A-League - Midweek: Melbourne Heart v Gold Coast United

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2003
Kensington Gardens
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
B'ham CityFC Adelaide United FC
All discussion for the A-League midweek match between Melbourne Heart & Gold Coast United may be posted in this thread. It will be stickied until next Friday.

BROADCAST DETAILS:

Wednesday 19 January 2011

LIVE - FOX SPORTS 1 - 8pm EDT, 7:30pm CDT, 7pm EST, 5pm WST

Great to see Heart have a midweek clash prior to the Melbourne Derby #3 .. as they did prior to Derby #2 .

Agreed, it's just wonderful scheduling. Not to mention we'll also be up against the Aus Open across the road to try and gain a crowd. :thumbsu:

Anything less than a draw from this will really put us under the pump.

Great to see Heart have a midweek clash prior to the Melbourne Derby #3 .. as they did prior to Derby #2 .

Boo hoo.:rolleyes:

You are at home for the midweek match and don't have to travel. The Glory are playing midweek before having to travel to Wellington.

Every team gets a tough run of fixtures, deal with it.

You are at home for the midweek match and don't have to travel. The Glory are playing midweek before having to travel to Wellington.

... just made an observation dood -- couldn't care less what the glory are doing

The Heart have to play a midweek match prior to the Derby again ... where as the Victory do not - would make sense with such a big match that both sides are on an equal footing.

i think i'll be able to deal with it - thanks for your concern.

I guess u raise a good point, as the Wellington v Perth match is the one all A-League supporters hang out for each season.
Who will win the "Who Cares Derby" this time?!?

Honestly why don’t supporters of WA sporting sides realise that if they want to compete in national comps then they are always going to be at the rough end of deal with the fixture. There is a reason for this: Perth is Australia's and the world's most isolated capital City!

The Heart are not it this situation, and the Melbourne Derby was a game of major significance before it was first played. Also this game could be a six point game in the race for the finals for both sides.

Honestly why don’t supporters of WA sporting sides realise that if they want to compete in national comps then they are always going to be at the rough end of deal with the fixture. There is a reason for this: Perth is Australia's and the world's most isolated capital City!

I'm not complaining, just pointing out that it is a bit rich for a Melbourne team to be complaining about having to play a midweek match at home, followed by another match in Melbourne. Every team has the same amount of midweek fixtures I am pretty sure and I would be happy to have such a good situation like the Heart are having.

And in regards to the Glory match, it is worth three points...just like the Melbourne match.;)

I'm not complaining, just pointing out that it is a bit rich for a Melbourne team to be complaining about having to play a midweek match at home, followed by another match in Melbourne. Every team has the same amount of midweek fixtures I am pretty sure and I would be happy to have such a good situation like the Heart are having.

And in regards to the Glory match, it is worth three points...just like the Melbourne match.;)

Fair Enough about the not complaining, I probably presumed when I should not off...

It should be said however that this is not only a Derby but really a 6 point game in the race for the finals. So for both teams to be as fresh as possible would of be nice...

Maybe its a positive. People finished watching the days plays and they see a Heart match is on. Maybe we can snag a couple thousand from people going home from the Tennis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back