AFL 2017 - R20 Geelong v Sydney - 19:50 AEST Simmons Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Scott in my opinion is a very clever man and good coach. But what's he doing playing two BOYS against the hardened bodies of the Swans? Selection disasters or lack of depth? Or both?

Yep, at his best. Of course you would need to be familiar with both footy and geelong to understand why, which rules out most of the posters in this thread.

He has won our best and fairest.
He won your best and fairest when you were shit and missed finals.

You're saying he as important at Danger, Selwood, Touhey, Duncan, Henderson etc....

It's rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loath both teams. Can't even prioritise my prejudices tonight. So much hate, so little time:

Scott & Longmire - the two most repugnant AFL coaches.

Selwood - goes without saying.

Danger - just seeing him in the box makes my skin crawl. I liked him at the Crows. But the mass publicity turned me against him. I'm starting to understand why people hate the Magpies.

Lonergan - Has gotten away with murder for 15 years.

Ling - I've got the sound down, and just knowing that he's on tv pisses me off.

Franklin - playing like he wants to come back to Melbourne.

The shadows - what's with the shadows? It looks like a suburban game. Maybe the Cats should shell out for some decent lights. I bet 7 have complained about it.

Sydney - lost for words. Finals again. Here's what would happen if the Magpies got COLA and an academy: there would be rioting on AFL house. They'd drag McLaughlan out of his office, chain him to the back of a vehicle, and drive around Etihad watching him in the rear view mirror bouncing up and down off the pavement. No. I'm completely wrong. I'm sure the Swans success is just the result of a 'good culture'.
The AFL spends a lot of money in Sydney, that is why they must have both clubs succeeding, it's all about Business,$$$$$$!

Honestly, don't think we played that well. Buddy, Jones and Tippett well down. Beaten in the ruck. Grundy was poor. Heeney and Mills only played in spurts. And our highest possession winner was Parker with 23... 8th highest for the game. Good signs I guess.
Individually there weren't many standouts but as a unit we played well. Absorbed a lot of their attacks and we were efficient in the F50, other than a 10 min spell in the 3rd quarter.

Geelong were fairly shit though. We might officially be a bogey side now.

Geelong have had a couple games like this, this year, so buggered if I know. They'll still be there at the end of the year though.
Swans very good and a well earned win. They did get kissed on the willy once of twice with frees, but I think the game was pretty much done by then.

Relevance?
We are an average side. 8-11th.
Just pointing out you have a terrible list besides two stars.
I disagree, we (Cats) have more than a couple of stars if AA rating is to be relied upon. ;) And even if not, I actually watch the games and have a fair idea.

The team I see is mostly young guys on a learning curve and 'old' guys giving something back.

A little freaky that you are posting with a Freo nick purporting to be a Rich. supporter.

Will be there next week, Go Cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back