Preview Adelaide Vs Melbourne @ AAMI Stadium, Round 22, 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last game at AAMI. Otherwise nothing to talk about here as Essendon just casually go to war with the AFL.

Melbourne
Round 1: Port Adelaide 19.19 (133) defeated Melbourne 8.6 (54)
Round 2: Essendon 28.16 (184) defeated Melbourne 5.6 (36)
Round 3: West Coast 27.15 (177) defeated Melbourne 13.5 (83)
Round 4: Melbourne 22.12 (144) defeated Greater Western Sydney 15.13 (103)
Round 5: Brisbane 17.20 (122) defeated Melbourne 14.10 (94)
Round 6: Carlton 18.13 (121) defeated Melbourne 8.12 (60)
Round 7: Gold Coast 16.18 (114) defeated Melbourne 7.12 (54)
Round 8: Richmond 15.16 (106) defeated Melbourne 11.6 (72)
Round 9: Fremantle 19.16 (130) defeated Melbourne 6.4 (40)
Round 10: Hawthorn 21.17 (143) defeated Melbourne 6.12 (48)
Round 11: Collingwood 17.20 (122) defeated Melbourne 5.9 (39)
Round 12: Bye
Round 13: St Kilda 16.8 (104) defeated Melbourne 10.9 (69)
Round 14: Melbourne 15.13 (103) defeated Footscray 15.10 (100)
Round 15: Sydney 16.20 (116) defeated Melbourne 13.7 (85)
Round 16: Geelong 13.20 (98) defeated Melbourne 4.6 (30)
Round 17: Brisbane 13.16 (94) defeated Melbourne 11.9 (75)
Round 18: North Melbourne 22.18 (150) defeated Melbourne 4.4 (28)
Round 19: Greater Western Sydney 19.10 (124) defeated Melbourne 12.15 (87)
Round 20: Gold Coast 13.12 (90) defeated Melbourne 10.17 (77)
Round 21: Fremantle 20.13 (133) defeated Melbourne 5.8 (38)

Dead srs this season has been one great big copypasta, except for about two, three, maybe four weeks. Again, not nearly enough players showing heart in defeat to a very good side, but I suppose when we have nothing to play for really they're just going to go through the motions.

Players to Watch
Jack Viney: Not since his game in round one have I seen someone best on by an absolute mile, and funnily enough it was the same bloke who streeted every single Melbourne player on Sunday afternoon. He was terrific - 28 disposals, five tackles, four clearances, and showed heart like Melbourne players should.

Jack Trengove: An encouraging return to form, collecting 27 touches on the weekend. The co-captain has had a tough year but if he can continue his form for the remainder of the season he will be able to build a platform to go on with it in 2014.

Dean Kent: Didn't mind his game on the weekend, doesn't need too many touches to impact a game but what he has, just like Jack Viney, is heart. On the weekend, Kent had 14 touches, but he was able to generate eight inside 50s and also kicked a goal; reward for effort.

Adelaide
Round 1: Essendon 18.9 (117) defeated Adelaide 11.16 (82)
Round 2: Adelaide 14.12 (96) defeated Brisbane 10.17 (77)
Round 3: Port Adelaide 17.16 (118) defeated Adelaide 16.13 (109)
Round 4: Adelaide 12.8 (80) defeated Footscray 4.4 (28)
Round 5: Carlton 17.13 (115) defeated Adelaide 12.11 (83)
Round 6: Hawthorn 13.11 (89) defeated Adelaide 11.12 (78)
Round 7: Adelaide 29.13 (187) defeated Greater Western Sydney 7.10 (52)
Round 8: Adelaide 12.15 (87) defeated St Kilda 6.11 (47)
Round 9: Adelaide 18.17 (125) defeated North Melbourne 19.10 (124)
Round 10: Fremantle 10.6 (66) defeated Adelaide 8.11 (59)
Round 11: Sydney 19.13 (127) defeated Adelaide 6.14 (50)
Round 12: Richmond 16.14 (110) defeated Adelaide 10.12 (72)
Round 13: Bye
Round 14: Adelaide 16.15 (111) defeated Gold Coast 11.17 (83)
Round 15: West Coast 11.9 (75) defeated Adelaide 9.15 (69)
Round 16: Collingwood 17.9 (111) defeated Adelaide 12.12 (84)
Round 17: Adelaide 14.10 (94) defeated Geelong 14.8 (92)
Round 18: Fremantle 11.9 (75) defeated Adelaide 7.11 (53)
Round 19: Port Adelaide 17.5 (107) defeated Adelaide 15.13 (103)
Round 20: Adelaide 11.13 (79) defeated North Melbourne 10.10 (70)
Round 21: Footscray 20.11 (131) defeated Adelaide 17.12 (114)

Adelaide have been pretty disappointing this year and will be very keen to end their tenure at AAMI Stadium on a high (and who knows, given the way we've been playing this year, they may win by a similar amount to the first time they played there - an 86 point thrashing of Hawthorn in round 1, 1991). With injuries to Taylor Walker and Patrick Dangerfield at critical times of their campaign, as well as the loss of Kurt Tippett which has hurt the club this year, its been a season to forget after coming oh so close to the big dance last year.

Players to Watch
Brad Crouch: The kid's a freak. Only played 12 games for the year but Crouch has averaged 24 touches a game. Despite playing eight less games, that is more than Jaeger O'Meara's average of 21 per game, so he deserves a lot more recognition than what he currently gets. For him to slot straight into a midfield which (at its best) is one of the most dangerous in the competition is testament to Crouch's ability.

Tom Lynch: The man who's filled the void left by Taylor Walker is actually more of a pushing half forward type, who has shown an ability to get the ball (17 touches on the weekend) as well as kicking goals (10 against GWS, 33 goals from 17 games this year). I would presume Colin Garland will get the role on Lynch this weekend.

Patrick Dangerfield: Goes without saying really, although Danger collected 16 on the weekend, this game looms as an easy kill. I think McKenzie will get the job on him but he may be assisted much like he was when he took the tag on Gary Ablett... and succeeded.

Prediction
Well this is the last game for us at AAMI Stadium, as both Adelaide and Port Adelaide are to move into Adelaide Oval for 2014. With a 5-23 record at AAMI, and no wins since 2001, all I can say is, good riddance.

After our round 2 loss to Essendon, sportsbet (I think) had us at $501 to win this game, I nearly chucked $2000 on it but I thought it's just going to be a waste of money.

If we win I'm not sure if I'll be happy or if I'm going to jump off the west gate.

After our round 2 loss to Essendon, sportsbet (I think) had us at $501 to win this game, I nearly chucked $2000 on it but I thought it's just going to be a waste of money.

If we win I'm not sure if I'll be happy or if I'm going to jump off the west gate.

I could be wrong, but I believe those odds were for us to win our FIRST game against the crows

In: D.Rodan, J.Frawley, C.Dawes, C.Pedersen, J.Toumpas
Out: S.Byrnes (foot), J.Strauss (shoulder), S.Blease (ankle), J.Fitzpatrick (concussion), T.Davis

Boring stuff. Toumpas gets a game on the back of 30 possession in a flogging in the VFL, but Magner can't get a game after 50+ disposals, and Taggert cant get a game after 5 goals?

Was really hoping Taggert would get a go. Seemed like a perfect replacement for Byrnes.

Disappointing about Fitz too.

Sorry to intrude, but has Magner had a fight with the coach or something? Because I remember him being a decent player last year and 51 possesions at any level is nothing to scoff at.

******* stupid changes. And I say that completely without regret.

What was there to lose by playing Davis, why the hell does Rodan get a game and not Magner.

Joke.

******* stupid changes. And I say that completely without regret.

What was there to lose by playing Davis, why the hell does Rodan get a game and not Magner.

Joke.

There's 4 injury forced changes and Rodan is in for Byrnes as replacement small forward, they aren't stupid changes*.

*Obviously Pedersen in is stupid but that goes without saying.

Thanks for the interview Craig but f*** off

Dawes and Frawey in, so Fitz (inj) Davis out makes sense, but what the F is Pedersen in for?

And no Manger is just getting beyond a joke.

There's 4 injury forced changes and Rodan is in for Byrnes as replacement small forward, they aren't stupid changes*.

Magner 51 touches, Taggert 5 goals. Neither gets a gig.

Dean Kent and Arron Davey are enough small forwards, we need hard midfielders like Magner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fuming Magner and Taggert weren't given games this weekend. Hell, neither were listed as emergencies even (and ******* Jetta and Bail are after some mediocre form in the VFL). 51 touches and 5 goals are both very good contributions, even against a bad side and both those guys have been consistently playing well, at least that's what the Casey review's say.

They pulled out of contesting Clibsy's tribunal charge so he could play VFL finals, but now give Toumpas and Pedersen games - which will make them both ineligible?

They paid to upgrade Magner, and wont use him? Taggert will be VFL eligible either way, but no debut?

What the * is the point of picking Rodan and Pedersen? Rodan surely will retire this year, and Pedersen is as dense as lump of wood. Would much rather see Gawn replace Fitzpatrick. I don't mind seeing Toumpas in for his first game in South Australia, hopefully it revs him up. Also why drop Davis? Surely this means he's going to be delisted. Would have made more sense to give him until the end of the season to show what he can do, and maybe even play him as a defender like he's intended to be.

And don't even get me started on Rory Taggert. Couldn't have played much better last week, deserved to be the one to replace Byrnes. If we drop him from the list after he's been nothing but promising in the VFL...

Guess we're prioritizing Casey's finals tilt?

Staggered at the lack of Taggert and Magner. Only thing I can think of is they were playing Bendigo Gold who are horrible, so maybe their performances weren't as impressive as the stats suggested...

We are going to continue to get run off the park until we lose this obsession with talls/players who cant last in the midfield (granted we have a week list of mids but that's not the point here).

And is anyone able to confirm that this game makes Toumpas in eligible for Casey finals? I would give genuine thought to Casey finals being better experience than a couple more senior games at this stage of his career.

Magner missing out despite our lack of midfield players and Pedersen getting a game despite having an adequate amount of talls already.... Craig still receiving selection suggestions from Neeld?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back