AFL 2023 funding

Remove this Banner Ad

So is Gold Coast and gws costing half a billion each decade? Good job they’ve inflated the tv rights eh?

Gold Coast and GWS have cost $394 million over 10 years while at the same time St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs have cost $353 million and Gold Coast and GWS have at least expanded the game. The Bulldogs and St Kilda have not done that.

What? Carlton been kissed on the "d" with TV fixturing forever. The whole reason we have "floating schedule" is because Carlton got Friday night games every week and couldn't win any of them which was no surprise at the time because they were the worst performed side for literally two decades, made finals once in that time.
I don't believe there's ever been a 2 decade period where we have only made finals once.

Lol what?

Sat nights are considered prime time slots second only to the fri night stand-alone games.

Also, repeatedly calling me filth isn’t the sick burn youre imaging it is from your keyboard.
Shortening your username when addressing you wasn’t meant to offend or be used to ‘burn’. Apologies if you took it this way.

Back on topic, Sat night slots aren’t coveted by clubs for exposure as ratings are significantly lower than Friday and Thurs night games.
Not sure where you got this belief that they were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure you’d get the eyeballs on tv if that were the case.
It’s the same for us every Friday. We are use to 5:40 starts and I like it as the kids can watch the whole game without it being too late.

The AFL making us play at 3:10pm on Friday during gather round is an absolute stitch up.

Same when they did double headers on Friday night for covid and started the games at 3pm in Perth as the lead in. Crowds are all at work, Perth should be the 2nd game or bring forward the Melbourne start time to 6pm and 2nd game starts at 9pm Melbourne time.

Last edited:
It’s the same for us every Friday. We are use to 5:40 starts and I like it as the kids can watch the whole game without it being too late.
Yep, and for those without kids or with kids too old to care, it's all good. You can start at the pub at 530 for the first quarter and a half, make your way home midway through the second, leaving enough time to be on the couch at home with a tinnie ready for the second half kick off. You do miss the incredibly perceptive entertaining analysis of Daisy and the Duck in the half time break, but life without sacrifice is a pipedream

Shortening your username when addressing you wasn’t meant to offend or be used to ‘burn’. Apologies if you took it this way.

Back on topic, Sat night slots aren’t coveted by clubs for exposure as ratings are significantly lower than Friday and Thurs night games.
Not sure where you got this belief that they were.

1. Lol. I wasn’t offended, I think it was a lame attempt to belittle me and I told you as much.

Also don’t try to pull it off as an abbreviation, you made a point of spelling it filth and repeatedly using that word.

There’s no doubt you thought it was some kind of sick burn.

2. **** off teams don’t covet sat night slots.

Might as well piss on me and tell me it’s raining.

Of course teams want those sat night slots. Your continued attempts to paint up and down and day as night are either the work of a troll or an idiot, and I can’t tell which.

1. Lol. I wasn’t offended, I think it was a lame attempt to belittle me and I told you as much.

Also don’t try to pull it off as an abbreviation, you made a point of spelling it filth and repeatedly using that word.

There’s no doubt you thought it was some kind of sick burn.

2. * off teams don’t covet sat night slots.

Might as well piss on me and tell me it’s raining.

Of course teams want those sat night slots. Your continued attempts to paint up and down and day as night are either the work of a troll or an idiot, and I can’t tell which.
Ok we will leave our convo there. No point continuing our discussion if you can’t talk rationally about this topic.

Ok we will leave our convo there. No point continuing our discussion if you can’t talk rationally about this topic.

I’m going to end the convo here but try to insult you by saying you’re irrational

Sure.

You made an absurd claim that blues got shit timeslots and only got good timeslots when they were good, and got called out for it. Nothing irrational about my behaviour here.

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine at PWC suggested only 4 or 5 AFL clubs were audited by an external auditor. Sorry i cant recall the exact number.

Maybe some clubs don't want questions asked.

If any enterprise passes two out of three indicators they are audited.

1. Employ more than 100 people
2. Turnover greaterthan $50M
3. Assets greater than $100M ( I think)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back