Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Lions v Tigers Thurs June 29th 7:20pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 47 45.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane-vs-Richmond.png

3rd v 12th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 16
BRISBANE LIONS V RICHMOND
THURSDAY JUNE 29TH 7:20PM EST (GABBA)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

LIONS

B: B.Starcevich, H.Andrews, J.Payne
HB: C.McKenna, R.Lester, K.Coleman
C: J.Berry, W.Ashcroft, H.McCluggage
HF: C.Cameron, E.Hipwood, Z.Bailey
F: L.McCarthy, J.Daniher, C.Rayner
FOLL: O.McInerney, J.Dunkley, L.Neale

I/C: D.Robertson, C.Ah Chee, J.Fletcher, D.Wilmot

IN: C.Ah Chee
OUT: K.Lohmann (omitted), D.Fort (sub)

TIGERS
B: N.Balta, D.Grimes, T.Young
HB: D.Rioli, N.Vlastuin, N.Broad
C: K.McIntosh, T.Taranto, J.Ross
HF: M.Pickett, L.Baker, J.Graham
F: B.Miller, J.Riewoldt, D.Martin
FOLL: T.Nankervis, T.Cotchin, S.Bolton

I/C: J.Short, S.Ryan, J.Clarke, J.Hopper

IN: M.Pickett, J.Hopper
OUT: D.Prestia (injured), M.Rioli (omitted), H.Ralphsmith (sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Do Tiges have a chance with the equal most i50 against?

Unless MacWalter can make a correction, it could get outa control.

Brisbane at the Gabba = top 2 quality team.

That's who we're facing this week, and while we've been playing well recently, I don't think we will win. It's usually a high scoring affair with the Lions and we still miss our most dangerous forward in Lynch. Even with him, I'd probably still tip the Lions.

I expect us to compete hard and make it a game under McQualter so it should be a good watch for neutrals too, but the Lions are just too strong a prospect at the Gabba and they don't really lose up there, so I think they win by 15-20 points.

Hi Wosh - thanks for opening the game thread.

If people want to read an intelligent and completely unbiased preview of this game, it's here:

• Admin
Hi Wosh - thanks for opening the game thread.

If people want to read an intelligent and completely unbiased preview of this game, it's here:
Is it SFW friend, or do we need to add a warning? :straining:

Lions look a worse top 4 prospect than Melbourne who are severely out of form.

So many players stagnating. Should be a 50/50 game.
At the Gabba: 7-0
Away from the Gabba: 3-4

They're really 2 different sides, and history going back further than this year shows that too.

At the Gabba you're facing one of the best sides in the comp when you play the Lions, away from there, you're facing a middle ground type team. A look at the overall record doesn't tell the full story, they are such a different team outside of QLD, and more importantly, at the Gabba.

Probably 50/50 in Melbourne, up there they are clear, deserved favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the Gabba: 7-0
Away from the Gabba: 3-4

They're really 2 different sides, and history going back further than this year shows that too.

At the Gabba you're facing one of the best sides in the comp when you play the Lions, away from there, you're facing a middle ground type team. A look at the overall record doesn't tell the full story, they are such a different team outside of QLD, and more importantly, at the Gabba.

Probably 50/50 in Melbourne, up there they are clear, deserved favourites.

But this will be like a final and in finals, Brisbane at home are pretty average.

They get very tight bottoms and start doing things you wouldn't expect from a experienced team. Often the older guys who are prone to the odd brain fade at crucial moments.

Not much love for Richmond here very disappointing lol. I really believe we are a chance then again I could be biased.
… or on hallucinogenics.

1687757511530.jpeg
Richmond supporters gather to discuss their chances this Thursday night at the GABBA. The consensus was that Richmond were “good things.”

1687757918999.jpeg
These two Richmond supporters believe that tagging Ryan Lester is the key to their team’s success on Thursday night.

I got my stat from here.

"only Richmond and West Coast have conceded more than their (Essendon's) 791 inside 50s for the year – North Melbourne are level."

Please provide the breakdown of this stat pre and post MacWalter's appointment if you can find it, I've had a dig around with no luck yet.

I got my stat from here.

"only Richmond and West Coast have conceded more than their (Essendon's) 791 inside 50s for the year – North Melbourne are level."

Please provide the breakdown of this stat pre and post MacWalter's appointment if you can find it, I've had a dig around with no luck yet.
I don't have it but I'm not worried about total i50s conceded. Scoring shots conceded per i50 is a better metric. For that we're equal 2nd, behind saints.

Richmond is the only team that can play us well at the GABBA consistently.

Lions go in as favourites but the Tigers are certainly in with a good shot, no doubt in my mind.

Not much love for Richmond here very disappointing lol. I really believe we are a chance then again I could be biased.
I reckon you’re in with a shot, it’s just hard tipping against the Lions at home. Think it’ll be closer than many are expecting and won’t be entirely surprised if the Tigers spring an upset even if I’m not tipping it.

Back