A question?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Please explain to me how Kosovo and what is happening to the palestinien people different from eachother.

Both where the systematic attack of a weaker people unable to defend themselves.
The destruction of homes and Civilian buildings of a race of people that constantly struggle in life.
The stones vs guns saga

The israelie people are intimidating and mercinglessly killing these people under the the banned "removal of terrorists".

Why have the USA refused to step in here with the precision and power they have used in the past.
Why do they continue to arm the israelie government.

From where I am sitting, this is one of the worst cases of human rights violations I have ever seen.

Sabre, despite our opinions of the abilities of humans, there is no answer to this problem. This is not giving up, it is acceptance of fact.
There is not, and never will be, sufficient common ground for a dialogue. Forget about these ****ers, and get on with problems for which an answer exists.
I wonder to what extent both sides in this conflict thrive on the world's attention. Each side believes they are the most important people on the planet, because they are 'chosen'. I wonder how much interest the U.S. would show if there weren't oil involved, despite the Jewish lobby.
Would it be any loss if we just let these people fulfill their pre-determined destinies?

simple answer sabre

Isreal is a client state of the USA

therefore Isreal can do whatever it bluddy well likes

- Thats why Isreal can defy the United Nations - and get away with it

- Thats why Isreal can ignore resolutions of the Un Security Council - and get away with it.

- Thats why Isreal can repeatedly refuse an International Peacekeeping Force - and get away with it.

- Thats why Isreal can descroibe its aggression as 'a war on terror' - and get away with it.

- Thats why Isreal can contrinue to build illegal settlements in the Occupied Territories in defiance of Un Resolutions and International opinion - and get away with it.

Its like the skinny runty little kid you used to know in school - he was a right little sh*t but you couldn;'t put him in his place because for some reason he was mates with the biggest toughest bully in the schoolyard - so the little sh*t was 'untouhable'

USA is the big tough kid, Isreal is his 'mate'

when you have a big powerful freind who willv back you to the hilt every single time regardless of how badly you behave, then you can do what you bluddy well like can't you ?

No peace in the Middle East unless the USA ends its unconditional and morally indefensible support of the Isreali postion - regardless of how illogical, unjust and illegal it is.

cheers

Originally posted by Bloodstained Angel
simple answer sabre

- Thats why Isreal can ignore resolutions of the Un Security Council - and get away with it.

- Thats why Isreal can repeatedly refuse an International Peacekeeping Force - and get away with it.

- Thats why Isreal can descroibe its aggression as 'a war on terror' - and get away with it.

- Thats why Isreal can contrinue to build illegal settlements in the Occupied Territories in defiance of Un Resolutions and International opinion - and get away with it.

Its like the skinny runty little kid you used to know in school - he was a right little sh*t but you couldn;'t put him in his place because for some reason he was mates with the biggest toughest bully in the schoolyard - so the little sh*t was 'untouhable'

when you have a big powerful freind who willv back you to the hilt every single time regardless of how badly you behave, then you can do what you bluddy well like can't you ?

No peace in the Middle East unless the USA ends its unconditional and morally indefensible support of the Isreali postion - regardless of how illogical, unjust and illegal it is.

cheers

Spot on, BSA.

I see a huge difference between Kosovo and Israel and don't think the two can be linked.
The Israel situation dates back to the creation of Israel and thus the disenfranchisement of the palestinians. It may be considered that the creation of Israel, in the centre of a Muslim region, was a flawed one. But once created I doubt that Israeli's are going to leave their new country.
It is significant that Israel has never declared war upon another country yet the Palestinians have and have vowed to regain their land which is now called Israel. This puts Israel under a continuous threat. Control of the West Bank and Golan heights is strategically very important to the security of Israel and whilst it is threatened I can understand them wanting to keep control.
Whilst the Palestinian cause is understandable their tactics have echoed those of fundemental muslims ie the use of terror by attacking women and children in suicide bombings. I have no sympathy for such actions, they sit alongside the actions of the Sept 11th pilots.

Both where the systematic attack of a weaker people unable to defend themselves.

Suicide bombing is not defensive it is attacking and the Palestinians are the poor catspaws of the extremeley oil rich Muslim nations who fund each and every suicide bomber. If it were not for the financial backing of Saudia Arabia, Syria, Iraq, Iran etc there would not be such a conflict. So, whilst the USA is certainly behind Israel and can take it's share of blame it is not alone. The backers of the Palestinian/Muslim cause are just as guilty.

And what of the rest of the world. Are we but onlookers? What can Australia do to help things?

Originally posted by Bloodstained Angel
simple answer sabre

cheers

Agree 100%
Peace will never eventuate while the US is biased in its dealing with both nations

It seems to me that the USA won't do anything because of the Jewish Americans who have money and power. It seems to me that nothing is worth fighting for unless it revolves around money to the Americans, unless they themselves are being attacked.

It makes me sick to see what's going on in the Middle East, while the whole world sits back and watches, afraid to do anything for fear they upset the Americans. It reminds me of the bad old days of Northern Ireland, when human rights were being trampled on, and people are being treated as 3rd class citizens/animals.

I'm going to USA in June, and I'm sad to say that a prejudice has been sort of instilled into me by watching this. I'm losing respect for the American government, and the Jewish community. And let me point out that I am not a racist or right wing supporter or anything like that.

Peace.

colin

Please do not take your predjuices to the USA with you.

Its a bit complicated really - when you go to the States and have a bit of a look around and talk to the people, its great !

A wonderful country and fantastic, warm hearted freindly people.

But, unfortunately, they have a Government that is ruthless, ignorant, craven, hypocritical and completely held hostage by vested power and influence.

Particulary when it comes to foreign policy.

They say you get the government you deserve but I think Americans just don't deserve the type of rubbish they get in the White House because in my experience they are great people and its great county.

You'll have a great time and don't go there expecting the Yankees to be just a whole lot of George Bush clones - its much more complicated and subtle than that.

The stereotypical American is just that - a stereotype.

But they are really REALLY fat - that stereotype at least is true:D

cheers

Originally posted by colin
It seems to me that nothing is worth fighting for unless it revolves around money to the Americans, unless they themselves are being attacked.

Not alone though methinks.

Australia and East Timor?

UK and the Falklands?

I agree with BSA that most Americans are very nice (although loud at times ;) ), and the breakfasts are incredible :)

Originally posted by Frodo

I agree with BSA that most Americans are very nice (although loud at times ;) ), and the breakfasts are incredible :)

Hey I agree with Frodo again. ;) I lived in the USA for about 14 months and the breakfasts are incredible. $2.95 special at 'Dennys' was always one of my faves after a big night on the grog. :D

Originally posted by Frodo
I What can Australia do to help things?

Very good post on the history and problems in the area.....

As for an answer to your question..........bugger all considering our leaders are mere puppets on a string to George Bush and his war against terrorism where it suits him.........unfortunately :(

Ever since the Israeli Government decided to declare a "War on Terror" on Palestinian extremists, they knew that they had the yanks over a barrel because they (The Bush Administration) would've been seen as complete hypocrites, by the international community if they pulled Ariel Sharon into line, whilst continuing their bombing campaign in Afghanistan.

There is no doubt Colin & BSA, that the US Government has been hijacked by lobby groups and vested interests (It's been this way for a long time, and we're just as bad), and you would have to be on Cloud 9 to believe that the Jewish Lobby (they do exsist BSA, i'm not being paranoid) doesn't have an influence on American foreign policy.

To use a local example, Take the Opinion/Letters to the Editor pages in "The Age", there are many letters and articles in this section, expressing an Israeli/Jewish viewpoint, but there are few letters/articles that are pro-Palestinian, I believe that there is more to this than meets the eye.

I'm going to America (and Canada) soon for a dairy tour, and from what i've heard (from my uncle Keith who went on a same tour i'm going on, he went to California,Winsoncin, Quebec, British Columbia and Ontario), the people there, for the most part are quite nice.(I've had a girl from rural Montana stay with us years ago, and she was great), so I bear no grudges against Americans, just the Bush Administration (who have increased farm subsidies by up to 70%, which has already caused the international milk powder and cotton prices to fall by as much as 10%, torchbearers for Free Trade my arse).

P.S
Everyone has thier own predjudices BSA, the last person who was perfect got nailed to a cross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Wayde Petersen
so I bear no grudges against Americans, just the Bush Administration (who have increased farm subsidies by up to 70%, which has already caused the international milk powder and cotton prices to fall by as much as 10%, torchbearers for Free Trade my arse).

Aren't those free trade and globalisation policies just great.

Just wish our puppets wouldn't go along with them so much........as they never seem to practice what they preach........
:mad:

I know dreamkillers, Why have enemies, when you have friends like the Americans:D .

What the Bush Administration (the ultimate, un-democratic regime) is doing to our exporters is a bit like the scene from National Lampoon's, "Animal House", where a junior member of a frat house, is being whipped during an initiation ceremony saying "Please sir, may I have another", and that's what the US government is doing to powerless nations (and cowardly governments like ours) like ours all over the world, and I prey for the day that the US is no longer the top dog in international trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back