Women's Footy AFC GET Women's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing Port remain so focused on China that their content to leave this entire field to us.

Amazing short-sightedness.

Not if you have been involved in SAWFL for the past couple of years. They had major issues a few years ago re paying their licence fee and often have issues with players not turning up for games, unfortunately.

Amazing Port remain so focused on China that their content to leave this entire field to us.

Amazing short-sightedness.
We'll keep winning and getting on tv and the next generation of young girls will have hero's that are Crows players so will support all forms of the crows. While Port continue to waste time and money in country that doesn't give a single * about this sport.

Not if you follow the expansion numbers in QLD - it's been huge up there.
And women's footy has always been big there

About 5-6 years ago wa and qld were the only two states capable of keeping it respectable vs vic.

It's why I thought the premiership would be a playoff between freo and Brisbane.

Wow, so we'll be up to 14 teams by 2020 and still no Port?

They were really serious about not being interested, huh? I guess it's a good thing, premiership aside I'm not sure SA/NT has enough talent to split between two clubs and remain competitive. Hopefully the addition of two more Vic-based clubs will thin out their squads a bit :thumbsu:

AFLW draft is on today from 11:30AM our time, I think it's being broadcast live on the AFL's website.

Hard to get too excited when we can only pick from the SA/NT pool and no other club can pick from it. So irrespective of draft position we'll just be listing them off in order of preference. The free agency period afterwards or whatever it's called where we can pick girls from all over the country will be more interesting.

AFLW draft is on today from 11:30AM our time, I think it's being broadcast live on the AFL's website.

Hard to get too excited when we can only pick from the SA/NT pool and no other club can pick from it. So irrespective of draft position we'll just be listing them off in order of preference. The free agency period afterwards or whatever it's called where we can pick girls from all over the country will be more interesting.

Has Chloe Scheer entered the draft or is she holding off due to her injury?

She obviously would've been one of our certain picks, along with Jess Allan and Eloise Jones.

Of the mature age players, it sounds like Ruth Wallace is the most likely. From stories I've heard about her she may have some issues with dedication and discipline, but she's clearly an interesting prospect.

Sophie Li is another well-performed older South Aussie, but Carlton invited her over earlier this year to train with them so I'm not sure whether she's nominated SA or Victoria?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She obviously would've been one of our certain picks, along with Jess Allan and Eloise Jones.

Of the mature age players, it sounds like Ruth Wallace is the most likely. From stories I've heard about her she may have some issues with dedication and discipline, but she's clearly an interesting prospect.

Sophie Li is another well-performed older South Aussie, but Carlton invited her over earlier this year to train with them so I'm not sure whether she's nominated SA or Victoria?
Really hoping to see Sophie get picked up, I know her family they would all be so happy for her.

Hope to see Eloise get picked up. Great kid. Very talented sportsperson across Basketball and Volleyball also.

2a6d027f-39d9-4138-9a9e-a6755fec0248_800.png

Stand up straight Jess! The BHP is pretty obvious on the back of our guernsey as compared to the other sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back