Past Matthew Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Had some very good mail earlier this morning that he's got a bad meniscal tear. Didn't share it publicly out of respect to my source, but it's now being reported in the media...

s**t news, but shows the character of the man to come back on to the ground and kick the winning goal.
Get ****ed :mad:

Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer, the hero of the Blues' fourth successive win at the weekend, will have knee surgery and miss up to a month.

Kreuzer damaged his meniscus in the first half on Sunday but played on in pain after doctors told him he would not do more damage to the knee.

Another knee injury ??

This is a concern especially given that he is starting to play some solid consistent footy.

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

Get well soon Kreuze.

He is only a few weeks away. Can you elevate at any point of an 8 week injury or is it 8 weeks from when you elevate? If the latter, we probably should have elevated someone earlier.
From the EBA...

1. "For the period a Player remains on the Long Term Injury List of an AFL Club, that AFL Club may apply to the AFL General Counsel for permission to temporarily promote a Rookie to its Primary List and subject to item 4(g) of Schedule C, any payments made to the Rookie for the period that the Rookie remains on the Primary List as a replacement for a Player on the Long Term Injury List, shall be excluded from the Total Player Payments of the AFL Club. "

Implies doesn't matter when.

All last year I was telling people that we couldnt let Kreuzer walk as a free agent... but too many people were seeing picks 1 and 2 on the table and were getting greedy.

I tell you this for nothing. What Kreuzer did yesterday will be a lesson for the kids coming through. Never give up... keep going no matter how badly it hurts and get the win.

Never say die.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was gutted to read about his injury but doesn't surprise me at all that he came back on and played through it.

He and Cripps (will be interesting to see how he ends up) both pushed through on one leg essentially and had vital impact on the game. Tough bastards with huge hearts, the both of them.

Just watching the replay it was actually Rowe who created the issue.

Not to pot Rowe, these thing happen, but Kreuzer had the sit in a marking contest against Krakoeur, and rather than protect his player Rowe chose to fly against him. It was just dumb football.

He had perfect position to shield Kreuzer. If he made the right decision Kreuzer is lining up this week. Game of inches.

Does anybody know if it is the medial or lateral meniscus? Hoping it is the lateral.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Anyone notice how Kreuz was slung to the ground twice against the Cats, both times resulting in a 50m penalty? Could it be that the gentle giant is finally starting to throw his weight around and antagonize a few opposition players? Bolton has unlocked the inner 'Rex Hunt' in him and we are reaping the rewards!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back