Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JENKINS WARNS AGAINST VFL RETURN FOR “DISGRUNTLED” NORTH YOUNG GUN​

BY ETHAN CLARK AN HOUR AGO
06NMGe22MW1194.jpg

Former Adelaide forward Josh Jenkins has warned North Melbourne against bringing Jason Horne-Francis back through the VFL if they want to retain his services beyond 2022.

ADVERTISING

The 19-year-old was suspended for two matches for striking GWS' Josh Kelly in Round 13, an act that typified the frustrating year he and his side have endured.

With the youngster free to return next weekend, it has been raised that it may be through the VFL for Horne-Francis, a decision that would leave Jenkins baffled.
“Some will query with decisions like that you may as well just drop him off at the departure lounge at Virgin and send him on his way,” Jenkins said on SEN's Crunch Time.
“Has there ever been this much noise about a first-year number one draft pick moving this quickly?
“From the outside, it looks like North want to change his attitude, behaviour and some of the way he trains and the way he conducts himself with older experienced teammates.”
The 149-game forward believes the decision to drop the number one draft pick would only add to the list of reasons that seem to be piling up for the youngster to leave the Roos.
“Horne-Francis’ view is, ‘What is this mess? They picked me, I didn’t pick them, I can go home, they desperately want me, Adelaide has shown signs that their rebuild is more advanced than North Melbourne’s and Port Adelaide have been in the mix and are still fighting’,” he said.
“There's an attractive lure on multiple fronts for Horne-Francis to go home.
“If he is disgruntled, playing him in the VFL is not going to help.
“The reality is he’s probably their sixth or seventh player picked, there is a heap of guys who have performed to a lesser standard than he has.
“You just open yourself up to a lot of stuff on the periphery. Handle the issues with him from Monday to Friday and allow the kid to continue to play AFL footy. Playing him at 11 am at Arden Street on a Saturday morning’s just going to make him more upset.”
Both North Melbourne’s senior and VFL sides will face Collingwood next round at the MCG and AIA Centre respectively – which ground Horne-Francis will appear at is yet to be seen.
Noble shouldn’t be sacked - should be demoted to the vfl ffs

JENKINS WARNS AGAINST VFL RETURN FOR “DISGRUNTLED” NORTH YOUNG GUN​

BY ETHAN CLARK AN HOUR AGO
06NMGe22MW1194.jpg

Former Adelaide forward Josh Jenkins has warned North Melbourne against bringing Jason Horne-Francis back through the VFL if they want to retain his services beyond 2022.

ADVERTISING

The 19-year-old was suspended for two matches for striking GWS' Josh Kelly in Round 13, an act that typified the frustrating year he and his side have endured.

With the youngster free to return next weekend, it has been raised that it may be through the VFL for Horne-Francis, a decision that would leave Jenkins baffled.
“Some will query with decisions like that you may as well just drop him off at the departure lounge at Virgin and send him on his way,” Jenkins said on SEN's Crunch Time.
“Has there ever been this much noise about a first-year number one draft pick moving this quickly?
“From the outside, it looks like North want to change his attitude, behaviour and some of the way he trains and the way he conducts himself with older experienced teammates.”
The 149-game forward believes the decision to drop the number one draft pick would only add to the list of reasons that seem to be piling up for the youngster to leave the Roos.
“Horne-Francis’ view is, ‘What is this mess? They picked me, I didn’t pick them, I can go home, they desperately want me, Adelaide has shown signs that their rebuild is more advanced than North Melbourne’s and Port Adelaide have been in the mix and are still fighting’,” he said.
“There's an attractive lure on multiple fronts for Horne-Francis to go home.
“If he is disgruntled, playing him in the VFL is not going to help.
“The reality is he’s probably their sixth or seventh player picked, there is a heap of guys who have performed to a lesser standard than he has.
“You just open yourself up to a lot of stuff on the periphery. Handle the issues with him from Monday to Friday and allow the kid to continue to play AFL footy. Playing him at 11 am at Arden Street on a Saturday morning’s just going to make him more upset.”
Both North Melbourne’s senior and VFL sides will face Collingwood next round at the MCG and AIA Centre respectively – which ground Horne-Francis will appear at is yet to be seen.
I've never cared about the opinion of Josh Jenkins and I don't think I'll start now.

Anyone that has had any thing to do with SA is throbbing for Jase to go back to SA. It’s gross.
Adelaide in particular has lost a lot of talent going home the other way, can’t really blame them.

I hope the VFL thought bubble goes no further, he’s had a nice break and there’s no reason not to put him back in the seniors immediately.

We lose Hall and Turner, the team was unquestionably insipid and we have our great white hope no doubt itching to get out there and be (hopefully appropriately) aggressive.... and the coach blows his lines. Give me a spell Nobes.

Play him in the seniors so that he can show the AFL world that he is so much better than that seagull that plays for them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did we really room him with CCJ, someone pi55ed off with the club already? Makes zero sense.

Depends on how many rumour mills you want to jump on board.

They were put together when JHF moved to Melbourne - he now lives with Paul Curtis.

So the real problem here is if you think we traded in a CCJ pissed off with the club already.

Did we really room him with CCJ, someone pi55ed off with the club already? Makes zero sense.
Well on the basis that CCJ had literally just signed a contract to join the club (so presumably was quite bullish about the club and its prospects) at the time the decision was made to share a place, and is from SA like Jason; it makes absolute sense.

Depends on how many rumour mills you want to jump on board.

They were put together when JHF moved to Melbourne - he now lives with Paul Curtis.

So the real problem here is if you think we traded in a CCJ pissed off with the club already.
Thanks for the clarification.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was just talking after a massive belting. I wouldn’t put too much stock in him saying he could come back through the VFL, for all we know he was probably just trying not to lose it. Couldn’t imagine facing the press after a loss like that the week Walsh turns up to review the club would be easy. Did well not to go nuts. Better man than me that’s for sure.

Well on the basis that CCJ had literally just signed a contract to join the club (so presumably was quite bullish about the club and its prospects) at the time the decision was made to share a place, and is from SA like Jason; it makes absolute sense.

Does it?

You have a kid and you’re choosing someone to baby sit.

Neighbour A: you’ve known for years, you share similar values, they’ve been part of your life for ages. You can vouch for them.

Neighbour B: just moved next door. You don’t know much about him other than he just walked out on his former roommate and has had big controversy when he broke his former roommates house rules (went to the strippers and got into a fight).

Who is looking after your kid?

My opinion is that moving in with CCJ made a degree of sense. Moving in with a leader or a foster family would have been better but w/e maybe he wanted that bachelor lifestyle and at least it's a bloke that's been in the system for years and who he has a decent amount in common with.

Finding out about the food issues and whatnot that went unchecked though... Man that's a gutpunch and something that should never have happened. Can't be letting a first year player be "surviving" off of uber eats. It's not just the lack of nutrition but the discipline that comes with sticking to an elite sportsman's diet. An absolute own goal by the welfare/development side of the club that has made me seriously wonder about what else they're missing or screwing up.

Does it?

You have a kid and you’re choosing someone to baby sit.

Neighbour A: you’ve known for years, you share similar values, they’ve been part of your life for ages. You can vouch for them.

Neighbour B: just moved next door. You don’t know much about him other than he just walked out on his former roommate and has had big controversy when he broke his former roommates house rules (went to the strippers and got into a fight).

Who is looking after your kid?
Nekminut, CCJ and JHF earn platinum membership at the Golden Rhino Club out behind Tender Touch to go along with their KFC-VIP finger likin' chicken app upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back