Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [Herald Sun] LDU has parked contract talks with the club & is expected to command offers of more than $1m a season

Remove this Banner Ad

Says a lot about him that despite being one of our senior players and (supposedly) most talented players, his team-mates have never voted him into the leadership group.

Can’t understand why people would be happy to lose him.
He has value. We are not in a position to hold onto a valuable asset if either the club or the player can’t get the best out of him. Sell while teams are still interested.

We cannot be playing players -however talented - who don’t give a sh*t enough to get the best out of themselves.

Surely no one can begrudge NM recieving an early PP this year. Roosy, as much as he stole a wage from NM a couple of years ago, was spot on. Melbourne, in its second year under him, won 7 games. NM might beat Richmond but that game isn't until about round 21, and its not a guarantee! This is the worst period that I have seen the club in my lifetime and I've been alive to see all four flags.

Rowell also isnt tasked with being his team's primary offensive threat and can pretty much focus entirely on the defensive stuff
Yeh but he is just explosive in a stoppage. His game is rounded and more highly regarded than LDU for a reason.

Luke is the biggest plodder defensively - then on nights like tonight tries to 720 in a box instead of giving the first give and cooks it HTB more often than not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh but he is just explosive in a stoppage. His game is rounded and more highly regarded than LDU for a reason.

Luke is the biggest plodder defensively - then on nights like tonight tries to 720 in a box instead of giving the first give and cooks it HTB more often than not
Yep absolute liability defensively, not for lack of trying though.

It'd be fascinating to get some perspective on him from Geelong or Sydney. How do the consistently good clubs rate him?

St Kilda will throw a million at him. That's what they do. They're us from 2017.

I'm not ragging on him, it's a genuine question.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Surely no one can begrudge NM recieving an early PP this year. Roosy, as much as he stole a wage from NM a couple of years ago, was spot on. Melbourne, in its second year under him, won 7 games. NM might beat Richmond but that game isn't until about round 21, and its not a guarantee! This is the worst period that I have seen the club in my lifetime and I've been alive to see all four flags.

Not directed at you, but for the 100,000th time, we have already used our priority picks for this year.

We are not getting any more.

Rowell wouldn't last five games playing LDU's role in this side. It's not comparable. He's a very good player but he can also play a specific role because of who is around him. Who does LDU have taking the midfield load off him?

Bailey Scott should teach him how to kick

Please give it a rest. If you think LDU is one of the top 99 issues at this football club you are delusional.

He leaves, we go from a 18th ranked midfield to a mid table VFL midfield.
Not just that, either. It will green light any talent that gets sick of losing to heck off.

Be careful what you wish for.

Wardlaw already looks sunk. Plays his heart out but looks absolutely sunk.

People are dreaming if they think a 21-22 year old will stay loyal to this s**t show when players in their 7-8th seasons are leaving as nothings getting better.

Feeder club by 2026.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not just that, either. It will green light any talent that gets sick of losing to * off.

Be careful what you wish for.

Wardlaw already looks sunk. Plays his heart out but looks absolutely sunk.

People are dreaming if they think a 21-22 year old will stay loyal to this s**t show when players in their 7-8th seasons are leaving as nothings getting better.

Feeder club by 2026.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nothing will change until we have a core group of players that want to change it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Says a lot about him that despite being one of our senior players and (supposedly) most talented players, his team-mates have never voted him into the leadership group.
Are you suggesting that because you are an excellent player that you should go straight into your clubs leadership group ?

Some AFL players ( and I know this for a fact ) no matter how talented they were just didn’t want to be part of the leadership group , it’s just not who they are .

He has value. We are not in a position to hold onto a valuable asset if either the club or the player can’t get the best out of him. Sell while teams are still interested.

We cannot be playing players -however talented - who don’t give a sh*t enough to get the best out of themselves.
I think it's a completely wrong the people claim LDU doesn't give a s**t and will cherry pick a few moments in the game to justify it. He's been working through a lot of physical attention at stoppages and is certainly not playing the best football of his career.

He's had some really poor moments at times that people have come for him with the knives out. Despite all that he still leads the club in pressure acts per game and defensive half pressure acts per game, doesn't really align with the narrative he doesn't give a s**t.

We can't afford to lose LDU, we need quality senior players in the 26+ bracket as that's clearly been one our biggest issues in why we have found ourselves in this situation in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back