A-League A-League Men Round 11 - What Rule Change Wont The APL Tell Us This Week

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 11, After last weeks top of the ladder debacle what other rules have the APL changed and haven't alerted us to it yet? A strange communication policy that the APL have. To the football and the match of the round will be at CommBank stadium between the WSW V CCM both teams are in good form and are looking to solidify themselves into that top six, the other big match is that other other Melbourne Derby between Western United V Melbourne City on Sunday afternoon can Western United get another one up on Melbourne City or will City turn it on like they did against the Roar? The crowd will also be interesting to note for that match. Also a rescheduled round 12 match on Monday night due to next week being Unite Round.

A-League Round 11

Thursday 4th January
Adelaide United V Wellington Phoenix 7:45pm ESDT, 7:15pm CSDT, Coopers Stadium

Friday 5th January
Macarthur F.C V Newcastle Jets 7:45pm ESDT, Campbelltown Stadium

Saturday 6th January
Western Sydney Wanderers V Central Coast Mariners 5:00pm ESDT, CommBank Stadium
Brisbane Roar V Sydney F.C 7:45pm ESDT, 6:45pm EST, Suncorp Stadium (Live on 10 Bold, check local guides)
Perth Glory V Melbourne Victory 9:45pm ESDT, 6:45pm WST, HBF Park

Sunday 7th January
Western United V Melbourne City 5:00pm ESDT, AAMI Park (Live on 10 Bold, check local guides)

Round 12 rescheduled match

Monday 8th January
Adelaide United V Macarthur F.C 7:45pm ESDT, 7:15pm CSDT, Coopers Stadium

Predictions: Adel V Well 2-2 Mac V New 1-1 CCM 2-1 Bris 1-0 Vic 1-0 City 3-0 Adel 2-1

Enjoy the football this week

If Wellington score remains same and Victory win will the newly introduced “team with more yellow” rule mean Wellington stay first?
Aaah finally a stat Ruben Zadkovich would have been good at whilst with Glory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take a point, but we had two leads and we blew it.

I also knew we wouldn't do anything when the red was given, we never do 🤪

Overall great game to watch, and hopefully we can get the 3 points against the Glory 🤞

I mean we hit the post/bar a number of times and missed virtually open goals so would say you "take" a point lol. We dominated the second half and should have won.

I mean we hit the post/bar a number of times and missed virtually open goals so would say you "take" a point lol. We dominated the second half and should have won.

What were the “expected goals”?

EDIT: Adelaide 2.7 … Phoenix 1.15

The target for laying the foundations of the stadium, per the chairman, is mid-to-late 2024. And the 2026-27 season timeline is one he absolutely intends to keep.

But this, of course, isn't the first time commitments have been made on this front: A tweet sent out by the then West Melbourne Group (WMG) bid in October 2018, boldly stating: "Our stadium building partner guarantees a construction time of 20 months. We will be playing in our privately funded and owned stadium by Season 3!"

The target for laying the foundations of the stadium, per the chairman, is mid-to-late 2024. And the 2026-27 season timeline is one he absolutely intends to keep.

But this, of course, isn't the first time commitments have been made on this front: A tweet sent out by the then West Melbourne Group (WMG) bid in October 2018, boldly stating: "Our stadium building partner guarantees a construction time of 20 months. We will be playing in our privately funded and owned stadium by Season 3!"

Quoting commitments made before covid is pretty pointless.

Would have put the project back 2-3 seasons easily.

WU us a long term project. They will only make an effort to really dig deep into the western suburbs communities once they have a true home.

I predict they'll succeed and have 10-12k average crowds within 7-10 years.

They have the right concept they just need a home to establish an identity.

Abu Dhabi need to do similar themselves long term to thrive in Dandenong.

Doesn't ranking by wins actually discourage attacking football? At 1-0 up teams will defend the lead rather than go for a second or third which they previously would have if trying to chase down a team's GD.

Doesn't ranking by wins actually discourage attacking football? At 1-0 up teams will defend the lead rather than go for a second or third which they previously would have if trying to chase down a team's GD.

Stop making sense

True, but dominance doesn't always equate to a deserved win, especially when shots on target only was apparently 7-4. ...And we also hit the post too 😉

Though, we're just lucky only one of your 18 corners resulted in a goal, because my heart was in my mouth every single one 😫

I don't know that many refs would have the stones to give a guy a second yellow for simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back