AFL 2023 Round 3 - Demons v Swans Sun April 2nd 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a bloody good win. We set up really well early on behind the footy when Sydney had some momentum. But we really used our own momentum we’ll all game. Made the most of it. Smashed the swans in contested footy and put 21 goals on them. Blame the umps all you want but swans we beaten but Melbourne and beaten well today.

Sometimes you look at a young player in his first game and think ‘yep he’s going to make it,” and I’ll be buggered sideways if that Van Rooyen Chappy doesn’t have a very good career.

He’s got a touch of his fellow WA export Naughton about him.
Looks great. Now I sure as hell hope that they can sign him up.

I'm not sure that I can find a spot for Gawn and Pickett in today's side.
How are the Casey Demons going?

All the swans fans were saying they'd pump us by 40...

Imagine if we had Gawn and Pickett :)
I think you'll find most of the people predicting a 40+ swans win were demons supporters so not sure why you're having a sook about it.

Easily the better team on the day and a well deserved win.

Well, except we weren’t. Congratulations on an awesome win.
I think it was more the Melbourne supporters saying we would get done easily. Always good to bank a win against the Swans because it happens so rarely, I still wouldn't be confident going up against your mob in September and we get a round 23 rematch at the SCG too.

oh nice. that's fantastic!!! 3 more guaranteed seasons until the Perth clubs come

Not everyone wants to back to WA bit is a concern . We’ve got English and Naughton and they’re bound to come calling

I think you'll find most of the people predicting a 40+ swans win were demons supporters so not sure why you're having a sook about it.

Just had a quick look at the first couple of pages the game day threads from your own board and the main board, couldn't find any Swans fans predicting a melbourne win.

So not sure why you're sooking about a Demon fan sooking about something

;)

Melbourne's forward line is so much better with H. Petty. Their back line is so much weaker without him.
Petty and Van Rooyen make for a dangerous airspace.
Selection difficulties ahead.

It's a very even competition so I don't think any team should be that confident heading into a game. Who is 'The King'? A lot said from him i.e. 'dees are rubbish', 'dees are downhill skiers' etc. Then posters saying '40+' and 'we should be favourites' etc. I can understand why the swans fans would be confident because they've generally had the wood on us but some of the stuff was a bit extra. Like I said before, it's an even competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back