AFL 2017 - R8 - Adelaide v Melbourne - 19:10 ACST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Only a two point loss and a three point loss to ******* bottom 10 sides (though Freo could be top 8 by tomorrow) stand between us and third spot on the ladder which is ******* infuriating
Only team in the league to lead or be level in the last quarter this year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Average losing margin of a touch under 2 goals to. Those losses will come back to bite no doubt.
Not if we can win enough games to make them irrelevant. FFS if we can beat Adelaide over there we can win bloody anywhere. Time we pulled out socks up and just started playing like that EVERY WEEK!

Whilst the win was great, I've got no idea which Melbourne arrives next week. I want to see another month of intensity like tonight and I'll be convinced we've turned. We simply can't let up now.

Hopefully they reflect on that and realise if they "turn up" to play with hard running and pressure/tackling theyll be in every game. It's the same competition wide this year. We bring that intensity last week we're sitting in 5th.
Melbourne has a problem of not playing four quarters. When they do, we get tonight's result. When they don't, we get Fremantle and Richmond. It's between the ears.

Not if we can win enough games to make them irrelevant. FFS if we can beat Adelaide over there we can win bloody anywhere. Time we pulled out socks up and just started playing like that EVERY WEEK!

Whilst the win was great, I've got no idea which Melbourne arrives next week. I want to see another month of intensity like tonight and I'll be convinced we've turned. We simply can't let up now.
To be fair we haven't really played a bad game this year, whereas each other team has at least one shocker under their belt (except the Dogs and maybe the Saints though they were average against us)

What happened to the flopper formally known as Eddie Betts? Wasn't at his floppy best tonight.
Only turns up when the crows are dominating. Heat goes on and he goes bye bye.

Melbourne has a problem of not playing four quarters. When they do, we get tonight's result. When they don't, we get Fremantle and Richmond. It's between the ears.

Agree - as much as I hate it as an excuse, and we've been hearing it for 10 years now, it's bound to happen with young teams. As this side matures they will learn how to ensure they turn up to play and when things aren't going g their way, learn how to wrest momentum from the opposition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond wasn't a matter of a fourth quarter effort, it was a matter of being down to two on the bench with no ruck and Petracca limping around

To be fair we haven't really played a bad game this year, whereas each other team has at least one shocker under their belt (except the Dogs and maybe the Saints though they were average against us)
A bad fadeout is a bad game. A good side turns a 27 point lead against freo into a 60 point win. A good side piles on 5 goals in the last to beat Richmond by 60. Unless we thrash our guts out next week, tonight counts for nothing.

Only turns up when the crows are dominating. Heat goes on and he goes bye bye.
Certain teams and players rely far too much on umpires and downhill skiing. We cracked on and just played footy, the Crows players would stop and whinge to the umpire for a free. It's funny how a few early wins in the season makes a team believe they are entitled to a free run.

A bad fadeout is a bad game. A good side turns a 27 point lead against freo into a 60 point win. A good side piles on 5 goals in the last to beat Richmond by 60. Unless we thrash our guts out next week, tonight counts for nothing.

Geez can you just appreciate the effort and win tonight for at least a few hours before going all emo on us

Agree - as much as I hate it as an excuse, and we've been hearing it for 10 years now, it's bound to happen with young teams. As this side matures they will learn how to ensure they turn up to play and when things aren't going g their way, learn how to wrest momentum from the opposition
I hope so. Tonight was great.

I reckon all the media outlets during the week that had a crack at Goodwin for saying they are still a developing side might not have much to say about him this week. Just pretend they didn't all had a crack at him for no reason..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back