2023 AFL premiership cup tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Taper

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2023
AFL Club
Geelong
Here is a map of the 2023 premiership cup tour.
AFL-PCT-TOUR-MAP-V4_final.jpeg.jpg
Notice how it's only touring the south east.
Why not tour the NT, SA, WA and QLD?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is a map of the 2023 premiership cup tour.
View attachment 1792174
Notice how it's only touring the south east.
Why not tour the NT, SA, WA and QLD?
Perhaps it wasn’t that well received last year?
Feels like a bit of a half arsed effort.

Personally I wouldn’t have any interest in this if my team wasn’t a good chance of winning it.

And even then I wouldn’t turn up. But also understand why some supporters might.

A team taking their premiership cup around the country however…..

Perhaps it wasn’t that well received last year?
Feels like a bit of a half arsed effort.

Personally I wouldn’t have any interest in this if my team wasn’t a good chance of winning it.

And even then I wouldn’t turn up. But also understand why some supporters might.

A team taking their premiership cup around the country however…..
The premiership cup toured WA only in 2021 and QLD only in 2020.
From memory it was fairly well received.

The premiership cup toured WA only in 2021 and QLD only in 2020.
From memory it was fairly well received.
Yeah I can’t comment on how well it was received. Anything from the media on this is just AFL propaganda.

To me the reduction in locations looks like they are divesting time and money in this exercise due to lack of interest. All easy enough for the AFL to measure. But they’d never publicly admit an exercise wasn’t successful. Just like how they have quietly gone about bringing the grand final parade back to dry land, after last years embarrassment.

I mean WTF would want to attend a showing of a non descript AFL non won Premiership Cup? Just seems like something an 8 year old might be impressed by. Seems rather silly.
Aspiring juniors might get a photo with it I’m sure they’ll be pretty chuffed with that.
Also people that are on the poverty line that will never see a grandfinal live or travel out of their state.
Open your mind papa g

Aspiring juniors might get a photo with it I’m sure they’ll be pretty chuffed with that.
Also people that are on the poverty line that will never see a grandfinal live or travel out of their state.
Open your mind papa g
Great to see it came to the riverina, often overlooked by the afl and is still on the frontline with the battle with rugby league (NRL has a premiership game for points here). I didnt see it but the kids loved it and by all reports the AFL were very generous with the handling of the cup with kids running around with it on the footy ground, even saw a photo of a kid wearing it upside down on his head:tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back