AFL 2018 R9: Gold Coast Suns v Port Adelaide: Saturday 3:15 PM Adelaide Arena at Jiangwan Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

No trolling, but have port or the AFL actually explained who’s making money from it? Is it profitable right now or are they hoping it will be profitable in the future etc? Cos I just don’t see how it could be profitable with that small a crowd and the afl having to beg and pay them to show it on tv over there last yr.

Haven’t you heard it’s a bloody sell out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port would need those embarrassing gimmicks to create an atmosphere.. Most clubs do it naturally and don't need gimmicks.
Lol do it naturally???

The Port crowd did it naturally. Every other club tried to and all made an embarrassing attempt.

Any other lies you'd like to pull out???

No trolling, but have port or the AFL actually explained who’s making money from it? Is it profitable right now or are they hoping it will be profitable in the future etc? Cos I just don’t see how it could be profitable with that small a crowd and the afl having to beg and pay them to show it on tv over there last yr.
No trolling.... But lol

Others want to...

Not our fault you aren't making it a spectacle...
Good luck with that, don’t think you’ll find anybody willing to play you other in China as the home team again.

Good luck with that, don’t think you’ll find anybody willing to play you other in China as the home team again.
Im sure a Victorian team can afford to give 1 of their 18.

After all you did not long ago to us...

Lol do it naturally???

The Port crowd did it naturally. Every other club tried to and all made an embarrassing attempt.

Any other lies you'd like to pull out???

I would be more concerned about the lies you just pulled out. Anything to defend your embarrassing gimmick though. :rolleyes:

I would be more concerned about the lies you just pulled out. Anything to defend your embarrassing gimmick though. :rolleyes:
Whatever, Port crowd is infinitely better than your mob, and created its own ritual. Jealous???

Clearly you are, your bitterness is shining through.

Well I wasn’t. I was being serious. How is this profitable now? Or is it not profitable but they want it to be in the future? Pretty straight forward question.
Weren't you trying to play in India....

Highly unlike your mob to follow Port's lead, just like into the AFL and Adelaide Oval...

Well I wasn’t. I was being serious. How is this profitable now? Or is it not profitable but they want it to be in the future? Pretty straight forward question.
Sponsorship money (I don't have a figure) would far outweigh gate takings. Think about this game as an opportunity for Port to get Chinese sponsors - money from playing the game itself is irrelevant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weren't you trying to play in India....

Highly unlike your mob to follow Port's lead, just like into the AFL and Adelaide Oval...
I wouldn't have a clue. I was asking the questions about this match.. If it's actually profitable now or whether they are hoping it will become profitable in the future. If you don't know then just say you dont know. No need to get defensive and deflect and make it about something else.

I wouldn't have a clue. I was asking the questions about this match.. If it's actually profitable now or whether they are hoping it will become profitable in the future. If you don't know then just say you dont know. No need to get defensive and deflect and make it about something else.
Well perhaps learn a little about your own backyard before you knock the concept.

If the Crows wanted to do it too, don't you think there would be a reason?

Sponsorship money (I don't have a figure) would far outweigh gate takings. Think about this game as an opportunity for Port to get Chinese sponsors - money from playing the game itself is irrelevant
That doesn't make sense tho does it? What Chinese company is going to sponsor them or more importantly pay more than an Australian company to sponsor them when they know no one in China cares enough to even watch the game.

Surely Australian sponsors would be prepared to pay whatever Chinese companies are willing to pay to sponsor port power??

So are they hoping it becomes popular over there and then the big sponsorships that they wouldn't get in Australia will start coming in? Or are they supposedly getting them now? And if so who and how much?

Whatever, Port crowd is infinitely better than your mob, and created its own ritual. Jealous???

Clearly you are, your bitterness is shining through.

Aren't you quite defensive? There is nothing to be jealous of.

There is no jealousy with the "ritual" as you call it, or the gimmick as most would call it. I must say that there is generally a natural atmosphere against the Crows. Not because of your crowd but more because of the Crows crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back