AFL 2019: Rnd 12 Carlton v Brisbane Lions - 13:45 AEST, Jun 08, 2019 Marvel Stadium

Who will win

• Carlton

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

1559910043181.png
1559910181446.png
Match Preview

What it means for Carlton: A fresh start after the sacking of coach Brendon Bolton on Monday. The shackles will probably be released so expect the battling Blues to at least try to play attacking football.
What it means for Brisbane: A golden opportunity for a percentage-boosting win over the in-crisis bottom team, although coach Chris Fagan will be wary of the prospect of an immediate response from the Blues.

The stat: The Lions have won just one of their past six games against Carlton at Marvel Stadium. They haven't faced each other there since 2016.
The match-up: Harris Andrews v Harry McKay
This clash looms as an exciting duel between two of the game's best young exponents of contested marking: Lions star Andrews (ranked No.29 in the Official AFL Player Ratings) and improving Blues forward McKay (No.350).

It's a big week for: David Teague
The former North Melbourne and Carlton defender has been asked to fill the coaching void left by Bolton's departure and he appears well equipped for the role, having coached VFL club Northern Bullants before assistant coaching roles with West Coast, St Kilda, Adelaide and Carlton.

Big call: Free of the burden of external expectation, the Blues will lead into the last quarter before being overrun.
Prediction: Lions by 26 points

Weather: 17 mostly sunny

I think brisbane have definitely turned a corner with being able to finish games off and have some real talent in the team adding neale to the midfield has been instrumental to their placing and harris andrews is turning into a gun half back he reads the play so well.
I say brisbane by atleast 30 pts after a tight first half.

Think the Lions will win, but it's a bit of a danger game for them I reckon. Looking forward to seeing Teague's first game as interim coach and whether there is a response by the Blues.

Blues to win, two caretaker coaches in a row to get the bounce, more clubs to sack coaches soon, you heard it here first.

Will Carlton come out with the kind of energy and intent North did? A large part of the reason for North's change was that the constraints of structure and roles were loosened somewhat and a lot of our players were finally allowed to play on instinct. Did Carlton have a similar issue? And was Bolton generally holding them back aside from roles/gameplan?

Will be interesting to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two minutes into the game and Walsh tries a 40 metre banana kick from the boundary line.

I rate the kid but good to see Carlton are teaching him about teamwork and selflessness...

Back