Prediction A 2017 Finish

Remove this Banner Ad

NMFC are going to finish 2017 with me and mine having attended as many games in Melbourne as possible.

On the ladder 5-8; we are no where near as bad as people are making out.

And if we are that bad, well * em all I say; I will still be there enjoying the footy with no expectations.

Last. Our first pick will be relegated to 6th as to allow GC17 and GWS to pick up some kid from Colac which is now in the GWS "zone". We will then move to Hobart and be known as the southboners.

The real question is -

If we come out playing like we did for the last half of this season, how long does Bard last?

It almost felt like he had lost the team. There was nil passion and zero belief throughout the whole group.

Will be interesting to watch and i feel the heat will be on Scotts from the get go.

It did look like that. But how do you lose a team from 9-0?

In terms of intensity I reckon the wind went out of our sails after the Hawthorn match. Brad made the umpire gaffe and it all unravelled from there.

It did look like that. But how do you lose a team from 9-0?

In terms of intensity I reckon the wind went out of our sails after the Hawthorn match. Brad made the umpire gaffe and it all unravelled from there.

Something catastrophic occurred after the Hawks game- that we know for sure. The team and club pretty much fell apart.

As someone desperately trying to cling to some reason that our 2016 season became s**t, while not accepting "we were never that good" as the reason that we could go from beating Adelaide to not being competitive against them, the following graph I made gives me a bit of comfort for 2017.

hhXlt0D.png

Pretty cool graph, huh! While I'll tell you now that it was made using a three point average (this means that each number on the horizontal axis is two less than the game it represents e.g point 11 is our 13th game, point 1 is round 3 and point 21 is the EF), I'll give the more bored readers a bit of time to guess what this is a graph of.

Your first thought of what this is a graph of might be that I somehow found a way to quantify the differential of happy vs unhappy members, as the three peaks (The opening point, which is the only point that factors in the win against Adelaide, Rd 5 vs the Dogs and Rd 11 vs the Tiges) and that tremendous valley (Rd 17 vs Port), pretty much fall in line with the general opinion of our season. My first thought when I saw the graph was "yep, that's pretty much how our season went", so the stat must be pretty important, no?

Anyway the stat is tackle differential (e.g If if we have 70 tackles and they have 80 tackles, the tackle differential is -10). If you remember, we used to be pretty good at this sort of stuff, but then all of a sudden we weren't. Players either got injured, stopped caring or, in some cases, both. Keep in mind though, just like every other stat, this stat is meaningless, but, just like every other stat, it's pretty interesting. Especially when the club has made an effort to ditch those who don't like to, or who no longer can, provide decent pressure.

In 2015, the Bulldogs went into the season without Griffin, Liberatore, Higgins, Giansiracusa and Cooney, yet by bringing in an accountable team game plan, they were able to make the finals. We're going into 2017 without Harvey, Petrie, Wells, Dal Santo and Firrito, which one could and should argue is a worse list than the Dog's outs. We still have a ton of good players on our list, the only concern I have is that we don't have the belief, because if we really want to, I think we can make finals next year playing the style of football that had us on top of the footballing world in round 9.

As someone desperately trying to cling to some reason that our 2016 season became s**t, while not accepting "we were never that good" as the reason that we could go from beating Adelaide to not being competitive against them, the following graph I made gives me a bit of comfort for 2017.

hhXlt0D.png

Pretty cool graph, huh! While I'll tell you now that it was made using a three point average (this means that each number on the horizontal axis is two less than the game it represents e.g point 11 is our 13th game, point 1 is round 3 and point 21 is the EF), I'll give the more bored readers a bit of time to guess what this is a graph of.

Your first thought of what this is a graph of might be that I somehow found a way to quantify the differential of happy vs unhappy members, as the three peaks (The opening point, which is the only point that factors in the win against Adelaide, Rd 5 vs the Dogs and Rd 11 vs the Tiges) and that tremendous valley (Rd 17 vs Port), pretty much fall in line with the general opinion of our season. My first thought when I saw the graph was "yep, that's pretty much how our season went", so the stat must be pretty important, no?

Anyway the stat is tackle differential (e.g If if we have 70 tackles and they have 80 tackles, the tackle differential is -10). If you remember, we used to be pretty good at this sort of stuff, but then all of a sudden we weren't. Players either got injured, stopped caring or, in some cases, both. Keep in mind though, just like every other stat, this stat is meaningless, but, just like every other stat, it's pretty interesting. Especially when the club has made an effort to ditch those who don't like to, or who no longer can, provide decent pressure.

In 2015, the Bulldogs went into the season without Griffin, Liberatore, Higgins, Giansiracusa and Cooney, yet by bringing in an accountable team game plan, they were able to make the finals. We're going into 2017 without Harvey, Petrie, Wells, Dal Santo and Firrito, which one could and should argue is a worse list than the Dog's outs. We still have a ton of good players on our list, the only concern I have is that we don't have the belief, because if we really want to, I think we can make finals next year playing the style of football that had us on top of the footballing world in round 9.

Fascinating.

F*** it. I'm on us for first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fascinating.

F*** it. I'm on us for first.

I was thinking we could do an Adelaide '97 & '98.

Remember when Blighty came in, he got rid fan faves McDermott, McGuiness & AJars.

We were expected to go on with it and form a dynasty with the best two players in the game (Duck and Corey), but alas they were both injured in round 1 and we didn't recover.

Funnier things have happened.

All we need is Durdin, Clarke, Vickers-Willis, Mountford and Hibberd + a few draft picks to go nuts and we are thereabouts.

Something catastrophic occurred after the Hawks game- that we know for sure. The team and club pretty much fell apart.

Tinfoil hat and all that...

Something definitely did happen in that game. They shut up shop, and Scott dropped the bomb at his post match presser. He must have known what that would look like if it had no substance. What was said in the rooms before that press conference I wonder?

Then the club wilted on it. All a misunderstanding.

And from that point on, no heart in north Melbourne, except for the boomer record game.

Keep calm. Nothing to see here folks.

I was thinking we could do an Adelaide '97 & '98.

Remember when Blighty came in, he got rid fan faves McDermott, McGuiness & AJars.

We were expected to go on with it and form a dynasty with the best two players in the game (Duck and Corey), but alas they were both injured in round 1 and we didn't recover.

Funnier things have happened.

All we need is Durdin, Clarke, Vickers-Willis, Mountford and Hibberd + a few draft picks to go nuts and we are thereabouts.
Not under the coaching of BS as BS will be BS and make up some sort BS excuse not to play them.
Then our left over players will go down to Loserville opps Weribbee with Loser Lamont and the rest of the crap down there and watch our players go backwards even further.
This Is NOW a 7 rebuild of our club so come 2023 we can hopefully hold up our 5th premiership cup.
NO MORE MONEY BALLING.

Not under the coaching of BS as BS will be BS and make up some sort BS excuse not to play them.
Then our left over players will go down to Loserville opps Weribbee with Loser Lamont and the rest of the crap down there and watch our players go backwards even further.
This Is NOW a 7 rebuild of our club so come 2023 we can hopefully hold up our 5th premiership cup.
NO MORE MONEY BALLING.

What the bloody hell are you on about mate?

The rot is not Brad Scott, it was the selfish senior ass clowns who were undermining him, injuries and just poor luck intra game.

Long Kick champion Drew Petrie who refused to take shots from 50m's out.
Dal Santo who could reuse the same jumper game after game as it would never have a scuff on it.
Boomer who refused to tackle and had lost his finishing skills by the end.
And Spud, who escapes any criticism from me because at least he was a tough campaigner.

We didn't money ball (we didn't spend any ******* picks on anyone, we used cap space that we had to otherwise we'd have barely been above the minimum requirement), we have more than enough kids, we just need some luck with injury and continuity with the kids.

Hibberd, Durdin, Vickers-Willis will make you smile again North Man, get around us, there has never been a better time to be a North supporter.

We don't need to ******* rebuild, we have been rebuilding for 7 years and have 5-7 unbelievably talented kids due to come on board over the next 3 years where finally, the AFL wheel turns and it's our turn to cash in.

Finish Between 10-13th, Coach to get the sack in about round 15 ( when its to late) by that time we will be 5 wins - 9 losses, ( including bye) finishing 2017 8 wins 14 losses. With a drop in membership. 2004/2006/2010 all over again. Then a massive clean out, coach , gone ( New coach, maybe Ratten, Bomber Thompson?) new refreshed list for 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine, it started with Goldy getting injured in the Swans game. Then the debacle of Swallow, Cunnington, Nahas and Dal Santo all going down in the first Quarter against Cats. It was then compounded by losing a close one to Hawks with an undermanned team and losing Lukey into the bargain. We then had to travel to Adelaide with a very undermanned team and fought it out. Then a bye followed by Perth. Waite gone at this stage. Wheels were falling of....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back