AFL 2017 - R23 - Geelong v GWS 19:25 AEST Simmonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Classic stuff from Richo, "Guthrie hasn't had his best game tonight"

Didn't he play a negating role on Josh Kelly? How'd JK go? GWS could use some mids that actually run two ways.

FFS can someone call out a good performance without having to look at a stat sheet?

Guthrie had a great game. Looked on whenever he had it.

Didn't he play a negating role on Josh Kelly? How'd JK go? GWS could use some mids that actually run two ways.

FFS can someone call out a good performance without having to look at a stat sheet?

It's Richo. Did you expect more? Richo and Darcy are like tweedledee and tweedledum

Guthrie was terrific all night, indeed.

It's Richo. Did you expect more? Richo and Darcy are like tweedledee and tweedledum
Sure but it's consistent with the superficial nature of what they offer. Midfielder? Check the possies, that is how they're rated.

The other grating thing is the repetition of the back story. If you don't know that Tom Stewart has been recruited this year from South Barwon with the help of Matthew Scarlett, then you haven't watched one of the many FTA games the Cats have been on. Because they mention is EVERY. DAMN. WEEK.

Same with Blicavs a couple of years back, Menegola's history with Hawthorn and Freo, Lonergan's kidney (at least there was specific relevance tonight).

Sure but it's consistent with the superficial nature of what they offer. Midfielder? Check the possies, that is how they're rated.

The other grating thing is the repetition of the back story. If you don't know that Tom Stewart has been recruited this year from South Barwon with the help of Matthew Scarlett, then you haven't watched one of the many FTA games the Cats have been on. Because they mention is EVERY. DAMN. WEEK.

Same with Blicavs a couple of years back, Menegola's history with Hawthorn and Freo, Lonergan's kidney (at least there was specific relevance tonight).

And you missed the endless Hawkins 'coming of age' in the 2011 GF.... :mad:

thats what i was thinking. Maybe geelong would have preferred a narrow win over giants. And they could still play a home at Simonds if richmond win tomorrow?

Hawkins and Selwood were playing TAC Cup last time Richmond beat Geelong. They were barely in high school last time Richmond won a final. Geelong's just beaten Richmond without three of its best four or five players (who should all be ready for the first week of finals).

Plus, of course, if there was ever a team that probably shouldn't count its chickens (besides Melbourne), surely it must be Richmond. In other words, maybe worry about beating a side which absolutely destroyed yours last time they met, so you actually earn the right to play a Qualifying Final, before talking about other teams being scared of you.

Would Geelong beat Richmond in an MCG Qualifying Final? I don't know. What I do know is that when you're given the opportunity to play a team that has looked as ordinary at times this year as Richmond (or Geelong, for that matter) in a Qualifying Final in your home state, that's a gift. Whether it eventuates and if so, whether Geelong is good enough to capitalise remains to be seen.

Most folks may agree that the quality of ch7 match commentating over the last few years has been awful

Geelong looked devastating tonight, I guess same place, same teams , in a fortnight ?
Next time may be a bit different , but tonight they looked unbeatable , really played like they were on fire.

Can't help admire our Hawks deadly enemy, we both owe each other and will forever , good rivalry .

So good luck, see you next year. Keep playing like that and you are Premiers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins and Selwood were playing TAC Cup last time Richmond beat Geelong. They were barely in high school last time Richmond won a final. Geelong's just beaten Richmond without three of its best four or five players (who should all be ready for the first week of finals).

Plus, of course, if there was ever a team that probably shouldn't count its chickens (besides Melbourne), surely it must be Richmond. In other words, maybe worry about beating a side which absolutely destroyed yours last time they met, so you actually earn the right to play a Qualifying Final, before talking about other teams being scared of you.

Would Geelong beat Richmond in an MCG Qualifying Final? I don't know. What I do know is that when you're given the opportunity to play a team that has looked as ordinary at times this year as Richmond (or Geelong, for that matter) in a Qualifying Final in your home state, that's a gift. Whether it eventuates and if so, whether Geelong is good enough to capitalise remains to be seen.

Pussies looked pretty devastating tonight.

Geelong looked devastating tonight, I guess same place, same teams , in a fortnight ?
Next time may be a bit different , but tonight they looked unbeatable , really played like they were on fire.

Can't help admire our Hawks deadly enemy, we both owe each other and will forever , good rivalry .

So good luck, see you next year. Keep playing like that and you are Premiers.
Geelong was Magnificent tonight, that was premiership material football. Hope the Cats or the Crows win the flag!

Never really believed final game of home and away between potential finals teams is relevant. Always nice to win though. Went to this game and saw a pretty much "bruise" free game. Intensity was not there from Giants and Geelong dominated the scrums. Liked Hawkins game and some of the lesser knowns. Bew's has actually improved and a couple of his dashes through the middle were very good. Giants kicked some easy goals with some pretty slick play but they were not prepared to work hard enough in general play. I think they have more to improve FROM this game than Geelong. Not getting carried away and hope first final for Geelong is at the G. This is the ground where GF's are won. I think I saw a fork hanging out of Stevie J's back so maybe he is cooked. Shame... but I hope he can make a finals contribution to GWS. Dangerfield is a star he gathered 30 possies without raising a sweat. Toby Greene was booed every time he went near the ball and if his name was Goodes people would have been crying foul/racist or whatever else ..of course that won't happen. Good player as well kicked 3 and I think some good finals footy in store for him. Quite frankly the score flattered GWS but premierships are not won in Rnd 23. Scott the coach is under the microscope from here as his record as a coach in finals needs to be better. Time will tell.

Dangerfield appealing for a free kick again.
Has become a self righteous entitled flog now he plays with Joel

Oh hai Hawks fan. Whatcha getting up to in September?

Looks like for all of your arrogance you have about as much to show as the Hawks in 2017

Gotta love a trout mouth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back