroos4eva in that as long as it doesn't get to him it's fine, but I thought it was worth asking the question.

Im not really bothered by it.

The media will be up his wazoo with every daily talk show if he's half as good as he was Friday.

Comes with the territory and it's at least for a good reason.

We've complained for years our players don't get the same media coverage and hype as other clubs, I'm not going to complain when we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back