crowie

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
N. Forest, NY Mets
After reading the story in "The Advertiser 03aug2004 - Crows keep Wallace in their sights" there is one quote from Terry Wallace that I find very disturbing where he says,

"A couple of years ago I would have been prepared to go to Sydney. It's more so they (the Crows) have an interim coach in place who seems to have the support of the whole Adelaide public."

I beleive there are only two ways Terry Wallace could have come to this conclusion,

1. The reaction to Neil Craig during and after the Melbourne game and

2. The pro Craig stance that has been taken by the Adelaide media, especially from Mr Rucci and The Advertiser.

My challenge to Mr Rucci and The Advertiser is to conduct a Phone Poll asking, "Who would you prefer to coach the Adelaide Crows from 2005?" with the main candidates as the choices,

1. Neil Craig
2. Terry Wallace
3. Rodney Eade
4. Gary O'Donnell
5. Mark Harvey

This in my opinion would be able to help the AFC find the best possible candidate for the job and help The Advertiser and Mr Rucci gain a little more credibility with the Adelaide supporters. This would also give a good indication on who we (the supporters) want to lead our club beyond this season, after all we are the ones that fill the seats.

If Wallace is not looking at Adelaide seriously because he believes Crow supporters don't want him, maybe we should do something about that?

Another challenge to Mr Rucci and the Advertiser - publish a feature article on the main candidates for the job, discussing their backgrounds, strengths and weaknesses. If, that is, there is anyone on the Advertiser's staff who is capable of
1. Discussing Neil Craig's weaknesses
2. Discussing the strengths of anyone other then Neil Craig
3. Discussing in any knowledgeable and unbiased fashion the qualities of any prospective coach - as opposed to just repeating rumours from other media outlets.

Originally posted by arrowman
Another challenge to Mr Rucci and the Advertiser - publish a feature article on the main candidates for the job, discussing their backgrounds, strengths and weaknesses. If, that is, there is anyone on the Advertiser's staff who is capable of
1. Discussing Neil Craig's weaknesses
2. Discussing the strengths of anyone other then Neil Craig
3. Discussing in any knowledgeable and unbiased fashion the qualities of any prospective coach - as opposed to just repeating rumours from other media outlets.

If he had any professionalism, he would have already done this of his own volition.

It's not too late though, Michaelangelo. it's the only way you can regain ANY credibility at all.

A fair, unbiased article discussing the attributes etc of the various candidates as suggested above.

And another challenge.

I dare the Advertiser to conduct a street poll in the city asking passers-by as their choice of AFC coach out of:

Wallace
Eade
Craig
O'Donnell

and to publish those results.

Terry Wallace and all other candidates might then realize that the maximun public support for Craig lies between 5 and 10% - barely an overwhelming majority??

Do you have the honesty of character to do these 2 things Michaelangelo?

Originally posted by macca23
If he had any professionalism, he would have already done this of his own volition.

It's not too late though, Michaelangelo. it's the only way you can regain ANY credibility at all.

A fair, unbiased article discussing the attributes etc of the various candidates as suggested above.

And another challenge.

I dare the Advertiser to conduct a street poll in the city asking passers-by as their choice of AFC coach out of:

Wallace
Eade
Craig
O'Donnell

and to publish those results.

Terry Wallace and all other candidates might then realize that the maximun public support for Craig lies between 5 and 10% - barely an overwhelming majority??

Do you have the honesty of character to do these 2 things Michaelangelo?

macca23 that won't sell papers and you know that. Its already a done deal AND you know that as well.

The AFC doesn't give a hoot about what we think. As long as we're strung along for the ride.

What a farce this has become.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back