Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we all forgetting that his legs are made of crepe paper? A bad wind makes him tear a muscle.

Not having a go at him, he's been one unlucky bastard, but without knowing what's actually going on behind the scenes I have some incredibly strong doubts as to whether he will ever crank out another injury free season, let alone consecutive ones.

Great to see him back, at least has a chance to stake his claim on field.

I'd give him another year if he gets through. One touch players are underrated and I'm not sure we've got many of those at the moment. Curtis, TG, CZ and TT would cause some serious headaches if allowed to play in the same forward line.

Great to see him back, at least has a chance to stake his claim on field.

I'd give him another year if he gets through. One touch players are underrated and I'm not sure we've got many of those at the moment. Curtis, TG, CZ and TT would cause some serious headaches if allowed to play in the same forward line.
He’s been incredibly unlucky, but also made some pretty stupid decisions re looking after himself. If he could somehow turn it around he’s worth keeping......dont have much faith in his body though, plus they way he plays is super reckless and that ain’t changing.

The club knows his talent.
This guy was taking hangers on ruckmens heads at Rowville and dobbing them from 45 on the snap for shits and gigs, but his body just won’t allow him to do it at AFL level.

He would be our version of Dusty and Danger but the soft tissue injuries won’t alllow him to get anywhere near it.
The hanger he took in Perth was the norm not the exception.
Watch when he retires he’ll tear up the EFL something silly.

Last edited:
A player who has a fair dinkum crack, far better than some we tolerate who have a fair bit of timidity about them. No comparison, go Taylor Garner!

Yes. That is EXACTLY my point.

Then we would have all our athletes having health problems in their later life.

What part are you not understanding?
The part that athletes having health problems later in life.
Anyway I'm not getting into a moral debate on this issue.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

FFS give him some HGH.
Players should be allowed to take recovery enhancing drugs.

HGH facilitates more muscle growth, I don't think it necessarily overcomes biomechanical or muscular-skeleton issues that lead to repetitive hamstring strains.

Do you remember how half the scum list broke down with muscle tears half way through 2013 after being on top of the ladder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HGH facilitates more muscle growth, I don't think it necessarily overcomes biomechanical or muscular-skeleton issues that lead to repetitive hamstring strains.

Do you remember how half the scum list broke down with muscle tears half way through 2013 after being on top of the ladder?
The scum were taking peptides which are proteins that stimulate the pituitary glands to create higher levels of HGH.

Synthetic HGH automatically tops up the bodies natural hormone directly.

"There is scientific evidence not only for the shortening of recovery times after surgery with HGH, but also that the use of HGH can make substantial improvements in diminishing muscle mass loss, enhancing wound healing, and lessening time in intensive care and rehabilitation.2"

This is a can of worms debate I don't want to get into.
It works for athletes in recovery, who have been using it for decades.

When people talk about health effects, I like it to alcohol, just because you drink alcohol it doesn't mean you'll develop cirrhosis. But sure you drink too much and you may.

The scum were taking peptides which are proteins that stimulate the pituitary glands to create higher levels of HGH.

Synthetic HGH automatically tops up the bodies natural hormone directly.

"There is scientific evidence not only for the shortening of recovery times after surgery with HGH, but also that the use of HGH can make substantial improvements in diminishing muscle mass loss, enhancing wound healing, and lessening time in intensive care and rehabilitation.2"

This is a can of worms debate I don't want to get into.
It works for athletes in recovery, who have been using it for decades.

When people talk about health effects, I like it to alcohol, just because you drink alcohol it doesn't mean you'll develop cirrhosis. But sure you drink too much and you may.

My take is that the scum were utilising peptides that they believe were off the banned list, but still facilitated weaker HGH responses, which were monitored for serum levels by ongoing blood analysis.

They were basically attempting to artificially raise testosterone and growth hormone to threshold levels via analogues that were not yet identified on the WADA banned substances list.

See mate, it's one thing to add muscle and bone growth via supplementation, but it's another to get that added muscle to maintain integrity under load strain. Test and GH supplementation advantage is a long term project.

My take is that the scum were utilising peptides that they believe were off the banned list, but still facilitated weaker HGH responses, which were monitored for serum levels by ongoing blood analysis.

They were basically attempting to artificially raise testosterone and growth hormone to threshold levels via analogues that were not yet identified on the WADA banned substances list.

See mate, it's one thing to add muscle and bone growth via supplementation, but it's another to get that added muscle to maintain integrity under load strain.
That's 100% spot on.
To be honest they had a strong case because there are so many different peptides and not all of them hit the AFLs banned list.
Sad to say.

I guess the point is, anyone of you could Google sports science and anti aging clinics , do a blood test, a 5 min Skype interview and get any hormone or peptide delivered to your door legally.

And that, in the case of Garner, I believe (yes it's radical) he should be able to access to any sports science medicine that would help him play footy.
A wasted career.

This is more a moral argument, more then anything else.

Lots of Johnny citizens would happily prove how "dangerous" and irresponsible my position is.

But as a society we are happy to willy nilly prescribe hormones at dangerous levels to trans teens

This is more a moral argument, more then anything else.

Lots of Johnny citizens would happily prove how "dangerous" and irresponsible my position is.

It's actually not with the correct medical oversight, and your view has a very worthy moral premise.

The flip-side to your view is.............how would David Trotter have turned out if he could have taken HGH?

....or any other injury plagued or overlooked player?

It doesn't just apply to established AFL players, and of course, the more prevelant it's use, the more likely it will be abused, and abusing these compounds can have devastating outcomes.

Testosterone, for example, is super nutrient for tumors. NEVER take it without medical oversight.

The club knows his talent.
This guy was taking hangers on ruckmens heads at Roseville and dobbing them from 45 on the snap for shits and gigs, but his body just won’t allow him to do it at AFL level.

He would be our version of Dusty and Danger but the soft tissue injuries won’t alllow him to get anywhere near it.
The hanger he took in Perth was the norm not the exception.
Watch when he retires he’ll tear up the EFL something silly.

Excuse the correction but was that meant to be Rowville ?
I’m from the area and saw Roseville and thought he only played around here.

Absolute gun too Taylor. That Rowville junior team had some good players, Patton, Crozier, Garner and a few others that went close.

The flip-side to your view is.............how would David Trotter have turned out if he could have taken HGH?

....or any other injury plagued or overlooked player?

It doesn't just apply to established AFL players, and of course, the more prevelant it's use, the more likely it will be abused, and abusing these compounds can have devastating outcomes.

Testosterone, for example, is super nutrient for tumors. NEVER take it without medical oversight.
Very responsible message

Very responsible message

It's the truth.

I'm not stating to anyone that they shouldn't take testosterone, just that they should have a full physical examination and blood profiling conducted before use, then monthly blood analysis during use for monitoring.

Ultimately too much testo, or prolonged overuse will have a deleterious effect, as one of my peers identified the correlation between testosterone and thymic export (T cell proliferation --> lowering of immune function) in his ground breaking research work.

HGH is a lot safer, but it's also like comparing a pit bull to a grizzly bear (testo).

It's the truth.

I'm not stating to anyone that they shouldn't take testosterone, just that they should have a full physical examination and blood profiling conducted before use, then monthly blood analysis during use for monitoring.

Ultimately too much testo, or prolonged overuse will have a deleterious effect, as one of my peers identified the correlation between testosterone and thymic export (T cell proliferation --> lowering of immune function) in his ground breaking research work.

HGH is a lot safer, but it's also like comparing a pit bull to a grizzly bear (testo).
How do you think that research will impact the gender reassignment industry?
In particular F2M tans ?

Good luck today Taylor. Feel like today is massively important for him. His body has to hold up and he, more or less, has to hit the ground running. Unlike Mason, Garner has never underperformed. It’s only been injuries that messed him up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do you think that research will impact the gender reassignment industry?
In particular F2M tans ?

The testo-thymic export research?

There are complex psychological factors to take in to consideration with gender reassignment, and I'd rather not go there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back