Strategy A vote of no confidence

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I won’t rehash all the detail and data from other threads, just a couple of broad strokes.

• Port was on its knees as a broke, poorly resourced, poorly run club that was irrelevant
  • Kochie and others came to the club and helped turn things around. It seemed they spent more money on the football department and got sponsors to cover this increased expenditure. They did well but not rocket science. Maybe I’m underselling this?
  • A decade on we are still in debt, have a failed China venture, have no new income streams, are under resourcing our football department, have no new rooms or facilities
  • We have numerous questionable characters at the club that need review and/or removal
  • A decade on we have a hopeless SANFL side, a hopeless AFLW side and an AFL men’s side that hasn’t reached a GF and has losing showdown and vs top 8 side records.

For perspective only St Kilda (strong from 07-12), Essendon (drug scandal), Brisbane and North (basket cases for half the decade), Carlton and the Suns (both basket cases for the decade) haven’t made a GF during this time. Carlton or Brisbane will correct that this weekend. Melbourne, GWS and the Lions are clear examples of teams that struggled and had terrible periods comparable to Port but built and are heading towards success.

Port has made 3 prelims in the decade - a feat matched by 15 other sides. Hardly something to hang your hat on.

So below average on field, averagely performed off field. Kochie, the board, Ken and others all rightfully deserved time and chances. After a decade we have seen their abilities and what they are capable of. It’s mediocrity.

So how do we remove Koch and the board? They keep appointing Ken, surely that shows they don’t understand basic success and what is required or the standard for a football club. How do we push for a vote of no confidence? Are there pathways and avenues for this? Do we need to start a petition? What is the legitimate pathway forward for us to exert some kind of change at our club?

I won’t rehash all the detail and data from other threads, just a couple of broad strokes.

• Port was on its knees as a broke, poorly resourced, poorly run club that was irrelevant
  • Kochie and others came to the club and helped turn things around. It seemed they spent more money on the football department and got sponsors to cover this increased expenditure. They did well but not rocket science. Maybe I’m underselling this?
  • A decade on we are still in debt, have a failed China venture, have no new income streams, are under resourcing our football department, have no new rooms or facilities
  • We have numerous questionable characters at the club that need review and/or removal
  • A decade on we have a hopeless SANFL side, a hopeless AFLW side and an AFL men’s side that hasn’t reached a GF and has losing showdown and vs top 8 side records.

For perspective only St Kilda (strong from 07-12), Essendon (drug scandal), Brisbane and North (basket cases for half the decade), Carlton and the Suns (both basket cases for the decade) haven’t made a GF during this time. Carlton or Brisbane will correct that this weekend. Melbourne, GWS and the Lions are clear examples of teams that struggled and had terrible periods comparable to Port but built and are heading towards success.

Port has made 3 prelims in the decade - a feat matched by 15 other sides. Hardly something to hang your hat on.

So below average on field, averagely performed off field. Kochie, the board, Ken and others all rightfully deserved time and chances. After a decade we have seen their abilities and what they are capable of. It’s mediocrity.

So how do we remove Koch and the board? They keep appointing Ken, surely that shows they don’t understand basic success and what is required or the standard for a football club. How do we push for a vote of no confidence? Are there pathways and avenues for this? Do we need to start a petition? What is the legitimate pathway forward for us to exert some kind of change at our club?

I would love to know if there is any capacity for John citizen to help with meaningful change but alas I think not, other than don’t go to games

And unfortunately for every one of us, there are two happy clappers that drink the kool aid

This bit is oversold, if anything.

The key pillars of recovery — the OneClub merger (Nov 2010), move towards Adelaide Oval (2010-2011), and $9,000,000 in AFL/SANFL funding (June 2011) — had all been secured well over a year before Koch walked in (October 2012).

Whatever good he’s done since was from a solid foundation of ‘the worst is over’, which beyond all else makes basic sense for a Sydney-based morning TV host deciding to accept to devote time to such a ceremonial position in the first place.

Unfortunately we have no formal mechanism to roll the board and the AFL don’t care enough about us.

As long as we are “stable” and not losing money the AFL are happy and unfortunately they are in full control of the club, unlike other Victorian clubs where the members actually get a say.

What we need is to be in a position where it’s in the AFLs beat interest for the club to change things.

What that means is probably someone like Tredrea pushing to get on the board with enough member support, and financial support from wealthy benefactors/sponsors who support change and willing to put some money up to payout Hinkley and wipe some of the clubs debt.

* em, I'm at the point where I've accepted we've lost what we had, most likely forever. They deserve it all, and all our moron fans that have enabled it, they deserve every bit of it too. We've become more plastic and more corporation than the idiots down the road. Good riddance to a total clown show. Keep claiming our history and putting out bullshit propaganda. GWS showed us what a professional outfit looks like last night, and they're an eleven year old club.

* em, I'm at the point where I've accepted we've lost what we had, most likely forever. They deserve it all, and all our moron fans that have enabled it, they deserve every bit of it too. We've become more plastic and more corporation than the idiots down the road. Good riddance to a total clown show. Keep claiming our history and putting out bullshit propaganda. GWS showed us what a professional outfit looks like last night, and they're an eleven year old club.
Me too. 50 years invested in this club, and I don't mind if we don't succeed but I do when we are a plastic Crows franchise on and off field

I'm done. The club has passed me by, the ammos get my dollar from now on. Give me a call if you want someone to lead a revolution.

I recorded my vote of no confidence moments ago

f05f09ead73a01cfeb46313cd9d29e95.jpg

Some options:

1) Media
  • letter to the advertiser, herald sun and the Age
  • contact fox footy, any other footy shows
  • contact footy podcasts; Fox footy, herald sun, the age, will Anderson’s, Gerald Whateley’s, SEN, Tredders, etc
  • reporters’ Twitter accounts

2) letter to the AFL

3) letter to the club

I’ll dig around and see what I can find out about official processes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely there's enough of a groundswell of discontent, for a petition on something like change.org to get significant numbers?

Edit: Seems like there are a couple ... but they'd need to be shared on the bigger twitter and FB anti-hinkley sites to get any real traction

Last edited:
Embarrass Koch by starting a concerted social media campaign, putting up posters around town etc. pointing out Hinkley's world record games coached for no GF after he breaks Bill Stephen's record next year. Keep updating it on a weekly basis à la Boak breaking the Port AFL games played record. Use the Koch crypto scam ads as a template and highlight his culpability for the shitshow as Hinkley's enabler. You've got to hit him in the ego, it's his Achilles heal.

Last edited:
I would love to know if there is any capacity for John citizen to help with meaningful change but alas I think not, other than don’t go to games

And unfortunately for every one of us, there are two happy clappers that drink the kool aid
Someone commented on one of my tiktoks that they're going to buy a second membership to account for me cancelling mine. Whether they actually will is another thing but * me dead they really do drink the kool aid.

George Fiacchi has started

Port Adelaide hall of famer George Fiacchi says Power should have waited on Hinkley contract​

One of Port Adelaide’s most famous names has questioned the club’s decision to re-sign Ken Hinkley before the finals series, after their dismal semi-final loss to the Giants at home.

Port Adelaide hall of famer George Fiacchi says the club should have waited until season’s end before re-signing coach Ken Hinkley, even if it ultimately decided to extend his contract.
The seven-time premiership player doesn‘t believe Power fans calling for Hinkley’s position to be re-examined are in the majority but urged the club to “stop promising the world and start delivering”.
The Power extended Hinkley‘s contract in August off the back of a stunning second half of the season where his side went on a 13 game winning streak but Fiacchi, who was also a Port Adelaide board member, it was a “strange decision” given the Power’s recent finals performances.
Pressure is set to mount once more at Alberton with Hinkley forced to defend his side‘s finals record with the loss to GWS on Saturday night their fifth sudden-death final defeat under Hinkley since 2014........

Port Adelaide hall of famer George Fiacchi says Power should have waited on Hinkley contract​

One of Port Adelaide’s most famous names has questioned the club’s decision to re-sign Ken Hinkley before the finals series, after their dismal semi-final loss to the Giants at home.

Port Adelaide hall of famer George Fiacchi says the club should have waited until season’s end before re-signing coach Ken Hinkley, even if it ultimately decided to extend his contract.
The seven-time premiership player doesn‘t believe Power fans calling for Hinkley’s position to be re-examined are in the majority but urged the club to “stop promising the world and start delivering”.
The Power extended Hinkley‘s contract in August off the back of a stunning second half of the season where his side went on a 13 game winning streak but Fiacchi, who was also a Port Adelaide board member, it was a “strange decision” given the Power’s recent finals performances.
Pressure is set to mount once more at Alberton with Hinkley forced to defend his side‘s finals record with the loss to GWS on Saturday night their fifth sudden-death final defeat under Hinkley since 2014........
Wow, thanks for speaking up AFTER he gets his 3rd or 4th undeserved contract extension and breaks every record for longevity of shitness. Nice work dickhead.

So George has now publicly said it. Timmy has said it live on Radio. Tredders obviously.

Common denominator: all winners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back