Strategy A vote of no confidence

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren is in a precarious position because Jack still is at the Club in various ambassadorial roles. Doesn't want to put out his dad and Jack is mindful of who breads his butter.

Same thing goes for Peter Burgoyne. Peter can't stand Hinkley but you'll never hear it publicly because of Jase and Shaun's positions at the Club.

Ditto Darren Mead.

I think you will find more of the SANFL players from the 1990-96 period will speak out in coming weeks.
Long overdue if they do.

George Fiacchi has started

Port Adelaide hall of famer George Fiacchi says Power should have waited on Hinkley contract​

One of Port Adelaide’s most famous names has questioned the club’s decision to re-sign Ken Hinkley before the finals series, after their dismal semi-final loss to the Giants at home.

Port Adelaide hall of famer George Fiacchi says the club should have waited until season’s end before re-signing coach Ken Hinkley, even if it ultimately decided to extend his contract.
The seven-time premiership player doesn‘t believe Power fans calling for Hinkley’s position to be re-examined are in the majority but urged the club to “stop promising the world and start delivering”.
The Power extended Hinkley‘s contract in August off the back of a stunning second half of the season where his side went on a 13 game winning streak but Fiacchi, who was also a Port Adelaide board member, it was a “strange decision” given the Power’s recent finals performances.
Pressure is set to mount once more at Alberton with Hinkley forced to defend his side‘s finals record with the loss to GWS on Saturday night their fifth sudden-death final defeat under Hinkley since 2014........
Read it and was disappointed. Fiacchi and Brogan both going half arsed about it. Toeing the party line and sitting on the fence. It actually is really weak on Fiacchi’s part. Another who is now lost to me.

Read it and was disappointed. Fiacchi and Brogan both going half arsed about it. Toeing the party line and sitting on the fence. It actually is really weak on Fiacchi’s part. Another who is now lost to me.

Brogan is good mates with Cassisi so he was never going to go hard - if anything he just endorsed the status quo.

At least Fiacchi got the ball rolling. He's not the one I would want leading this faction, but he does carry a bit of clout and articulates himself in a way that is to the point without being bombastic about this - though this can be equally construed as seen to be somewhat meek and mild.

Brogan is good mates with Cassisi so he was never going to go hard - if anything he just endorsed the status quo.

At least Fiacchi got the ball rolling. He's not the one I would want leading this faction, but he does carry a bit of clout and articulates himself in a way that is to the point without being bombastic about this - though this can be equally construed as seen to be somewhat meek and mild.
It read like he was sitting on the fence but with both testes hanging to Hinkley’s side.

Imo we are flogging a dead horse, the club I loved is gone forever and is now just another franchise.
We have a a choice conform or move on, I choose the latter, I will not condone something I don't agree with.
This load of frauds running our club have just turned it into a club where you can't hold accountable, pay up and shut up is the new Port and not something you can love and invest years in.
Life's not that bad after Port, no more of those angry Sunday mornings after a pathetic performance by a mentally weak team.

Last edited:
maybe most supporters have no demand or expectations to win?
they just want to watch (s0me)footy, drink beer and eat pasties.:moustache:
I think most supporters of other clubs do, but those clubs haven't been dribbling the "we exist to win premierships" mantra. I mean the whole idea fails when there's no won premierships, raising the question "Why do you exist?"

If I was a conspiracy freak, I'd think Kochie and Hinkley were playing a long game to kill off the club.

I think most supporters of other clubs do, but those clubs haven't been dribbling the "we exist to win premierships" mantra. I mean the whole idea fails when there's no won premierships, raising the question "Why do you exist?"

If I was a conspiracy freak, I'd think Kochie and Hinkley were playing a long game to kill off the club.
6 month payout, which we can easily manage.

I have also been told that previously there have been sponsors willing to cover the payout.

Factor in membership revue and we are certainly better off sacking him.

6 month payout, which we can easily manage.

I have also been told that previously there have been sponsors willing to cover the payout.

Factor in membership revue and we are certainly better off sacking him.
A couple of sponsors going public saying enough is enough and offering to cover a payout to rid the club of kern could get it done, but the kokmeister and the rest of the board would know their reputations could be destroyed in the fall out, and their egos would be fighting tooth and nail to prevent that from happening.

A couple of sponsors going public saying enough is enough and offering to cover a payout to rid the club of kern could get it done, but the kokmeister and the rest of the board would know their reputations could be destroyed in the fall out, and their egos would be fighting tooth and nail to prevent that from happening.
I don’t hunk you’ll ever get that from a sponsor, generally they aren’t passionate supporters.

What we want is effectively a “shadow board” driven by the likes of Tredrea, Fiacci, Cahill with a backing of a few thousand clun members and financial backing of existing/new sponsors who all want change.

If we can’t make changes at board level we need to create some noise by other means:

Set up a gofundme page to print off 10,000 ‘Sack Hinkley’ tshirts and hand them out for free at our first home game.

Start a movement to sit down silent through NTUA at our first home game.

Spot on.
They live off the back of the old Port and it's traditions and success and then turn around and say, we are not in the SANFL anymore and don't criticise mediocrity.

Last edited:
I believe current AGM rules require any item for discussion to be on an agenda sent to all members, so those unable, or even unwilling to attend are aware of what will be discussed, and any potential vote of no confidence is also required to be on that agenda.

If so it still wouldn't prevent any paid up members of an organisation asking for a vote of no confidence in the current board to be placed on the agenda as an item for discussion, but the hard bit would be getting it passed as the chair would almost certainly be sitting on enough proxy votes to squash any challenge.

One positive is even if any potential challenge isn't successful it must be included in the minutes, and that could wake up some of the happy clapper types to the realisation that every thing in the garden isn't really as rosey as they think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can’t make changes at board level we need to create some noise by other means:

Set up a gofundme page to print off 10,000 ‘Sack Hinkley’ tshirts and hand them out for free at our first home game.

Too many Happy Clappers with their pathetic scarf waving, so it won't work.

Too many Happy Clappers with their pathetic scarf waving, so it won't work.
Yep, this. For many this is what they go for. It is the entertainment. Winning is not that important anymore.

nah what would actually work is rocking up to the ground but not going in. what is this obsession with attending these shithouse games? that's like protesting a bad director by constantly paying to see his next movie

nah what would actually work is rocking up to the ground but not going in. what is this obsession with attending these shithouse games? that's like protesting a bad director by constantly paying to see his next movie
Na, get a few hundred people to run onto the oval as NTUA is going and refuse to leave to delay the start of the game.

No hiding from that, one pitch invader can be cleared off the ground by security easily.

Power in numbers makes it harder for the stadium authority to catch and fine all the protesters also.

I get what you’re saying and I’m there. But many people are forced into going to the footy because of family, friends, not wanting to lose seating etc.

My kids love going to the footy and so does my dad. They don’t care about results as much as I do and if I don’t go, that breaks that tradition. It’s also nice to have a routine where we all spend time together and that’s hard to break.

I would say there’s several thousand in similar predicaments.

In the last decade we keep having the club regime telling us what a wonderful job they are doing. The results benchmarked against the rest of the competition would suggest this is not the case.

I have previously asked the club, even as far back as KT and emailed at the 2022 AGM (which we were not allowed to attend) If the club would be open to doing a complete external review of all football operations. I didn't get a response but if they are truly doing such a wonderful job and this stability stuff is really working there should be nothing to hide and they should welcome a review of their performance from outside sources.

I get what you’re saying and I’m there. But many people are forced into going to the footy because of family, friends, not wanting to lose seating etc.

My kids love going to the footy and so does my dad. They don’t care about results as much as I do and if I don’t go, that breaks that tradition. It’s also nice to have a routine where we all spend time together and that’s hard to break.

I would say there’s several thousand in similar predicaments.

they just need education

I believe current AGM rules require any item for discussion to be on an agenda sent to all members, so those unable, or even unwilling to attend are aware of what will be discussed, and any potential vote of no confidence is also required to be on that agenda.

If so it still wouldn't prevent any paid up members of an organisation asking for a vote of no confidence in the current board to be placed on the agenda as an item for discussion, but the hard bit would be getting it passed as the chair would almost certainly be sitting on enough proxy votes to squash any challenge.

One positive is even if any potential challenge isn't successful it must be included in the minutes, and that could wake up some of the happy clapper types to the realisation that every thing in the garden isn't really as rosey as they think.
"Members" aren't members according to the constitution, the AFL is.

So they couldn't ask for a vote of no confidence, only the AFL could.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's face it, there is a hardcore group of around 50 x Port BigFooty posters, myself included
While it's nice to vent here, it is seriously just a minute echo chamber in the scheme of things

So how do we actually force change
As I see the only way is to publicly embarrass those in charge
Things like 'the sticker' do achieve this
Remember the backlash from just a simple piece of paper

Things like protests just don't work for these situations
We just look like the lunatic fringe they've labelled us

My thoughts are to start laying flowers at the club doors with RIP PAFC, Sack Ken or whatever you wish to say
It would only need a few brave souls to start and with media coverage the masses would follow
Before long it would be Princess Di level

They wouldn't know how to respond
They would look petty running out and removing
A silent yet powerful protest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back