List Mgmt. Adams in no rush to re-sign

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't discount the Hawaii Hulas, he is currently visiting their training facility and they could front up with a strong trade offer (some talk of us including BISP in the trade to get Kauai from them)
What?

Taylor Adams' manager Scott Lucas said on SEN radio a few minutes ago there is "little to no chance of Adams remaining at GWS, and his preference is either Geelong or Collingwood - whoever can get the deal done".

Sounds like nothing will happen until next Friday, when the compo picks are done

every trade period is the same, a lot of talk for the first part, then a mad scramble in the last 2-3 days, I don't know why this trade period is 3 weeks?

it used to be 1 week, then they realised it was the same every year so they made it 3 days which worked really well, now because of the free agency stuff its 3 weeks, the AFL need to reduce it to 3 days again imo

every trade period is the same, a lot of talk for the first part, then a mad scramble in the last 2-3 days, I don't know why this trade period is 3 weeks?

it used to be 1 week, then they realised it was the same every year so they made it 3 days which worked really well, now because of the free agency stuff its 3 weeks, the AFL need to reduce it to 3 days again imo

I don't think it will get reduced, or at least not by that much.

The AFL love the extra press that comes from the constant speculation.

Now that it is looking likely Adams and Shaw will be involved in a swap, can anyone give me a summary on Adams' strengths and weaknesses? Cheers!

Now that it is looking likely Adams and Shaw will be involved in a swap, can anyone give me a summary on Adams' strengths and weaknesses? Cheers!

Nickname Bull, hard at it. Strength is his strength. Weakness is his inexperience. Hard at it, never a backward step big boost to your club going forward. You should be happy to get him.

IN gave a pretty good summary. He has serious brain snaps on and off field (suspension for a hit on Cooney, plus a bar brawl in Geelong). He's like Moloney or Rischitelli or even Swan, minus the elite running - will go hard at the ball like a bull at a gate, will get it, but not much finesse in congestion. It's either a handball (ok) or a bomb forward (eh). He's not that Simon Black-style player who can get the ball and weave it to someone in a better position. Should be a really solid player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it Pies fans are the only ones making a big deal of this??

IMO pies fans lost patience with the whole trade month saga towards the end and ended up taking out their frustrations on GWS and adams.

It seemed for the weeks leading up to trade week there were several very basic and obvious things that would happen

White for 2nd/3rd rounder - done in 1-2 days
Karnezis for 3rd/4th rounder - done in 1 day
Adams for Shaw - done in 3-4 days

Unfortunately these were highly unrealistic and as things dragged on for weeks without Collingwood getting a single player we grew restless. Losing two favorite sons in Thomas and Shaw really didn't help the mood and we were desperate for some good news which always seemed just around the corner.

I am in the minority but I think both clubs handled things well, both clubs were obviously very busy and in talks with numerous clubs at any one time but I was confident the deal would get done.

Media making up crap also really didn't help.

Anyway the saga is over now and let's hope both clubs can have positive trading relationships going forward

IMO pies fans lost patience with the whole trade month saga towards the end and ended up taking out their frustrations on GWS and adams.

It seemed for the weeks leading up to trade week there were several very basic and obvious things that would happen

White for 2nd/3rd rounder - done in 1-2 days
Karnezis for 3rd/4th rounder - done in 1 day
Adams for Shaw - done in 3-4 days

Unfortunately these were highly unrealistic and as things dragged on for weeks without Collingwood getting a single player we grew restless. Losing two favorite sons in Thomas and Shaw really didn't help the mood and we were desperate for some good news which always seemed just around the corner.

I am in the minority but I think both clubs handled things well, both clubs were obviously very busy and in talks with numerous clubs at any one time but I was confident the deal would get done.

Media making up crap also really didn't help.

Anyway the saga is over now and let's hope both clubs can have positive trading relationships going forward

Well I agree that the Media was playing Funny Buggers making it sound like the Adams Trade was getting Further and Further Away from Actually Happening. Which we found out to be False

adams will be nuts to go to the pies he would have a hard time getting in there best 22..
first round pick an harry o of he goes to the pies bombers first round pick (got to get one) an gummy
tigers first round pick nahas thats my take on the 3 clubs that won't him..
two picks are worthless we are not in need of a 2rd or 3rd round pick player an pick ....

He Looks Best 22 In the NAB Challenge game he played vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back