Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fremantle > 30 pts

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Gold Coast experiment is dumber... GWS can grow over time. Gold Coast on the other hand........... NBL, NRL, A League have all failed there..... why does the AFL think it will be any different?
Hate writing this in a match thread with nothing to do with us.

Off field we are looking good. Turned a profit last year. New facilities. Decent turn outs for our first 2 games.

On field we are starting to click and have an actual game plan with players who want to be there.

People just love death riding us.

Supporters of those sides will probably just take the wins without questioning it, but I guess the query is how much is to do with them being good, and how much is to do with their opposition not playing up to their ability/potential?

Like, is it a genuine "change" to which teams are good and which aren't, or are "the real good teams" losing matches they should be winning?

Who are the good teams and who are the s**t ones?

The Gold Coast experiment is dumber... GWS can grow over time. Gold Coast on the other hand........... NBL, NRL, A League have all failed there..... why does the AFL think it will be any different?

Because a few million dollars a year doesn't effect the AFL anywhere near as much as the other lesser competitions!

Who are the good teams and who are the s**t ones?

Well, considering reasonable expectations and "on paper", pre-season, teams like Freo, GC and St Kilda are exceeding expectations and beating teams they weren't expected to, and teams like Adelaide, Melbourne, and even GWS and West Coast at times are falling short of what was expected of them going into this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the AFL has far more money and resources and stability than the NRL, A-League and NBL have ever had. They've got themselves into a position that they can afford to "piss away" funds on an "experiment", without the result mattering much. It's a low-risk, potentially high reward proposition. In business terms, it's exactly the position you want to be in and the way to expand properly, from a position of strength and stability.

That's as good a win as I've seen since........last night. Which was as good a win as I seen since........the night before.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrogance.

Actually.....

GWS AND othing compared to that ridiculous China deal.
Hate writing this in a match thread with nothing to do with us.

Off field we are looking good. Turned a profit last year. New facilities. Decent turn outs for our first 2 games.

On field we are starting to click and have an actual game plan with players who want to be there.

People just love death riding us.

Nah no hate for Gold Coast or GWS from me..

Just the AFL's attitude to Gold Coast and GWS is the annoying part. Sold both clubs to the general public as the next big thing... will take off and be a success immediately, throw all money, resources and players at them, blah blah. Blind Freddy would know that these areas would take decades upon decades to reach a good level of sustainability regardless of how many flags they win or how successful they are. That's the frustrating part about it... The AFL's rhetoric. Success is not paid for... it's earned over time.

Actually.....

GWS AND othing compared to that ridiculous China deal.

Nah no hate for Gold Coast or GWS from me..

Just the AFL's attitude to Gold Coast and GWS is the annoying part. Sold both clubs to the general public as the next big thing... will take off and be a success immediately, throw all money, resources and players at them, blah blah. Blind Freddy would know that these areas would take decades upon decades to reach a good level of sustainability regardless of how many flags they win or how successful they are. That's the frustrating part about it... The AFL's rhetoric. Success is not paid for... it's earned over time.
vivid imagination you have.

Well, considering reasonable expectations and "on paper", pre-season, teams like Freo, GC and St Kilda are exceeding expectations and beating teams they weren't expected to, and teams like Adelaide, Melbourne, and even GWS and West Coast at times are falling short of what was expected of them going into this year.

The thing about that is people don't factor in change, its why playing in the now has never been so important!

Freo and GCS with StKilda a little less has made massive changes over the off season, compare that to the 4 team's you have listed, world's apart!

The most overrated team in the history of the game get pantsed.

How Geelong lost to this mob I'll never know ... well I have a fair idea.

Back