AFL 2017 - R21 - Melbourne v St. Kilda 13:10 AEST MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope the belief grows for your mob mate and you do some damage in finals. Best of luck for next week :)
Thanks mate- unfortunately we have been down for so long it's hard to believe that we are finally in a position to challenge, hence the people expecting the wheels to fall off at any moment

Thanks for the genuine LOLS, I like your sense of humour :D

Defence mechanism to protect against mental anguish.

Logically the past, and the players who were part of the past and now gone, don't define the future. But losing to North, Freo, Hawks when they were struggling bring flashbacks.

As a Saints fan I know how that used to feel. Then I understood that losing to teams that wont make finals counts for little, after all do you have to beat North to win the flag this year? No. On the other hand you beat a big gun, in Adelaide, which to me is well worth losing to a dud.

You cop s**t if you overrate your side, you cop s**t if you doubt your side. You can't win on BigFooty.

I think most Melbourne supporters have seen enough to have a little bit of doubt going into the Brisbane game next week. We are definitely a better side, but I could dig up some pretty damning stats about how we have performed when we have gone in as favourites over the last few years.

Thanks mate- unfortunately we have been down for so long it's hard to believe that we are finally in a position to challenge, hence the people expecting the wheels to fall off at any moment

The wheels fall off for all teams eventually, but if you dont enjoy the good times you will miss out. Take heart in beating the Crows at home (when one Dees fan even bet his testicle you wouldnt). Take heart in owning one of your bogey teams in St Kilda.

Best team on one day wins it all, not the best team on every other day.

You cop s**t if you overrate your side, you cop s**t if you doubt your side. You can't win on BigFooty.

I think most Melbourne supporters have seen enough to have a little bit of doubt going into the Brisbane game next week. We are definitely a better side, but I could dig up some pretty damning stats about how we have performed when we have gone in as favourites over the last few years.

Is it a bad thing to hope Dees fans can be a fraction more positive then last week ?

Hey I pick St Kilda to win every single week, I havent been copping any s**t for that.

The question mark I'm sure Dees fans still have is their ability to maintain the mental toughness they showed early and late for four quarters.

They have the talent to be a top 4 team if they could do that. This week they were challenged by the coaches at selection and they responded to it. Maturity & experience should see them do it more consistently.

The question mark I'm sure Dees fans still have is their ability to maintain the mental toughness they showed early and late for four quarters.

They have the talent to be a top 4 team if they could do that. This week they were challenged by the coaches at selection and they responded to it. Maturity & experience should see them do it more consistently.

As Saints fans we know the feeling. I can remember going to games around 2000 and almost leaving in tears. But then I realised every team has their positives even when the worst happens.

Tim Watson was a moron but got us Nick Riewoldt
Losing to a s**t team sucks but hey at least their supporters get a rare thrill in a poor season. And just like this season, (loss to Essendon), we generally make up for it by beating someone we should not (GWS)

May have missed our chance at finals this year, perhaps a chance to do a Doggies, also perhaps a chance to get ass raped in our first final. However, we have picks 7 and 8 currently assuming the Hawks win and Pies do not today. We have another year of our youngsters gaining experience and got to unearth someone who looks the goods in Brandon White and perhaps Josh Battle too.

Every team has positives, just gotta look :)

At least stop doubting nearly so much.

Sure you lost to North, boo hoo. In return you knocked off the Crows, in Adelaide.

Would you really have preferred to be embarrassed by a side you may meet in finals and beaten North instead? Not likely.

Clearly the top 8 is hard earnt this year so if you do make it celebrate that rather then wondering about where your next loss is gonna come from.

And yes what is required is to win 4 finals, that is all. Be the better team of 2 on one day, not every day. The Dogs showed anything can happen if you are the best team on that day only.
Well no it's not 'boo hoo' we lost to North. It's a game we shouldn't be dropping. You've got to win those games. Anyway, enough banter, I am stoked we won, you guys were really good in patches and I reckon you'll be ok next year.

As far as winning 4 finals? Hmmmm....

Well no it's not 'boo hoo' we lost to North. It's a game we shouldn't be dropping. You've got to win those games. Anyway, enough banter, I am stoked we won, you guys were really good in patches and I reckon you'll be ok next year.

As far as winning 4 finals? Hmmmm....

Hey the Crows may be better to most outside pundits but you only gotta beat them on one day, not every day :) and you already proved you can.

The Dogs may have not been the best team all season, in fact Sydney, GWS and Hawthorn may have actually been better then them last year, but they were the best team on the day, that is all that ever matters.

We lost to Gold Coast last year, but beat Geelong, so for the bad that may come there quite often is good too :)

Losing to a s**t team sucks but hey at least their supporters get a rare thrill in a poor season. And just like this season, (loss to Essendon), we generally make up for it by beating someone we should not (GWS)

What makes you think we're any poorer than you? We didn't just fluke a win over you, we won quite comfortably. Ridiculous statement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your trolling of everything St Kilda is juvenile & embarrassing.

It is, isn't it.

Just like how "juvenile & embarrassing" you and Plugger35's constant and obsessive trolling of everything Bulldogs has been over the last 2 years? And just like how Man Of Crayons constant trolling of everything StKilda has also been "juvenile & embarrassing"? And just like how "juvenile & embarrassing" most Sydney (and for some reason StKilda?) fans are with anything to do with the Dogs since last years flag. You can also put WC fans obsessive hatred of anything Clayton Oliver in there too.

That's basically what has become of the main board these days. It's just a congregation of bitter, jealous and resentful flogs constantly trying to push their bias agendas and hatred onto others. It's actually crazy how obsessive some are with their hatred for certain teams and/or players.

It seems like forever ago when Bigfooty posters were actual fans of the game itself. And could have honest and frank debates on teams, players and games with genuine objectivity and open-mindedness, rather than the current biased and clearly distorted opinions of players and teams (stemming from bitter grudges, envy, jealousy or whatever it is) which ultimately manifests itself as just simple player/team/umpiring bashing disguised as 'facts' and 'honest opinions'.

It is, isn't it.

Just like how "juvenile & embarrassing" you and Plugger35's constant and obsessive trolling of everything Bulldogs has been over the last 2 years? And just like how Man Of Crayons constant trolling of everything StKilda has also been "juvenile & embarrassing"? And just like how "juvenile & embarrassing" most Sydney (and for some reason StKilda?) fans are with anything to do with the Dogs since last years flag. You can also put WC fans obsessive hatred of anything Clayton Oliver in there too.

That's basically what has become of the main board these days. It's just a congregation of bitter, jealous and resentful flogs constantly trying to push their bias agendas and hatred onto others. It's actually crazy how obsessive some are with their hatred for certain teams and/or players.

It seems like forever ago when Bigfooty posters were actual fans of the game itself. And could have honest and frank debates on teams, players and games with genuine objectivity and open-mindedness, rather than the current biased and clearly distorted opinions of players and teams (stemming from bitter grudges, envy, jealousy or whatever it is) which ultimately manifests itself as just simple player/team/umpiring bashing disguised as 'facts' and 'honest opinions'.
This is actually pretty well said.

Hey the Crows may be better to most outside pundits but you only gotta beat them on one day, not every day :) and you already proved you can.

The Dogs may have not been the best team all season, in fact Sydney, GWS and Hawthorn may have actually been better then them last year, but they were the best team on the day, that is all that ever matters.

We lost to Gold Coast last year, but beat Geelong, so for the bad that may come there quite often is good too :)
Can't see it happening, but appreciate your input

Melbourne didn't win that game, we lost it, probably the worst we've played all year and we were still a chance of winning in the last quarter.

Will be good for Melbourne if they can play finals but I'm not convinced they'll be much of a threat going by their performance today.

We probably wouldn't have been either if we played finals, like Melbourne we're still a year or two away from being a serious premiership threat.

It is, isn't it.

Pointing out how much you've been favoured by the umpires the last 2 years isn't trolling, that is a fact backed up by the free kick stats.

Melbourne didn't win that game, we lost it, probably the worst we've played all year and we were still a chance of winning in the last quarter.

Will be good for Melbourne if they can play finals but I'm not convinced they'll be much of a threat going by their performance today.

We probably wouldn't have been either if we played finals, like Melbourne we're still a year or two away from being a serious premiership threat.

Pointing out how much you've been favoured by the umpires the last 2 years isn't trolling, that is a fact backed up by the free kick stats.

Piss off Plugger even with Razor Ray kissing the Saints on the knob you still couldn't get it done.

It is, isn't it.

What rot.

Speaking for myself, I hold an opinion on a handful of issues that Bulldogs fans are precious about.

Other than those 3 issues I don't think I've posted a negative comment about the Dogs.

There's a lot of people on this board too precious about criticism. Some mods too (I'll probably get carded for that). Of course there's plenty of trolls. There always has been. It's footy so most people bag opposition teams regardless of the forum. Online there's too many that act like a toddler when they read it.

It doesn't take too much maturity to differentiate between genuine criticism & mindless trolling. Pity there's not more of it on the main board. There once was (especially from the mods)

Really happy for Brayshaw to not just play, but play well.

We have some very important players in the ressies who need to pull their finger out and get into this side. Most will talk about Watts, but I think Salem is even more important. He was fantastic in the first half of this year, and while he hadn't been great since he came back from injury, I was still a little shocked when he was omitted. He is comfortably our best kick in my humble.

Although did I read he got reported for Casey yesterday?
Yep. Reported. Looks likely for a long spell.

You mean the 50m penalty for not giving the footy to Viney after being told about 12 times to give the footy to Viney and not doing it?

It wasn't for that, it was for Acres running too close to Viney even though Viney was jogging backwards to take his kick so he also contributed to it.

Technically it may have been there but to penalise a team a goal for pedantic s**t like that is a joke, classic Razor Ray over umpiring.

The umpiring was pretty terrible overall but there were poor calls both ways, our poor kicking cost us more than the umpiring did.

That first quarter from the Saints was disgusting.

You're telling me, probably the worst quarter we have played all year, most of your goals were from our horrible turnovers.

Thankfully we improved for the remainder of the game but the damage done by that first quarter ultimately cost us the game.

If Melbourne play finals they won't get given that sort of head start by better teams than us, we all but handed you the win in that first quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back