List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. I reckon he's ready-made for the 1's. Ranked 11th in the league for one-percenters per game. Not someone who opposition forwards are going to relish seeing come to them before the bounce IMO.

Will be interesting to see what roles the crows see him performing.

He wont be a s good. But he'll be like Ben Hart use to be. Someone that can play tall small or on the mediums.

Is capable against the 3rd tall options,
the Eddie Betts smalls
or the medium Brendan Goddard Jack Ziebell types.

Agree. I reckon he's ready-made for the 1's. Ranked 11th in the league for one-percenters per game. Not someone who opposition forwards are going to relish seeing come to them before the bounce IMO.

Will be interesting to see what roles the crows see him performing.
Cheney seems a similar type to Goldsack maybe he could be a bit of a swingman used as a 3rd key defender or defensive forward i like this pick up a lot!

Whilst the Crows and Noble have toyed with us until the last second - on the whole it is a reasonable end result.

In order of importance;
  1. None of our key players wanted out.
  2. None of our solid players wanted out.
  3. We kept a first and second round pick.
  4. Lowden provides better back up than Graham in ruck.
  5. Lowden provides better back up than SMack in forward/ruck.
  6. Cheney is the anti-Reilly. Can play the same role, but has heart and desire.
  7. Cheney is better than Reilly and will be the type of player Walsh likes.
  8. Our 3rd and 4th round picks are very reasonable positions for 3rd and 4th round picks.
  9. Our recruiting team actually get a chance put their work to the test.
  10. We still have the option of unsigned free agents like Robinson if we want.
Not a big fish, or anything noteworthy, but solid work on the whole.

People suggesting our first round selection will still be there at 14. Could we be looking at taking Nakia Cockatoo at 14? Amazing move if we do that IMO.
Havent hears much about nakia cockatoo bit do you reckon he would be classed as a steal if we got him.

Cheney lessens the need for Reilly, LT and Shaw to play again which is a big tick. Just because the Hawks dont want someone doesn't make them a dud. Aggressive player too which we lack in defence.

Lowden was a must get and a definite upgrade on Gus. No superstar by any means but not a bad deal for us.

The changing of picks 10 and 31 to 14 and 35 means flog all. We would have a group of players who we expect to be around and will still get them. Upgrading our last 2 picks suggests more delisting to come.

Plus KE I was right about Lyons...... ;)

We were always going to have to give up something for a ruckman and a KPD.

We addressed a couple of needs with pick 31 I think its worth a roll of the dice.

Plus they are youngish too.

Problem is that Cheney isnt a KPD. He's a 187cm. Hes not even a 3rd tall, but more a medium defender. Surely he will be used to release Hendo/Smith to a more permanent midfield role..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheney is great 12 month cover for Otten and then the succession plan for Reilly....Happy with that!

I'd be surprised if Cheney didn't turn out to be a really solid HBF for us to enable Smith to play mid-field.

Reilly is by far a better player than Luke Thompson, so for me LT is the one that has to go to enable 4 draft picks plus Cameron upgrade.

Havent hears much about nakia cockatoo bit do you reckon he would be classed as a steal if we got him.

It would be a risk, but possibly with massive reward. A few weeks ago he was rated as a late 3rd round pick. But late in the season he played really well and also really impressed at the combine. It will be interesting to see how early someone is willing to pounce but he looks very exciting.

BS we did. The fact that we gave up pick 31 at the 11th hour for 2 guys who aren't in hawthorns first choice 26 would mean hawthirn held fast and we caved in.
you sir have no idea id say you keep raving on about he only played 3 games in 6 years have alook who he needed to displace too play and also jacobs had played stuff all when we drafted him so on your logic we shouldnt of drafted him either shows the people doing the job know a bit more than you do

Overall a decent effort given the cards we had to play with.

All we missed out on was a mature KPD.

I'm sure we will target KPD in the ND, but which mature ones are available to shore up the defence?

Whilst the Crows and Noble have toyed with us until the last second - on the whole it is a reasonable end result.

In order of importance;
  1. None of our key players wanted out.
  2. None of our solid players wanted out.
  3. We kept a first and second round pick.
  4. Lowden provides better back up than Graham in ruck.
  5. Lowden provides better back up than SMack in forward/ruck.
  6. Cheney is the anti-Reilly. Can play the same role, but has heart and desire.
  7. Cheney is better than Reilly and will be the type of player Walsh likes.
  8. Our 3rd and 4th round picks are very reasonable positions for 3rd and 4th round picks.
  9. Our recruiting team actually get a chance put their work to the test.
  10. We still have the option of unsigned free agents like Robinson if we want.
Not a big fish, or anything noteworthy, but solid work on the whole.

Massive NO to Robinson. Are people seroiusly harping on about him? Jesus ****ing Christ drop it already, he's garbage and not worth the cap space or a spot on our list. We have better players waiting for a game (Lyons/Grigg/Kerridge)

However do agree with you in all other points. Hopefully Hendo has a injury free pre-season and moves out onto a wing.

We have a pretty good track record with our later picks. Considering just how broad this draft is, Im very keen to see who we take with picks 35 and 43.

Just have to have faith in Noble now. He wouldnt drop down our 1st and 2nd rounders if he didnt know what he was doing and think he could get our targets with these new picks.

OMG all the puzzle pieces are in place now.

B0CeTPKCcAANqtA.jpg:large

Look at that horse on his jumper
He's got red hair.

redhorse is Kyle Cheney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back