List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just Shaw's body that lets him down (though it does). It's his inability to kick the ball and have it land in the same postcode as his intended target.
I get the feeling that is caused by the fact he has been injured thow, wether its that hes not confident in his body and is worried he is gonna do a hammy every time he kicks i dunno but i think that it is a contrubiting factor

I think we need to give him 1 more year on the list & hope his body holds up & if it dosnt then delist him or if it does & he still spuds it us delist him, the way i see things it wont hurt us to keep him on the list 1 more year with all the dead wood we cut this year

I'd be delisting Ellis-Yolmen before any of the other names mentioned. 3 seasons on our list and only 1 game, it's not as though he's a ruckman or key position player and we're waiting for him to develop his body to AFL standard before giving him an opportunity. If he was good enough, a player with his physical attributes should at least be making an impact at SANFL level and pushing for senior selection by now.

He has been making an impact at SANFL level. Rendell said he was going to take time when we drafted him.

You severely underestimate VB. He's been a lot better than "failed to show anything above average consistently, apart from that short stint under Bickley.". 2013 was a bad year and he missed all of 2014. I'll excuse you not being able to remember more than 2 years into the past.

Where he has achieved what exactly? Ive followed the crows closely for 7+ years now. The fact that nothing springs to mind probably reinforces what im trying to argue.

But each to their own I guess. Not going to turn this thread into a VB debate. Will no doubt be an interesting season for him in 2015 and I for one am very interested to see where he ends up.

OMG all the puzzle pieces are in place now.

B0CeTPKCcAANqtA.jpg:large

Look at that horse on his jumper
He's got red hair.

redhorse is Kyle Cheney!

And maybe he sees himself as a big fish!

We got our man! :)

He has been making an impact at SANFL level. Rendell said he was going to take time when we drafted him.

He came 4th in the B&F, so deserves a spot on senior list (he is contracted for 2015 anyway) ahead of Batters (5th) or Spina (7th)

Jesus, talk about last minute trades...

When the first went through I was very disappointed we gave up 31, but after looking at it with the Geelong trade, and as a whole, I think we did okay.

We essentially traded down 4 spots in the 1st and 2nd round for 2 players and upgrades to our 3rd and 4th. The 2 players fill needs. They may not be world beaters, but as a back up ruck and Otten replacement, they came relatively cheap.

We have also begun the long and arduous task of ditching the dead wood on our list that we kinda couldn't with no draft picks. It'll take time, but we're moving in the right direction there.

Not a bad trade period.

Disappointed we lose 31, but decent upgrades on
L Thompson or Ellis-Yolmen. Gut feeling: Bye bye Luke.
Have to agree. Luke's form when recalled to the team at the end of the year was poor. CEY and Siggins on their last chance for next year, need to show something.

He came 4th in the B&F, so deserves a spot on senior list (he is contracted for 2015 anyway) ahead of Batters (5th) or Spina (7th)

5th and 7th for first year players > 4th for a 3rd year :p

Jesus, talk about last minute trades...

When the first went through I was very disappointed we gave up 31, but after looking at it with the Geelong trade, and as a whole, I think we did okay.

We essentially traded down 4 spots in the 1st and 2nd round for 2 players and upgrades to our 3rd and 4th. The 2 players fill needs. They may not be world beaters, but as a back up ruck and Otten replacement, they came relatively cheap.

We have also begun the long and arduous task of ditching the dead wood on our list that we kinda couldn't with no draft picks. It'll take time, but we're moving in the right direction there.

Not a bad trade period.
I'm really happy with this as we will need our 3rd and 4th round picks this year. Smart strategy

Phil Walsh on 5AA after 4:30 to talk about trades etc, think Noble is on tonight as well. I wouldn't bother tuning in before that though, typical everythings great at the destination club/ohh no what have the Crows done this time... conversation.

Sounds like there might be 2 former players bitter about the possibility of losing their jobs to Bickley...

Amen. We also gave up a top ten draft pick for 14, because we are so over top ten draft pivks now.
Pick 14 for pick 10's a good trade.

2006 afl draft:

Pick 10: P Dangerfield
Pick 14: J Grimes

2008 afl draft:

Pick 10: Phil David
Pick 14: Ayce Cordy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else like the way Noble trades?

I imagine if we had targets coming to us or had someone wanting to leave he would be able to pull off something in our favour?

He just seems to think out of the box a bit more than other clubs. Like the way we got crouch and brown.
There's a reason why half a dozen other clubs tried to poach him.

jeezuz these pillocks on aa are painful
WHY DIDN'T WE GET COONEY!!!! GORRINGE!!!! VARCOE!!!! all south aussies that we couldnt convince to come home (did we try?)

Another terrible waste of time trade period. LOl at AA in meltdown over Nobles useless ability to trade and the nuff nuffs here trying to make out we dis ok because they now look stupid defending him here.

Pick 14 for pick 10's a good trade.

2006 afl draft:

Pick 10: P Dangerfield
Pick 14: J Grimes

2008 afl draft:

Pick 10: Phil David
Pick 14: Ayce Cordy

Dangerfield was 2007. I have no idea who Phil David is...

2010 AFL Draft
Pick 10: Daniel Gorringe
Pick 14: Brodie Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back