Autopsy AFL 2016 - Round 4 - What have you liked, learnt or hated?

Remove this Banner Ad

The 15m rule has been aborted heavily this weekend. Saw it with the Hawks vs Saints game and the Crows vs Swans game in the back pockets.

There's been 2 instances in the last 5-6 years where a team have lost their absolute best player and one of the best players in the AFL, and then gone on to win the flag the year after. Can Adelaide do it as well? They're looking a pretty complete side at the moment. But then again it's early days.

They have us at the 'G this week, so another big test....

Jesus, how much have you drank already? Enough to forget about a few pretty decent players evidently....

I haven't forgotten anyone. I reckon he's the best
It's ok,you don't have to agree with me.

Others will say Buddy, others will say Kennedy, I say Lynch....at the moment!!!
Who would you have ahead of him??

That Brisbane would be very competitive if they could kick straight in front of goal (I know against North they missed a lot early which no doubt deflated them).
Gold Coast aren't where they think they are. They went in expecting an easy win and it didnt happen. With May out and Thompson injured and a few tough weeks they may lose a few of their next games.
There are about 14 teams i see that could make the 8.
St Kilda are on the rise with a strong midfield and forward line. Rooey still playing fantastically.
Hawks are coasting and are saving themselves for the end of the year. Still flag favourites
Sydney and Adelaide to be in the top 4. Adelaide being 3-1 is ridiculous considering their draw.

And the umpires showing no consistency in 15 metres, (including some players running 25 metres without bouncing) and kicking in danger rarely getting paid when it should

hated: my team and the umpires across multiple games.
learned: the reason kicking or running 15m was never paid is that the umpires just absolutely cannot judge distance. it is still unfathomable how the 15m for kicking is consistently half the distance for running 15m without bouncing.
liked: at least we lost to a good team unlike some others

I liked Paddy's cracker of a mark and that Melbourne were paying $2.90 to win today! Was a 50/50 game at best, so how Collingwood were so short just baffled me. Thanks to all those who backed Collingwood, who made Melbourne such juicy odds. :thumbsu:

Learned that we can match it with pretty much anybody if we bring our game and effort to the table.

Hated the umpiring in the last quarter.

Liked: The race this season looks very open, Tom Boyd using his head in the wrong game

Disliked: Another terrible display of umpiring

Learned: We are going to see the Bulldogs depth tested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked - Melbourne (obviously) a great win to put us 2/2 with winnable games against Richmond & St Kilda to come.

Learnt - GWS are improving and a top 8 contender. A huge win today gives them great confidence for a maiden finals appearance. No excuses for running out of legs this year. Must build from this game.

Hated - Saints losing by a few points. Would've been great to see a huge upset.

Learnt umps should get paid "f##k you" money so they stop taking bribes or maybe take their job more seriously.

Liked: Crows/Swans, game of the year so far.

Hated: May's hit. Exactly what we don't want to see on the field in an era where concussion awareness is so high.

Learnt: The umps don't know what 15m is.
Charlie Dixon needs to learn how to cope when things aren't going his way. Against both Adel and GWS he spat the dummy and gave away silly free kicks because he wasn't having a good day.

Liked: North on top
Learnt: North can play scintillating football when they want to (1st and 4th Q this week)
Hated: Foul play, yes May, looking at you.

I liked Brisbane winning! 4.15 at half time is atrocious though, that needs fixing asap.

Getting all my tips right was a nice bonus too.

Liked - Said it last week, will say it again - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti. 4 years VFL apprenticeship. An unlikely call up from the rookie list. And has been impressive. Has poise and smarts and beautiful disposal skills. I like watching him play

Learned - I overrated Geelong & Collingwood :( Sad for Treloar that he had the choice of a terribly coached team, or a terrible list that is terribly coached. Would have looked great in the Red and Black...

Hated- GCS not going top. Should have cruised to a win in the Q Clash with the talent they had out there (and Martin out).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back