Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Current issues faced by AFC have almost nothing to do with the actual camp itself. From a player perspective it’s entirely about personal grievances stemming from the camp being completely ignored /glossed over by the club. Given the way it was handled in the aftermath it’s not hard to see why half the playing group thinks the club doesn’t give two shits about them as people.

If Burton & co fronted the playing group, put their hands up and admitted they screwed up there wouldn’t even be an issue at present. The desperate attempts from those behind the scenes to save face at the expense of the players has led to this current state of affairs. It’s a recipe for disaster when a club has people in power who prioritise remaining untouchable themselves over the club itself.

The fact no heads have rolled after two whole years of discontent speaks volumes. Just an extremely poorly run club that’s doomed for a long stint in the wilderness unless a full scale clean out occurs after the review.
Well said.

A full clean out of the footy department is needed for this club to move forward. How Burton survived past 2018 is beyond me. It's absolute proof that Adelaide is a boys club with no accountability. Don Pyke was one of the few people at the club with enough integrity to fall on his sword. The rest of them are all hiding under a rock waiting for the storm to pass.

All of this stems from weak leadership at board level. Make no mistake, Rob Chapman, Andrew Fagan and Mark Ricciuto are malignant tumours that needed to be removed yesterday. Crows members have no agency to remove board members though so we are essentially stuck with these * sticks until public opinion turns against them so badly they can't go out in public without being heckled by angry fans. I can't see them leaving for any other reason.

AndyD

Club Legend
Dec 23, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
NDA's in this situation wouldn't be worth the paper they're written on if there is any whiff of abuse misconduct, lack of care or irresponsibility from those who conducted the camp. NDA's aren't valid ways of covering up damaging personal experiences - the intention of NDA's is to protect the interests of relevant parties when a settlement or agreement has been reached. They can't be used to prevent somebody from taking action against an offender, and they can't be agreed to before the fact, otherwise the players wouldn't know what they were going to be prevented from revealing. I'm not saying this means anything in the context of the Adelaide camp, but one would hope that players haven't been threatened legally regarding their experiences on the camp. They have every right to tell their story. Collective Minds might try to shut it down by accusing them of unauthorised sharing of intellectual property, but if a player wanted to tell their specific grievances regarding how they were treated by CM, no court would uphold an NDA on such flimsy grounds. The emphasis would be on the players' experience, not the theory behind CM's program.

After the Essendon saga, anybody involved with, or knowledge of, introducing NDA’s to a playing group needs to be sacked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Current issues faced by AFC have almost nothing to do with the actual camp itself. From a player perspective it’s entirely about personal grievances stemming from the camp being completely ignored /glossed over by the club. Given the way it was handled in the aftermath it’s not hard to see why half the playing group thinks the club doesn’t give two shits about them as people.

If Burton & co fronted the playing group, put their hands up and admitted they screwed up there wouldn’t even be an issue at present. The desperate attempts from those behind the scenes to save face at the expense of the players has led to this current state of affairs. It’s a recipe for disaster when a club has people in power who prioritise remaining untouchable themselves over the club itself.

The fact no heads have rolled after two whole years of discontent speaks volumes. Just an extremely poorly run club that’s doomed for a long stint in the wilderness unless a full scale clean out occurs after the review.

Agree with everything you've said here mate.

Since Tippett and the sanctions we received, it has become increasingly clear that the playing group, and on-field success, is not the dominant priority of the AFC hierarchy.

The main concern is self preservation and maintaining a relatively sound financial position - to the detriment of the actual footy department performance.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Well said.

A full clean out of the footy department is needed for this club to move forward. How Burton survived past 2018 is beyond me. It's absolute proof that Adelaide is a boys club with no accountability. Don Pyke was one of the few people at the club with enough integrity to fall on his sword. The rest of them are all hiding under a rock waiting for the storm to pass.

All of this stems from weak leadership at board level. Make no mistake, Rob Chapman, Andrew Fagan and Mark Ricciuto are malignant tumours that needed to be removed yesterday. Crows members have no agency to remove board members though so we are essentially stuck with these fu** sticks until public opinion turns against them so badly they can't go out in public without being heckled by angry fans. I can't see them leaving for any other reason.
It’s sad but hitting them where it hurts (in the pockets) is the only real way for members to force change. Hope for your sake the review is extensive and transparent enough for their positions to become untenable upon the findings being released.

Unfortunately I got a feeling that’s unlikely as I can see the review being compromised just enough as to not lead down the path where losing their jobs becomes a recommendation. Hope I’m wrong for your sake but that’s just my gut feel. Like you said it’s a tumour and we all know how tumours work. The longer they’re left untreated the bigger they get and the harder they are to remove by any method.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
It’s sad but hitting them where it hurts (in the pockets) is the only real way for members to force change. Hope for your sake the review is extensive and transparent enough for their positions to become untenable upon the findings being released.

Unfortunately I got a feeling that’s unlikely as I can see the review being compromised just enough as to not lead down the path where losing their jobs becomes a recommendation. Hope I’m wrong for your sake but that’s just my gut feel. Like you said it’s a cancer and we all know how cancer works. The more it’s left untreated the more it spreads and grows roots and the harder it is to remove by any method.
Agreed. I've already stopped giving money to the club and I've urged others to do the same over on our board.

Regarding your other point, the administration is not actually under review iirc. I think it's scope has been limited to the footy department. The issues of weak leadership at board level are not going to resolved due to the review, regardless of whatever bullshit Roo has to say about it. That pale faced, weasily campaigner Chapman actually said he was planning to retire soon but it's been crickets ever since. I bet you he waits for the review to end and negative public sentiment to die down and quietly cancels his retirement. These assholes won't ever give up their positions. They're a bunch of parasites.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide

Unfortunately I got a feeling that’s unlikely as I can see the review being compromised just enough as to not lead down the path where losing their jobs becomes a recommendation. Hope I’m wrong for your sake but that’s just my gut feel. Like you said it’s a tumour and we all know how tumours work. The longer they’re left untreated the bigger they get and the harder they are to remove by any method.

According to the Executive/Management who have taken us from disaster to disaster, and destroyed 2 premiership Windows (Tippett-gate and 2018), we should all relax - they are obviously the best people to get us out of the giant bucket of s**t... that they put us in.

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The bullshit line that adelaide choked on grand final day should be put to bed forever.
Adelaide were +279 in 2nd qtrs throughout 2017. By far the best differential for any team and any quarter in the comp. The tiges upped their pressure rating from 190 to an unheard of 228 in the 2nd.
It was a calculated move that disrupted the crows mindset and game plan.
Salty flogs who just couldn't accept that the tigers were actually bloody good decided to stick the boots into both the tiges and crows.
Since then its been shown that we are a good team and the crows were simply beaten by a better team on the day.
A record breaking team that won 22 games straight at the mcg and 2 flags in 3 years.
No shame in that at all.

Last edited:
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
The bullshit line that adelaide choked on grand final day should be put to bed forever.
Adelaide were +279 in 2nd qtrs throughout 2017. By far the best differential for any team and any quarter in the comp. The tiges upped their pressure rating from 190 to an unheaed of 228 in the 2nd.
Salty flogs who just couldn't accept that the tigers were actually bloody good decided to stick the boots into both of the tiges and crows.
Since then its been shown that we are a good team and the crows were simply beaten by a better team on the day.
A record breaking team that won 22 games straight at the mcg and 2 flags in 3 years.
No shame in that at all.
This is a thread about Adelaide.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Well duh. A lot of s**t has been heaped on the crows and on the club and tbh i reckon it's incorrect
The Crows deserve all of the s**t that's been coming their way these past 2 years. Yes Richmond played well in the GF but it has nothing to do with the totally ridiculous way our club handled the aftermath. All of that is on Adelaide.

Anyway I know concern trolling when I see it. You don't actually care about what you wrote in that post. You're just using this as an opportunity to jerk off over your own club.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Adelaide were +279 in 2nd qtrs throughout 2017. By far the best differential for any team and any quarter in the comp. The tiges upped their pressure rating from 190 to an unheard of 228 in the 2nd.
Salty flogs who just couldn't accept that the tigers were actually bloody good decided to stick the boots into both the tiges and crows.
No shame in that at all.
Jerk off on the richmond board mate. We come here to laugh about the crows camp

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I bet you he waits for the review to end and negative public sentiment to die down and quietly cancels his retirement. These assholes won't ever give up their positions. They're a bunch of parasites.
Sorry for the self quote but I ******* called it. Chapman said today that he's staying on another year. Lmao.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
No shame in that at all.

I’ve been posting this for ages. We didn’t fail to turn up, we were run into the ground, pure and simple. We were overly tall and lacked flexibility. If you watch the first quarter of your game against us at AO early in the year you see how susceptible we were to pressure. Teams flogged us doing that but your crew stopped working after the quarter time break. Unfortunately, you were never going to stop on GF day.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Can someone tl;dr exactly what the rumours are on what happened on this camp?
I am genuinely in the dark on this whole saga and cbf reading through 24 pages.

Cheers :)
We don't know for sure. We might have to wait a bit to hear the full story from the players.

So far these are the rumours I've heard....

- In front of the leadership group, Burton apparently shared a private conversation he had with Jacobs regarding his deceased brother, culminating with him asking "how would your brother feel if he saw the GF in 2017?"
- They didn't allow players to contact their loved ones while on the camp, which offended Eddie Betts wife who was heavily pregnant at the time.
- They conducted some kind of indigenous ritual and misused a "speaking stick" which offended our indigenous players.
- They left the players stranded in a desert without their phones.
- They strapped the players naked to a tree.
- They held a fake hi-jacking of the team bus, which traumatised one of our players enough to make him pee his pants.

Now according to the club, some of this is bullshit being peddled by the media. I know some of it has to be true though. I'd speculate the first 4 things on that list sound pretty plausible.

We don't know for sure. We might have to wait a bit to hear the full story from the players.

So far these are the rumours I've heard....

- In front of the leadership group, Burton apparently shared a private conversation he had with Jacobs regarding his deceased brother, culminating with him asking "how would your brother feel if he saw the GF in 2017?"
- They didn't allow players to contact their loved ones while on the camp, which offended Eddie Betts wife who was heavily pregnant at the time.
- They conducted some kind of indigenous ritual and misused a "speaking stick" which offended our indigenous players.
- They left the players stranded in a desert without their phones.
- They strapped the players naked to a tree.
- They held a fake hi-jacking of the team bus, which traumatised one of our players enough to make him pee his pants.

Now according to the club, some of this is bullshit being peddled by the media. I know some of it has to be true though. I'd speculate the first 4 things on that list sound pretty plausible.
Wow that is completely ****ed up if even any of it is true

Thanks for posting

Back