Portfolio A Guernsey for Every Possible Clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo16

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The idea behind this guernsey collection was to focus on eliminating potential clashes but rather than have blanket rules such as “light and dark”, the idea was to give each team a wide variety of guernseys to enable them to have flexibility when it comes to avoiding clashes - I’ve also managed to do this without the need to add colours that aren’t a part of a team’s identity -

Instead of Home, away and clash jumpers, I’ve given teams Primary and Secondary jumpers with some Alternates for each of these

0 - Adelaide.png

Adelaide

Primary – Same as current home

Primary ALT – Specifically designed for when Adelaide plays away to Hawthorn, I’ve removed some of the red and yellow, which causes the clash with Hawthorn, so the jumper is mostly navy

Secondary – A red clash guernsey, that also eliminates some of the navy and gold from their current clash so red is the clear dominant colour

The idea behind this guernsey collection was to focus on eliminating potential clashes but rather than have blanket rules such as “light and dark”, the idea was to give each team a wide variety of guernseys to enable them to have flexibility when it comes to avoiding clashes - I’ve also managed to do this without the need to add colours that aren’t a part of a team’s identity -

Instead of Home, away and clash jumpers, I’ve given teams Primary and Secondary jumpers with some Alternates for each of these

View attachment 1470439

Adelaide

Primary ALT – Specifically designed for when Adelaide plays away to Hawthorn, I’ve removed some of the red and yellow, which causes the clash with Hawthorn, so the jumper is mostly navy

Secondary – A red clash guernsey, that also eliminates some of the navy and gold from their current clash so red is the clear dominant colour

What colour shorts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What colour shorts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The primary shorts will usually match the main colour of the jumper and then white shorts are used with secondary jumpers where necessary

So in this case it’s navy shorts with the primary and primary alt and white shorts with the secondary jumper

View attachment 1470439

Adelaide

What do they wear when playing away to Brisbane?

View attachment 1470439

Adelaide

The Crow in the primary alt on the shield logo is completely lost in the navy. Maybe add some sort of background? It is not as much of an issue on the secondary, but it is all but invisible on the primary alt.

0 - Brisbane.png

Brisbane

Primary - Same as current home

Primary ALT – Same as current away

Secondary – Bears inspired clash jumper, I don’t know if it’s the AFL that forces Brisbane to have a white clash jumper but I think this one should work fine in games against the Suns and the Swans

Secondary ALT – And if they still need a white clash, they can use this

0 - Collingwood.png

Collingwood

Primary ALT – Swooping magpie guernsey with darker stripes, this gives them a jumper that’s a fair bit darker than their primary jumper and will lessen the potential clash against Geelong or North Melbourne

Secondary – Clash version of the swooping magpie

0 - Essendon.png

Essendon

Secondary – Same as current clash just with a proper black sash

Secondary ALT – Similar to the old grey clash jumper but with a much lighter shade of grey, mainly to be worn in away games against Brisbane and GWS

0 - Fremantle.png

Fremantle

I’ve been a fan of the chevrons over the last 10 years or so but I feel like the time has come to return to the unique identity of the club and #BringBackTheAnchor

Primary – The anchor guernsey without the red and green, essentially just the old purple haze jumper

Primary ALT – I like the idea of Freo wearing the classic home jumper from time to time throughout a season, specifically in derbies as it’s a nice throwback to the history of the rivalry but it also might add enough colour difference to allow Freo not to have to wear a clash jumper in away derbies

Secondary – The old white and purple anchor jumper

Secondary ALT – I’ve brought back the retro away jumper not only because it was pretty popular in retro round 2021 but it would also work as a darker jumper when playing away against teams like Geelong

View attachment 1474339

Collingwood

Primary ALT – Swooping magpie guernsey with darker stripes, this gives them a jumper that’s a fair bit darker than their primary jumper and will lessen the potential clash against Geelong or North Melbourne

Secondary – Clash version of the swooping magpie

View attachment 1474343

Essendon

Secondary – Same as current clash just with a proper black sash

Secondary ALT – Similar to the old grey clash jumper but with a much lighter shade of grey, mainly to be worn in away games against Brisbane and GWS

View attachment 1474347

Fremantle

I’ve been a fan of the chevrons over the last 10 years or so but I feel like the time has come to return to the unique identity of the club and #BringBackTheAnchor

Primary – The anchor guernsey without the red and green, essentially just the old purple haze jumper

Primary ALT – I like the idea of Freo wearing the classic home jumper from time to time throughout a season, specifically in derbies as it’s a nice throwback to the history of the rivalry but it also might add enough colour difference to allow Freo not to have to wear a clash jumper in away derbies

Secondary – The old white and purple anchor jumper

Secondary ALT – I’ve brought back the retro away jumper not only because it was pretty popular in retro round 2021 but it would also work as a darker jumper when playing away against teams like Geelong
Should just be a haze and red anchor guernsey. No need to over do it with too many colours. Red clash.gif

0 - Geelong.png

Geelong

Secondary – A navy clash jumper for away games against North Melbourne, I’ve gone with light navy hoops/monogram as less white on this jumper is just better to eliminate any potential clash

0 - Gold Coast.png

Gold Coast

Primary – For the suns, I’ve gone with my “Rising Sun” rebrand design

Primary ALT – The old wave jumper, for any matchup where a little less gold could help avoid clash

Secondary – An inverse of the primary, finally giving the suns a mostly gold away jumper

Secondary ALT – A white clash, there’s a chance the suns would be better with a blue clash for games against Sydney but it’s my preference for them to not have a blue jumper at all if possible

View attachment 1478435

Geelong

Secondary – A navy clash jumper for away games against North Melbourne, I’ve gone with light navy hoops/monogram as less white on this jumper is just better to eliminate any potential clash

View attachment 1478436

Gold Coast

Primary – For the suns, I’ve gone with my “Rising Sun” rebrand design

Primary ALT – The old wave jumper, for any matchup where a little less gold could help avoid clash

Secondary – An inverse of the primary, finally giving the suns a mostly gold away jumper

Secondary ALT – A white clash, there’s a chance the suns would be better with a blue clash for games against Sydney but it’s my preference for them to not have a blue jumper at all if possible
Interesting, although you could have gone one of the actual club colours and just done a gold away kit. Would have solved all of the issues, no need for a rising sun or white kit.

double blue is elite. my favourite clash jumper we ever had was the 2011/12 baby blue with navy monogram.
fc4b97179c7d473a54f2d709f3e32036.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

double blue is elite. my favourite clash jumper we ever had was the 2011/12 baby blue with navy monogram.
fc4b97179c7d473a54f2d709f3e32036.jpg
Never understood the hate this jumper got. For a team called the Blues (plural) another shade of blue makes way more sense than a white clash jumper. The blue monogram is class compared to the 97 one with the white monogram.

0 - GWS.png

GWS

Primary - Same as old home with a charcoal back, when executed properly the old design is significantly better than their current home jumper

Primary ALT – The black “Never Surrender” jumper for games against Sydney

Secondary – Orange clash jumper

0 - Hawthorn.png

Hawthorn

Primary ALT – Same as current away/clash

Secondary – A brown clash jumper for anytime gold may clash

Never understood the hate this jumper got. For a team called the Blues (plural) another shade of blue makes way more sense than a white clash jumper. The blue monogram is class compared to the 97 one with the white monogram.

Agree to a point, but I always thought they got the shade wrong. If it was more of a sky blue closer to the North Argentina strip I reckon it would have looked better and maybe been embraced a little more. Always felt like an awkwardly bright quernsey to me.

View attachment 1479596

GWS

Primary - Same as old home with a charcoal back, when executed properly the old design is significantly better than their current home jumper

Primary ALT – The black “Never Surrender” jumper for games against Sydney

Secondary – Orange clash jumper

View attachment 1479597

Hawthorn

Primary ALT – Same as current away/clash

Secondary – A brown clash jumper for anytime gold may clash
The curve at the bottom of the V does not work

Agree to a point, but I always thought they got the shade wrong. If it was more of a sky blue closer to the North Argentina strip I reckon it would have looked better and maybe been embraced a little more. Always felt like an awkwardly bright quernsey to me.
Either that, or less in-your-face, like Sturt's colours. It's more of a powdery light blue than Carlton's attempt.
images.jpeg-23.jpg

Either that, or less in-your-face, like Sturt's colours. It's more of a powdery light blue than Carlton's attempt.
View attachment 1480455
I hate these blues purely because they remind me of my primary school uniform. But overall, the blues should just do a complete inverse of their colours (including navy logo) and it would ook fine

0 - Melbourne.png

Melbourne

Primary ALT – The flaming demon jumper, both because it makes the jumper a little darker with less red and because it looks bloody awesome

Secondary – Same as current clash

Secondary ALT – A red version of the flaming demon jumper, the Dees do need a red clash jumper and this one serves the purpose and looks great as well

0 - North Melbourne.png

North Melbourne

Primary ALT – The classic bounding roo jumper

Secondary – Old blue jumper to serve as away/clash (why they don’t have this as a clash in 2022 is mind boggling)

Secondary ALT – A blue inverse of the bounding roo, I feel this with blue shorts would serve as an even better clash jumper against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back