Advantages in Getting out of Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Your not being fair in comparing Collingwoods travel to Ports! why don`t you do some research and compare Collingwoods travel to other Victorian clubs? or is that too much trouble..... its much easier to have a go at The Pies isn`t it!

Have a look at your games at AMMI, you have appart from when you play the Cows
80 to 90 % crowd support!
You are the home team appart from the Darby against the Cows!
We have,
With Carlscum, Essendscum and Bitchmond no matter where any of the 4 clubs finish the previous year we MUST play each other twice, with now mostly 50/50% crowd support. How fair is that to the Scum from Puspot oval, they must play last years Grand Finalist twice and the previous years as well twice. Just as the Pies did in 2000 after finishing last in 1999, we had to play Carlscum (2nd1999) and Essenscum (3rd1999) twice.
Also we have 10 clubs in Victoria with 6 outside of Vic, the most we could travel is 6 times!
Let me ask you all and please answer this with honesty when was the last time Port played the Pies in Melbourne?

Originally posted by tess
Let me ask you all and please answer this with honesty when was the last time Port played the Pies in Melbourne?
1999. We'd love more Melbourne games, but the AFL decide to send us to Perth and Brisbane every year instead.

In true brainless Pie supporter tradition, tess, you have totally missed the point. Or tried to evade it; which seeing as your president is the king of doublespeak may not be too far from the truth. There is no perceived advantage in playing at home, or there shouldn't be. And you should be more aware of this,after all you beat the Cows in 2002, nearly beat us in the H/A and won the final against us. The point is if you play Essendon for instance in an away match you get to see your team play. If we play Essendon in an away match we don't necessarily have the time or the money to get there. And there may be 10 teams in Victoria, although some will die out when the money dries up, but that doesn't mean your team should have only 4 games outside Victoria in 2002 and 4 in 2003.
And what about the longer trips. In 2002 and 2003 we will have gone to WA 3 times, once to Brissie, once to York Park and once to Sydney. Where will you have gone? Twice to WA and once to Brissie. Sydney doesn't count for Victorian clubs as a long trip as it's much the same as Adelaide to Victoria.

IF you must insist that some other research take place, here it is. I notice you did not attempt to give us any figures. I assume that was because you were afraid they would show that there were favoured teams and that Collingwood was one of them.

Richmond has 5 games outside of Victoria.
Kangaroos have 7. 2 are home games at Manuka.
St Kilda have 7. 2 are home games at York park.
Essendon has 4 games outside Victoria.
Carlton also has only 4 outside Victoria.
Melbourne has 5 outside Victoria.
Hawthorn has 6. 2 are home games at York Park.
Western Bulldogs have 6. 1 is a home game at Sydney.
Geelong have 5 games outside Victoria.

I have to admit to being confused over this one. Wayne Jackson comes out and says that teams should travel to the regional centres.
Does this mean that Melbourne has become a regional centre?
If this is so why does anybody have to play there during the H&A season?
To me it is a case of shooting your mouth off without thinking about the implications.

This year the preseason comp has proved to be a wipe out. All teams have to play 4 matches. Add this to the H&A and get 26 matches. Has to be fairer than what it is now. Then Victorian teams have to go to Gabba, WA twice. If the AFL do not want to extend the season Victorian teams should only get 3pts for a win and other states 4pts.

The other factor that we have seen in the preseason is terrible umpiring and umpires getting it wrong. The incident last night of going across a mark is not a new rule. At the time of the game that it happened it could have changed the result.

Sooner or later the AFL has to bite the bullet and make the competition fairer and fix up rules. Unless the AFL see that they have a real problem with the Victorian teams seemingly getting it easy, fans will disappear.

Originally posted by tess
Your not being fair in comparing Collingwoods travel to Ports! why don`t you do some research and compare Collingwoods travel to other Victorian clubs? or is that too much trouble.....

That's easy.......Collingwood have had the least travelling to interstate than any other Melbourne club over the last two years and this season it continues.............

Good to see you've never done any research into it as if you had you wouldn't have had to ask and would have kept right out of this discussion considering the lack of travel Collingwood have had compared to other Melbourne based clubs.......:rolleyes:

Originally posted by footballphantom
Unless the AFL see that they have a real problem with the Victorian teams seemingly getting it easy, fans will disappear.

I have to agree with you on that one. For the first 5 years of the Power I was a diehard supporter,one of the first to renew my membership and certain I would remain a Power supporter till my dying day. Now I have reservations about supporting the Power, and the only reason for that is the unfairness of the AFL draw and the soft run the big 3 get in Victoria. Actually they are the big 2 now because Carlton v. anyone games are no longer blockbusters.

Well it's shame you have some doubts about supporting the PAFC. I agree that there are some inequities in the AFL but I suspected that before we went in. And there are other clubs who have overcome them. We won't overcome them unless we concentrate all our support to the one goal, in my view.

Well it's shame you have some doubts about supporting the PAFC. I agree that there are some inequities in the AFL but I suspected that before we went in. And there are other clubs who have overcome them. We won't overcome them unless we concentrate all our support to the one goal, in my view.

I have no doubts about supporting PAFC but

I cannot see the game live anymore. (There used to be footy parties where the opposing sides used to do battle in the lounge room)

I could not afford to go to a game if I am in Adelaide or Melbourne.

The internet on AFL site is not up to standard.

I never know what way the tribunal os going to go this week.

The draw is rubbish with no set way of working it out.

What the AFL have to realise is that if people have to go back to following footy by the results in the paper then you loose interest.
That is all I am saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back