Absolutely no luck

Remove this Banner Ad

rooboy_90

Club Legend
North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Jul 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Against Collingwood last week. So many kicks forward the ball fall into guys like Thomas/Cambell who scored some snap goals.

Today I thought we had no luck. So many inside 50's. Ball would fall to Sydney players nearly every bloody time.

But then again. I thought going forward we kicked to non percentage contests. Like Matty Campbell one on one. Or Thomas. Or Harvey.

Needed some taller timber down forward to crash the packs. Hale/Macintosh often lead too much. Instead of plonking themselves deep to contest.

An excellent point you've brang up. We have no forwards who's known for taking contested marks now. With edwards out, we need someone who can fill his role. Is Josh Smith able to take a pack mark? We are playing at FP so we might not need one.

It's the curse of the "write an article on a young player/players." WE saw it with Jake King after Round 1, and I think it happened a bit today. Our 2 small forwards tried hard, but nothing went right for them. Really hope they can bounce back, because if ever there was a team that runs is well out of their defence, and where the ball will be spoilt a lot, it's Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back