A clever article by Patrick Smith today

Remove this Banner Ad

All he did was show just how stupid Kennett and co were last week in lambasting the umpires in the way they did. Best footy article in weeks.
No he didn't Pazaa. He carried on like a child. Which is what he's best at. Kennett was 100% right in his comments.

I ran that link throught the australian website again as I thought it was a beat up.
I thought that it was odd that Gieschen asked the commentators for "consistency" in regards of the umpires. He seems to have borrowed some of Aaron hamill's Angry juice as that's a rant and a half against fevola, the clubs and so forth. perhaps giesch should be concentrating on the umpires instead of the goal kicking skills of brendan fevola or the direction of ratten.
My opinion of the article and the rant = :confused:

Epic joke post. :thumbsu:

You were joking right? :eek:

Seriously a bad article, like many have said before me, you can't compare Fev's goal miss to an umpire making a bad call.

What has missed goals got to do with Umpires?

Maybe Gieschen is going for a new position soon and is changing his public face in order to get this spot?

So you accept that playeres are humans and umpires are not ?

I get incredibly annoyed at umpires at times and even after winning on Saturday discussed how the umps had been against us ! The truth is though footy would be the hardest game to officiate that I can think of. So many grey areas.

Patrick Smith has missed the point in his clamour to yet again be the AFL's #1 apologist. It's not the umpires fans are annoyed with, it's the AFL and its rules comittee.
Weak article from a weak, boring journalist.

And to the guy who thought the article was real... seriously, you should apply a job at AFL house with a brain like that.

I ran that link throught the australian website again as I thought it was a beat up.
I thought that it was odd that Gieschen asked the commentators for "consistency" in regards of the umpires. He seems to have borrowed some of Aaron hamill's Angry juice as that's a rant and a half against fevola, the clubs and so forth. perhaps giesch should be concentrating on the umpires instead of the goal kicking skills of brendan fevola or the direction of ratten.
My opinion of the article and the rant = :confused:

kyon_facepalm.jpg

God you're an idiot...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not? Is one of them some superhuman non-mistake-making machine?

A player’s job is to go out and win a match. Given it’s a contest between elite competitive athletes mistakes are bound to be made.

The job of an umpire on the other hand is to adjudicate a match fairly and to a reasonable standard. That’s all he has to do, he’s not out there competing against anyone. But if he’s so pathetically bad at it that his errors continually have an impact on a match so much so that you could argue it has influenced the final result than yes his performance should be open to discussion.

That’s why a players and umpires mistakes are not comparable. If you still can’t tell the difference than I genuinely feel sorry for you.

A player’s job is to go out and win a match. Given it’s a contest between elite competitive athletes mistakes are bound to be made.

The job of an umpire on the other hand is to adjudicate a match fairly and to a reasonable standard. That’s all he has to do, he’s not out there competing against anyone. But if he’s so pathetically bad at it that his errors continually have an impact on a match so much so that you could argue it has influenced the final result than yes his performance should be open to discussion.

That’s why a players and umpires mistakes are not comparable. If you still can’t tell the difference than I genuinely feel sorry for you.

I don't think the umpires are pathetically bad and impact the result to any great degree. They do make mistakes but it is a tough gig and there aren't that many howlers. I think the umpire bashing is ridiculous, but they are an easy target and Kennett comes across as 'brave' when he is anything but in this case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back