Competition A Special Merger Of The "Week"

Remove this Banner Ad

Will close on the day of the GF, at earliest

In this MOTW you must create only ONE jumper that is a merger of the 16 current AFL teams, every team must be represented on the jumper.

(by every team must be represented on the jumper, i mean there should be something that represents each team on it, whether thats black and white stripes, or a red sash, or an anchor, a paddlepop lion or wings.

This MOTW i want to avoid the traditional smeagle entry, that draws a long bow but does so brilliantly, and just see who can just merge the jumpers)

5 entries per person

one image per entry

good luck

2cntxfs.png

Godz FC
It's generally claimed in most religions that God/s created everything, which includes all the animals in the world such as Lions, Tigers, Eagles, Hawks etc (I think you get the picture). As it happens they're also responsible for the creation of Saints, Bombers, Blues and Dockers, which they're able to do because of their infinite Power. Therefore the "Godz" name is chosen because it encapsulates every mascot in the AFL. In order to avoid discriminating against any current religions Godz is spelt with a "z", which is a reference to the mythological Zeus who isn't tied to any modern religion. Zeus also appears in the logo and on the jumper with a lightning bolt, which represents the Power that he used to create everything. White is chosen as the predominate colour because it's a mix of all colours put together (the opposite of black which is the absence of colour), which represents the colours of every AFL club. Black and gold were also chosen to represent the heavens, with black symbolising the night sky and gold symbolising the stars. The inverted "V" on the jumper represents Mt Olympus, which is the mythological home of the ancient Greek Gods. Nike (the Greek Goddess of Victory) has been kind enough to be the official kit supplier of the team.

Heyzeus, i love the idea and the jumper but its not really what i was going for

In this MOTW you must create only ONE jumper that is a merger of the 16 current AFL teams, every team must be represented on the jumper.

by every team must be represented on the jumper, i meant there should be something that represents each team on it, whether thats black and white stripes, or a red sash, or an anchor, a paddlepop lion or wings.

This MOTW i was trying to avoid the traditional smeagle entry, like yours above, that draws a long bow but does so brilliantly, and just see who could just merge the jumpers

I'll add that to the OP

Heyzeus, i love the idea and the jumper but its not really what i was going for

by every team must be represented on the jumper, i meant there should be something that represents each team on it, whether thats black and white stripes, or a red sash, or an anchor, a paddlepop lion or wings.

This MOTW i was trying to avoid the traditional smeagle entry, like yours above, that draws a long bow but does so brilliantly, and just see who could just merge the jumpers

I'll add that to the OP

Ah sorry I didn't realise that every team literally had to be represented, hence the symbolic use of white (all club colours) and the Godz nickname (all club mascots being created by Gods). I guess that means that "Godz FC" gets the big DQ for now, but I can always tweak it for a MOTW that involves Port with the whole Lightning Bolt thing.

Oh well back to the drawing board!

nnqwet.png

This "all clubs" jumper design has 16 veritcal stripes on it, with each club being represented by one of the stripes. The clubs are represented in alphabetical order going from left to right around the jumper, starting with the teal "Port Adelaide" stripe in the middle of the jumper (it just sort of happened that way...honest!;)). The club colours that I used are the ones that first come to my mind when I think about each club (courtesy of footyjumpers.com). In order these are...

Port Adelaide teal (front middle stripe)
Richmond yellow
St Kilda black
Sydney red
West Coast blue (side panel stripe)
Western Bulldogs blue
Adelaide blue
Brisbane maroon
Carlton blue (back middle stripe)
Collingwood black
Essendon red
Fremantle purple
Geelong blue (side panel stripe)
Hawthorn brown
Melbourne blue
North Melbourne blue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My aim will to be to get an element of every club's guernsey onto one guernsey. I've started and it's pretty difficult. We'll see how we go.

I've got all the teams in bar St Kilda, who don't have a defining guernsey feature to fit on somewhere. I was going to make the collar and cuffs white with black piping, but they don't do that anymore...

It's a mess though, i'll probably post it up when i'm done but I think streamlining it a bit would make for a far better looking guernsey.

My aim will to be to get an element of every club's guernsey onto one guernsey. I've started and it's pretty difficult. We'll see how we go.

yeh, thats what i'm looking for

Got an idea in mind, just waiting for the release of the Gold Coast concept before I start working on it. Hopefully GC will be easy to add to it.

GC isnt compulsary

OK... let the monstrosities begin.

supermerger.png

Rather than explain how all the bits fit, why not have a bit of discussion about it :)

The socks are just an attempt to get everything included. Back and cuffs are in gold, and went for a wide number panel as a lot of teams have that. Shorts are a steely grey, maybe platinum. I thought those colours would give it something different and "all powerful".

OK... let the monstrosities begin.

supermerger.png

Rather than explain how all the bits fit, why not have a bit of discussion about it :)

The socks are just an attempt to get everything included. Back and cuffs are in gold, and went for a wide number panel as a lot of teams have that. Shorts are a steely grey, maybe platinum. I thought those colours would give it something different and "all powerful".
brilliant

exactly the kind of entry I'm looking for

Okay, here's my first go. It's a mess.

I'm going to work on refining it and probably shifting half of the teams over to the back for my next entry, I think that will make everything a lot easier.

all16.png

Okay, here's my first go. It's a mess.

I'm going to work on refining it and probably shifting half of the teams over to the back for my next entry, I think that will make everything a lot easier.

all16.png
:thumbsu:

these are exactly what i want

a test of who can actually merge the guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back