Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

poor aaron hall.

Have you ever met anyone that is content with life, stop and say,' hmmm, you know what I could do with now, some religion.'

Broken people looking for forgiveness

Well, he’s listening to the mirror headed interrogater from Watchmen, so he’s doomed.

I don't think that other religion even got a mention during the institutional child abuse royal commission.

But to be sure, which one are you referring to?

It wasn't included in the scope of the commission

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People in general were tougher back then.

Not totally. A lot of it has to do with the group of course. That was a very senior team at the peak of its powers with leaders, tough pricks and strong characters everywhere.

The half-back line alone was Hardwick-Wallis-Solomon! Lol

It was very much a team cut in Sheedy’s image, I imagine there’d be similar groups these days. Perhaps the Crows just weren’t one of them. Or maybe their camp was just very, very poorly run.

without knowing exactly what happened at the camp, it seems apparent they were trying to build some kind of mental resilience in the group

this is the part that pisses me off the most because the group had a legitimate tragedy happen to them all only 2 and a bit years earlier with Phil Walsh - They'd already gone through that kind of bonding and emotional stress

this is the part that pisses me off the most because the group had a legitimate tragedy happen to them all only 2 and a bit years earlier with Phil Walsh - They'd already gone through that kind of bonding and emotional stress

Just imagine if the Crows had been able to convince Worsfold to take over instead.

From all accounts he's a good person to have at your club.

It's not like Christian values are awful, plenty of people send their kids to schools to be taught Judeo-Christian values.

Reality is 80-90% of Christians are actually great people who genuinely care about others and can be excellent in their chosen field, then there's the 10-20% who are not.
So pretty much like people in general. It's not the religion it's people.

Except Essendon only lost 1 game for the entire season on their way to the flag in 2000. I'd guess that they might have had a different, better play book :p
And a different mental approach. It’s amazing the difference 18 years makes (in terms of toughness and expectations).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back