• Saints

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder to all:
  • Visiting other team boards to troll is not tolerated (here or elsewhere)
  • Do not respond to trolls - it just makes our cleanup job harder. Report and ignore please.
  • Do not post identifiable screenshots of profiles or posts here for the sake of mockery
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
underwhelmed with the last half.....NM first to the ball in the 3rd quarter.

I'm someone who has always rated Sharman, understand he can be polarising, just hope he gets a good run in the forward line.

NM had a real crack which is good for the boys to play against.

Great to watch Wilson and Henry.

We had a few out but need to be deep enough to cope with that.
Coops is classy , but he’s a KPF so it upsets some people sometimes. Anyone who was listening to J Roo’s comments about him would know that. Spoke glowingly about his contest marking.

Also let’s remember how good his actual goal kicking is.

Schoenmaker or Cordy for round one?

Does McClellan get the call up for Webster?

Do Crouch and/or Jones get up for round one? Do they get picked.

Going to be a few debutants for round one you'd think.

Hard to pick a team. Wilson surely remains in. Schoenmaker was very good. Collard (no fault of his own) got no chances to show anything. Garcia has great effort but isn't strong enough yet.

Cordy in
Howard out.

Battle in
Webster out.

If Crouch, Jones and/or Windhager are fit
Garcia and/or Ross out.

Schoenmaker (26 man squad)
Caminiti out (26 man squad).
Campbell out (26 man squad).
Collard out (26 man squad).

Absolutely dominated first half. Should have been 10 goals up at half time, minimum.

Wilson is a lock for round 1. Back him for rising star.

Ari made plenty of mistakes but like him.

King calling for 10 weeks for Jimmy. We will be the example as per usual.

Hawkins minimum 6 goals now. Backline rooted.

The commentators are all doing their best to get a big suspension for Webster calling it one of the worst hits they have ever seen.

The opposite to when Maynard KO'd Brayshaw last year and they were all doing their best to get him off with just a slap on the wrist.
Can't agree with you there. Maynard was a legit smother attempt.

I don't get how Brayshaw didn't see him coming same took no protective action? I mean he was right in front of his face FFS.

ROUND 1

B: Stocker - Wilkie - Bonner
HB: Wang.-Mil. - Battle* - Sinclair*
C: Hill - Crouch* - Wood
HF: Henry - Sharman - Phillipou
F: Membrey - King - Owens
Foll: Marshall - Steele - Ross

Int*: Wilson Cordy Higgins Byrnes Windhager

Em: Caminiti Garcia Schoenmaker
*injury permitting.
**sub unconfirmed

Last edited:
Can't agree with you there. Maynard was a legit smother attempt.

I don't get how Brayshaw didn't see him coming same took no protective action? I mean he was right in front of his face FFS.
Fair as they come Maynard 😂😂 didn’t have to initiate any contact at all

ROUND 1

B: Stocker - Wilkie - Bonner
HB: Wang.-Mil. - Battle - Sinclair*
C: Hill - Crouch* - Wood
HF: Henry - Sharman - Phillipou
F: Membrey - King - Owens
Foll: Marshall - Steele - Ross

Int*: Wilson Cordy Higgins Byrnes Windhager

Em
: Caminiti Garcia Schoenmaker
*injury permitting.
**sub unconfirmed
Sounds a certainty that Sincs will miss. Will have to get creative

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schoenmaker or Cordy for round one?

Does McClellan get the call up for Webster?

Do Crouch and/or Jones get up for round one? Do they get picked.

Going to be a few debutants for round one you'd think.
Cordy for mine. Plays the KPD role alright. Long term hopefully Schoenmaker can take the role over.
Stocker to play the Webster. Bonner onto the HBF with NWM and hopefully bring in Windhager who can go in mid and hbf.
Garcia holds spot if Sinclair or Crouch dont get up. Sub otherwise.
Collard sub if Garcia on field.
Jones will come back through VFL imo. Injury prone and needs to prove he can get through a couple of games.

Ben Long , Paddy Ryder the saints rule

If its Luke Hosge , Trent Cotchin nothing to see
C’mon mate. There’s no defending this one.

He’ll get a lengthy holiday, and he bloody well deserves to.

Maynard’s at least had plausible deniability.

Webster’s was abject thuggery. Shocking effort.

I'm not denying it was dumb from Webster with that late high hit but it still pisses me off when the commentators pick and choose which ones they go hard on to get a big suspension while going soft on others depending on what club is involved or what time of the year it is.

Maynard's late high hit on Brayshaw was thuggery too disguised as a smother but the commentators all fell over themselves to get him off.

Happy with todays game.

The recruits - Henry will prove to be an invaluable pickup. So creative. Bonner pickup has been a steal. Accumulates, reads the play and executes to elite levels. What did Port dislike? Can't see it yet.

Steele was my biggest take away from the match. Thought he was moving nicely, reading the play well, tacking like a boss and looked switched on. Back to his best would be massive.

NWM going from strength to strength
Wilson is ready to roll from day dot

Back six will look more how i want it come round the season proper.

Lots to like

I thought Wood was a bit meh today. A negative.

Henry and Bonner look like being great mature age recruits for us.

We were lucky that Henry chose to go to us just when he is looking like breaking out to be an A grade star and that Port delisted Bonner.

A lot of Freo and Port supporters aren't too happy that they lost them which says a lot about how good they are and could be for us.

I'm not denying it was dumb from Webster with that late high hit but it still pisses me off when the commentators pick and choose which ones they go hard on to get a big suspension while going soft on others depending on what club is involved or what time of the year it is.

Maynard's late high hit on Brayshaw was thuggery too disguised as a smother but the commentators all fell over themselves to get him off.

Henry and Bonner look like being great mature age recruits for us.

We were lucky that Henry chose to go to us just when he is looking like breaking out to be an A grade star and that Port delisted Bonner.

A lot of Freo and Port supporters aren't too happy that they lost them which says a lot about how good they are and could be for us.
It wasn’t “dumb”. It was a genuine dog act.

Jimmy has skirted the line a bit between “hard but fair” and sniping over the years, but has generally been a fairly clean albeit tough player.

This wasn’t that. 4 weeks minimum. I’m gonna guess 6.

Back