Preview AFL 2020 Round 14 - Carlton v Collingwood Sun August 30th 3:35 pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No criticism of Walsh but why aren’t Carlton playing their second best midfielder in the midfield. Walsh has proven he can be a good wingman but I don’t understand how players like Murphy, Setterfield and Dow are playing in the centre ahead of him.

No criticism of Walsh but why aren’t Carlton playing their second best midfielder in the midfield. Walsh has proven he can be a good wingman but I don’t understand how players like Murphy, Setterfield and Dow are playing in the centre ahead of him.

actually agree with this. I reckon Murphy looks cooked.

Cause we are really good at playing players out of position.

Two goals 100% as a result of him not hitting contests hard. Ball is there to be won and he goes to water consistently.

this isn’t me having a crack at him, over his career he has been a goos footballer and there was a period when he was a genuine gun but I think it has passed him by now.

Right.

Top 10 Best and Fairest finishes not a good indication that they're still in the top 10 players on your list?

Both finished top 10 last year, and both likely to finish top 10 this year.
We have replacements and they are young. Your seniors players are supposed to be in the top 10 otherwise what’s the point.

Hope Main is OK, like your big lanky yank, he is a beauty, Miyacheck (spelling?) beauty, Moore is a ripper, like his Dad,
you got the best ruckman follower going around, Grundy.
Nice win, under manned, good day Pies.
Whether I should say this to you Carringbush mob I don't know , but your Daicos is better lookin than his old man, heh heh.
Not a bad footballer either.
Classy comments my friend

Love the melts. It's an emotional game but bloody hell :oops:

Disappointing second half after a tough first half. It was a grind but we fell away first.

This year was always about 8-10 wins and improving and that will happen. It's a big step forward but we have a way to go. Interesting people talk about Pie's injuries but we have significant outs. Charlie SPS McGovern Marchbank Newman Jack Kennedy Kruezer Cunningam are very good players and are effecting our rotations. It's why we tire.

Casboult Cripps are having to play injured and we have a number of very sore players.

IMO we do need to transition past olders players in 2021. Can't keep them all or playing them. Time for others to step up plus a proper reserves side will really help. Hard for young players to play 14 man a side games then jump into the AFL

Recruit 1-2 good players like Williams and a full list in 2021 and I see us as a genuine finals side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back