AFL 2017 - R23 - Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs 19:50 AEST Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder what Sam Mitchell thinks about the sendoff tonight? Would have been great to see him chaired off at the same time but not to be. Still won't be the same at Domain Stadium.

Wonder what Sam Mitchell thinks about the sendoff tonight? Would have been great to see him chaired off at the same time but not to be. Still won't be the same at Domain Stadium.
Are you talking about west coast coach Sam Mitchell?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

**** sake why am I finding Hodge so likeable tonight? Has he always actually been a decent guy? I feel bad. Maybe I'm sick.

Most players cop far too much vitriol around here. Far far too much it's sickening.
Sometimes a player gets pumped up to much for being rated and/or a good bloke so when an opportunity arises to bring them down, eg Hodgey's post incident people go OTT very hard at them.
So instead of Hodge being seen as a good guy somehow his reputation gets turned around completely and a large % of people think he is an out and out dog.
The balance is never right.

Too many simple errors in the forward 50 cost the dogs tonight, Bont and Picken colliding, Mclean blowing that easy chance, Murphy spraying it. Bont was off and he needed to be 110% for them to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange feeling having season over but I'm glad it finished with a win and pleased that I've got to see some of our next lot get such a great run of games.

Good luck to the tigers, dees, crows and GWS in the finals

Just admit that you were wrong. :D
I wasn't, some of that youth is still not that good, the middle core is awful.
In any case, check that hogwash fastest rebuild thread, my thoughts are there.

Let go of the bitterness, it'll shorten your life, I'm a Doctor so I know these things ;)

I wasn't, some of that youth is still not that good, the middle core is awful.
In any case, check that hogwash fastest rebuild thread, my thoughts are there.

Let go of the bitterness, it'll shorten your life, I'm a Doctor so I know these things ;)

I would think that Burton, Sicily, Brand, Hardwick and O'Brien have exceeded expectations to suggest that they'll make it as footballers and they've played some good footy throughout 2017.

Anyway, yes I have been a bitter fool this year on many counts. Losing so many games in succession can do that to you. :(

Haven't seen too many doggie's games this year, and I was surprised we trounced them so soundly in clearances (not one of our strengths this year), as I pictured them as a very strong clearance team. I looked at the stats, and saw that I'm living in the past, in that last year they were the #1 clearance differential team, and now they've dropped to 13th (still above us, as we are sitting at 16th). What has changed to lead to such a dramatic fall in this area? (we were already pretty ordinary even with Mitchell and Lewis, having finished 16th in that stat last year too). Last night having both JOM and Mitchell in the team at the same time, and JOM only having 1 less clearance than the top clearance player of the night helped us, but who is no longer winning the clearances at Bulldogs that was helping them win the clearance differential stat last year? Bevo seemed to put a lot of blame on your defence last night, but when you lose centre clearances 17-7 (and overall clearances 46-23), your defence is always going to be under the pump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back