ABEFC hypocrisy once again rears its ugly head...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate.... Spot on!!!! Just no one on here wants to even talk about any issues other than Essendon...
  • A player on the front page of national paper doing lines...
  • 3 players who have actually tested positive to performance enhancing drugs....
  • A player still playing while facing multiple sexual assault charges...
  • Players charged with grievous bodily hard & others on assault charges...
  • Coaches assaulting members of the public...
  • AFL listed players caught betting on AFL games...
  • 6+ GCS players names in a ACC report...
  • AFL's GCS pin-up boy charged by the police with multiple drug related offenses
  • Any of these bring the game into disrepute???
All of the above with the exception of the 3 ASADA boys are criminal charges, yet the campaigners on here don’t care about that or the impact that these offences have on the innocent victims or society in general… where is the outrage here when compared to a weak circumstantial case the Essendon players are facing after the possible actions of one individual. And before you go on a rank about ‘it’s not weak’.. ‘it’s not circumstantial’, ‘stop deflecting’ think about the dot points about and get some balance in your view and outrage.
No cheating though? There's your problem. ;)

Why is the Bennell issue and discussion lighting up the radio stations, the online and print media with a balanced debate... yet not on here? Perhaps that says something about the balance of perspective that campaigners on here lack...

Seriously.... an elite AFL player on the front page of all the newspapers snorting lines.... nothing inherently new???

Im sure you would have the same view if it was one of the Essendon boys...
So if you are seeking balance, why aren't you tuning into the lit up radio stations and the balanced print & online debate? Curious?

Why is the Bennell issue and discussion lighting up the radio stations, the online and print media with a balanced debate... yet not on here? Perhaps that says something about the balance of perspective that campaigners on here lack...

Seriously.... an elite AFL player on the front page of all the newspapers snorting lines.... nothing inherently new???

Yeah, just the same if your club were doing all they can to obfuscate and cover their arses as they have done over their doping program.

I think you're looking really hard and finding something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today on the front page of The Courier Mail, we have photographic evidence of star Gold Coast Suns player Harley Bennell cutting up what appears to be cocaine. I went on bigfooty today naturally expecting outrage from such a strong community oriented group of posters. Instead to my disgust, not only is this news not on the front page of the main forum, I have come to find posts like these (please pardon the embellishment, as Caroline Wilson would say never let a false attribution get in the way of a good article).

Reality Check: This is not a stressful job, rather the opposite. We have comprehensive scientific evidence to support the fact that exercise and physical contests are the best way to relieve stress. In addition players are given unlimited support. Each club has ample therapists and they have more talent than any quack the average Joe goes to see.

Reality Check: While Bennell may have underestimated the addictive power of the drug he was taking, he definitely knew he should not in any form be involved with illicit drugs. The fact that he has chosen to ignore this shows he is arrogant and does not care about his job at all. His earnings come from a group of people who have invested a lot of money into the AFL's new club and wanting to see it grow and become successful. If he had mental issues he could have fronted up to the club about it clandestinely. Instead he's chosen to piss all that up against the wall to follow the white rabbit.

Reality Check: This is probably the worst thing about it. Days after you've taken this drug, your senses continue to be elevated and you can engage in physical contests with more fervor than when the drug is completely flushed out of your system. Admittedly in the long term cocaine use is not an effective performance enhancing drug regardless of whether you get caught or not, but that doesn't change the fact that he had an unfair advantage over his opposition for some of the games he played.

Now let's compare this to Jobe Watson's admission of being administered drug AOD-9604 back in 2013.

- It was not prohibited at the time it was administered.
- Even though its status as a banned substance was contentious, he did not lie about taking it.
- He never made the conscious choice to go out and find the drug, it was administered by the club and he took it in good faith.
- It is not a drug he took for recreational faces so he could slap the greater football community in the face and say "I don't care what you think I'm going on a bender". He took this as part of his job.

And the reaction on bigfooty?

Intensified abuse of the EFC.
agree with some of your thoughts
kb was right today you are a loser if you drink or gamble just snort it and blame mental illnesss

it is clear the afl is a covered up shop
- coke heads should be named and supported, and then shamed if they continue to go on and on

However it is also a fallacy that hird, reid, mcveigh hold senior roles

Today on the front page of The Courier Mail, we have photographic evidence of star Gold Coast Suns player Harley Bennell cutting up what appears to be cocaine. I went on bigfooty today naturally expecting outrage from such a strong community oriented group of posters. Instead to my disgust, not only is this news not on the front page of the main forum, I have come to find posts like these (please pardon the embellishment, as Caroline Wilson would say never let a false attribution get in the way of a good article).

Reality Check: This is not a stressful job, rather the opposite. We have comprehensive scientific evidence to support the fact that exercise and physical contests are the best way to relieve stress. In addition players are given unlimited support. Each club has ample therapists and they have more talent than any quack the average Joe goes to see.

Reality Check: While Bennell may have underestimated the addictive power of the drug he was taking, he definitely knew he should not in any form be involved with illicit drugs. The fact that he has chosen to ignore this shows he is arrogant and does not care about his job at all. His earnings come from a group of people who have invested a lot of money into the AFL's new club and wanting to see it grow and become successful. If he had mental issues he could have fronted up to the club about it clandestinely. Instead he's chosen to piss all that up against the wall to follow the white rabbit.

Reality Check: This is probably the worst thing about it. Days after you've taken this drug, your senses continue to be elevated and you can engage in physical contests with more fervor than when the drug is completely flushed out of your system. Admittedly in the long term cocaine use is not an effective performance enhancing drug regardless of whether you get caught or not, but that doesn't change the fact that he had an unfair advantage over his opposition for some of the games he played.

Now let's compare this to Jobe Watson's admission of being administered drug AOD-9604 back in 2013.

- It was not prohibited at the time it was administered.
- Even though its status as a banned substance was contentious, he did not lie about taking it.
- He never made the conscious choice to go out and find the drug, it was administered by the club and he took it in good faith.
- It is not a drug he took for recreational faces so he could slap the greater football community in the face and say "I don't care what you think I'm going on a bender". He took this as part of his job.

And the reaction on bigfooty?

Intensified abuse of the EFC.
You support Essendon and Collingwood...and Port all at once and you expect people to take this s**t seriously?
c0c1da94285771452fa12086eb94f98c.jpg

And FWIW, I still haven't found out WTF ABEFC stands for, FFS.

Anti Based Essendon Football Club - people who have an agenda against the great Essendon football club.

OP is a millionaire with a super model wife

Some people really struggle with the difference between a player doing a few lines and a club orchestrated injection program that's aim was to bend the WADA code.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back